• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 new screens

AAK

Draft said:
OK.

You know.

I couldn't possibly be more excited for any other game. Just couldn't do it.

But seriously?

http://www.weplug.com/images_1/e2311bef577b6e31a6407761fa9b426820080606001537.jpg[img]

More crossbows? I mean SERIOUSLY? Do they dig these things up with the Las Plagas or what?[/QUOTE]

RE 4.5

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
dynamitejim said:
I have to agree. :(

It's especially bad when the director keeps going on about how he's making an effort to really create a contrast between light and dark. Simply over-exposing outdoor scenes and draining the color out seems like the cheesiest, cheapest way to do so.

It will look better in motion.

linkboy

An idea (probably crappy, but I'm throwing it out anyways) to explain the diversity.

What if the area Chris is in, is a town owned by Wesker's group (or Umbrella) where they were testing the Las Palagas (combining them with Umbrella's various virus's).

It wouldn't be hard to go to some 3rd world countries and bribe a bunch of poor people and its not something I wouldn't put past Wesker or Umbrella.

Clinton514

linkboy said:
An idea (probably crappy, but I'm throwing it out anyways) to explain the diversity.

What if the area Chris is in, is a town owned by Wesker's group (or Umbrella) where they were testing the Las Palagas (combining them with Umbrella's various virus's).

It wouldn't be hard to go to some 3rd world countries and bribe a bunch of poor people and its not something I wouldn't put past Wesker or Umbrella.
I'm thinking more along the lines of backing a warlord with Bio-weapons in return for...test 'results'?

Though that might be a little too serious of a subject. Who knows.

karasu

ab3d44dcf7ae1ebb0e11ca6a6471a3e720080606001538.jpg

look at his fucking sheath

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
e2311bef577b6e31a6407761fa9b426820080606001537.jpg

I didn't know Joseph Stalin was alive and well living as a Mexican in Africa. It's too bad the whole racism thing was thrown around. I'm having trouble seeing past all the white/hispanic people now as anything but PC appeasement.

Salazar

Looks nice. I was listening to Roald Dahl's 'Going Solo' (audiobooks win) this morning, and he was talking about being in charge of rounding up and interning Germans in Dar es Salaam. He asked what he was expected to do if they refused to come quietly, and the army chap said "mow 'em down. One machine gun can take care of 500 fellows with rifles".

Thought of this game.

jett

D-Member
drakesfortune said:
e2311bef577b6e31a6407761fa9b426820080606001537.jpg

I didn't know Joseph Stalin was alive and well living as a Mexican in Africa. It's too bad the whole racism thing was thrown around. I'm having trouble seeing past all the white/hispanic people now as anything but PC appeasement.

In all fairness the indian/southeast asian/middle eastern fellows were in the original trailer. They weren't as promiment as the black zombies, but they were there. Actually you can even see a white zombie stashed away behind the crowd... :p

Clinton514

JudgeN said:
Has there been any PS3 screenshots/gameplay video's yet?
Probably none in public. IF this is the same engine as DMC4 I don't think there's much to worry about. Should look as good. :D

Kibbles

BeeDog said:
No other game can make containers look so fucking interesting.

*thinks of the loads of zombies that come out of a tiny container in RE: Apocalypse* Yeah... :lol

No_Style

drakesfortune said:

:lol

You people crack me up, but some of that racial stuff didn't need to be brought up.

C4Lukins

I never knew until this moment that I had a repressed secret desire to kill a Zombie Mexican Joseph Stalin. It looks like I will have the chance to kill dozens of them.

mintylurb

AndyIsTheMoney said:
does anyone else think it seemed scarier when the majority of zombies where black Africans? does that make me racist?

No, because I agree with you.

It was almost like -- you versus them people. That sounds racist as fuck but I have no intention for that.

Now, with all this ethnic diversity shit it seems like Chris just got lost in San Francisco.

Raistlin

Finally ... a game where the uncanny-valley zombie eyes actually make sense.

looks fucking INSANE

ypo

:lol wow they even managed to get an Asian looking dude in there. Resident Evil 5: racist against all races.

Shapingo

Monsterland said:
Is that an asian in the last pic? looks like there's a white, black, asian and mexican.

You should go to Madagascar sometime, one third of the population is asian (4million) (mostly malaysian, even the president is Asian; Marc Ravalomanana) I'm not sure why people are suprised that other people live in africa?!?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
drakesfortune said:
http://www.weplug.com/images_1/e2311bef577b6e31a6407761fa9b426820080606001537.jpg

Pure awesome!

Bizzyb

Banned
Why are they making this a carbon copy of RE4??

don't get me wrong, RE4 was/is a great game, but come on, does the main character have to have the SAME standing and walking styles?

Something just bothers me deep down inside how these guys sow NOTHING for so long and when they do all it looks like is RE4 HD. Its like they didn't know where they wanted to go and then decided to just make another RE4

gconsole

I can see the middle-eastern zombie in the original trailer. But now they put every race there just to avoid black racism arguement? Damn shame, why don't you put black in RE4 as well? I believe there must be some black dude live in spain.

I agree with above comment. The original atmostphere with all/almost zombie are black is a lot scarier.

Kydd BlaZe

Greatest graphics i've seen so far of this console generation. Not an easy feat either considering how mindblowing Killzone 2 and Gears of War 2 look at the moment.

RE5 looks holyshitfuckingridiculously amazing. Seriously.

Rpgmonkey

This game looks like it's going to have some really intense moments.

And this is just with the "grunt" enemies!

This is probably going to be one of my top five games next year.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
gconsole said:
I can see the middle-eastern zombie in the original trailer. But now they put every race there just to avoid black racism arguement? Damn shame, why don't you put black in RE4 as well? I believe there must be some black dude live in spain.

I agree with above comment. The original atmostphere with all/almost zombie are black is a lot scarier.
Some parts of Africa are pretty diverse:

The peoples of North Africa comprise two main groups; Berber and Arabic-speaking peoples in the west, and Egyptians in the east. The Arabs who arrived in the seventh century introduced the Arabic language and Islam to North Africa. The Semitic Phoenicians, the European Greeks, Romans, Vandals and Pied-noir settled in North Africa as well.

But no one here is even making an argument about realism. I'm basically hearing, "Black people are more scary." which is really fucking disturbing, even for an internet forum.

Christopher

mik said:
Diversity has never been this terrifying.

:lol I actuallyed chucked in real life from this...a rare internet occasion lol.

Looks amazing - I love Resident Evil - looks like great enhanced RE4 fun

Hopefully the atmosphere isn't too fucked up now from the whiney complaigners.

SapientWolf said:
But no one here is even making an argument about realism. I'm basically hearing, "Black people are more scary." which is really fucking disturbing, even for an internet forum.

I think it's more that the original trailers made such an impact, and now the game looks like an attempt at cooling controversy. Personally, I'd find a group of all white people charging at me scarier than a mixed group, same for blacks or any other ethnicities. When the odd person stands out it distracts from the impact of the image, if that makes any sense. I see this game now and it's like "yep, you got all those ethnicities in, nobody is gonna get sued".

Not taking away from how holyshitawesome it looks, but I can understand why it's an issue for people.

Niks

Amazing! This game cant come soon enough!

SO let me check, we now have asians, hispanics, blacks... Cris is american isnt he???

Uh oh... Americans killing the rest of the world bitching commencing in 3.. 2... 1...
:lol

but seriously this game is looking awesome!

SumGamer

Seems like CAPCOM is being more careful with what they release. I can not see two identical characters(with same clothes and such) on the same screen any more. Good job CAPCOM. I'm really interested in trying out the demo.

Top Bottom