• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 new screens

dark_chris

Gold Member
Brianemone said:
That's not Stalin or Saddam, it's a Zombie Mario

residentmario.jpg
:lol :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
SapientWolf said:
Some parts of Africa are pretty diverse:

But no one here is even making an argument about realism. I'm basically hearing, "Black people are more scary." which is really fucking disturbing, even for an internet forum.

Truth. At this point, its getting really sad.

SapientWolf said:
Some parts of Africa are pretty diverse:

But no one here is even making an argument about realism. I'm basically hearing, "Black people are more scary." which is really fucking disturbing, even for an internet forum.

bu... bu.. but it's not meant to be racist!11! Lay off 'em.

JDSN

Banned
First people whine about racism and now they comment about white people not really living in Africa, the stupidity is really covering both ends of the spectrum isnt it?

didnt feel like reading the other pages but the world recored for RE4 is under 1:50 clear time its around 1 hour 48 minutes. RE have always been exellent speed running games. hell they encouraged it with earlier ones by having to complete the remake in under 3 hours to get the rocket launcher.

Shinz Kicker said:
didnt feel like reading the other pages but the world recored for RE4 is under 1:50 clear time its around 1 hour 48 minutes.

Holy shit!

I'm still getting a real RE4 in HD vibe here, but i guess when considering how awesome RE4 was, it's not such a bad thing. But RE4 felt so fresh and new at the time - that element doesn't seem to be making an appearance with RE5.

_Alkaline_ said:
Holy shit!

I'm still getting a real RE4 in HD vibe here, but i guess when considering how awesome RE4 was, it's not such a bad thing. But RE4 felt so fresh and new at the time - that element doesn't seem to be making an appearance with RE5.

Um, it's daylight out, for one.

zoukka

TheGreatDave said:
I think it's more that the original trailers made such an impact, and now the game looks like an attempt at cooling controversy. Personally, I'd find a group of all white people charging at me scarier than a mixed group, same for blacks or any other ethnicities. When the odd person stands out it distracts from the impact of the image, if that makes any sense. I see this game now and it's like "yep, you got all those ethnicities in, nobody is gonna get sued".

Not taking away from how holyshitawesome it looks, but I can understand why it's an issue for people.

You've got a good point there. The first trailer was definately the most scary and these screens aren't creepy at all. Visually fantastic, but I guess whe need the chainsaw guy around for kicks!

Or the night.

kylej

Banned
Capcom should change the title from RE5 to "Resident Evil: Yeah GAF, you can shoot black people in this game".

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
_Alkaline_ said:
Holy shit!

DAMN YOU PLAYED THE GAME!?

Holy shit how is it?

Malik

Banned
Woah the Japanese trailer is different, I just noticed now.

Just added gameplay, and some different locations, basically what the TC posted with the images.

HK-47 said:
DAMN YOU PLAYED THE GAME!?

Holy shit how is it?

I said it doesn't seem. That doesn't mean I've played the game. It's just that, from what I've seen so far, very little looks new and fresh.

Christ, I'm buying the game day one. It's just that it seems very copy-and-paste right now - animations, enemies (chainsaw man, crossbows, las plagas), a village, etc. I just want to see some stuff that makes me go "wow, i haven't seen this before".

I'm hoping Capcom are holding back information and footage on all kinds of new elements we haven't seen in the RE franchise before.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
_Alkaline_ said:
I said it doesn't seem. That doesn't mean I've played the game. It's just that, from what I've seen so far, very little looks new and fresh.

Christ, I'm buying the game day one. It's just that it seems very copy-and-paste right now - animations, enemies (chainsaw man, crossbows, las plagas), a village, etc. I just want to see some stuff that makes me go "wow, i haven't seen this before".

It isnt the las plagus.

Also new and fresh it doesnt not need to be. The battle system from RE4 is in one game. Lets not go crying for a revolution at the wrong game

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
_Alkaline_ said:
You know what I mean. It looks very similar.

And 0-CV all use zombies...and that just an example within the franchise. Couldnt it possibly be RELATED to las plagas as part of the storyline?

Malik

Banned

Lol, all that from a 2 min trailer?

Those arn't las plagues, theres also NEW gameplay eliments YET to be shown, Wait untill E3.

Besides its a sequal, who would dramatically change a sequal from a game (RE4) which was one of the best games last gen?

The gameplay at the time was labelled UNIQUE.

Look at Halo 3 and many other sequals, they barely change from there previous installments. Its nothing to get sore over.

Also, if you've seen the trailer, theres a new AXE weilding maniac that plays a big role in the game.

Also look forward to the Cover system, realtime weapons change (might be changed) and many new added melee's, weapons, etc...you've barley seen anything regarding the game..so reserve judgement.

HK-47 said:
And 0-CV all use zombies...and that just an example within the franchise. Couldnt it possibly be RELATED to las plagas as part of the storyline?

It seems like you think im hating on RE5. Im not. RE4 is one of my favourite games of all time and I think RE5 should be just as awesome.

But, I've seen a lot of people say "looks just like RE4 in HD! Can't wait!". That's not to say this is the wrong stance to have - after all, RE4 kicked ass and to have a similar experience all over again would be great. But if RE5 doesn't advance the series enough and innovate in enough areas, then mostly like some, if not many gamers will feel like they've done all this before.

From everything i've seen so far, it seems too much like RE4. That said, I'm sure that we've seen barely anything of what the game contains so far. I'm hopeful (and assured) there will be a lot of fresh surprises in store for us.

Malik

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:
It seems like you think im hating on RE5. Im not. RE4 is one of my favourite games of all time and I think RE5 should be just as awesome.

But, I've seen a lot of people say "looks just like RE4 in HD! Can't wait!". That's not to say this is the wrong stance to have - after all, RE4 kicked ass and to have a similar experience all over again would be great. But if RE5 doesn't advance the series enough and innovate in enough areas, then mostly like some, if not many gamers will feel like they've done all this before.

From everything i've seen so far, it seems too much like RE4. That said, I'm sure that we've seen barely anything of what the game contains so far. I'm hopeful (and assured) there will be a lot of fresh surprises in store for us.

Lol, if you think that, then why bother complaining, in the first place...you obviously know, not much as been shown. you basically answered your own question.

Like i said, reserve judgement. E3 will be showing off the NEW never b4 seen eliments in RE5.

If you've followed up with the dev interiews, you would know Capcom while keeping things similar (since MANY loved the change) will be adding there own unique touches in RE5.

Malik said:
Lol, if you think that, then why bother complaining, in the first place...you obviously know, not much as been shown. you basically answered your own question.

Like i said, reserve judgement. E3 will be showing off the NEW never b4 seen eliments in RE5.

If you've followed up with the dev interiews, you would know Capcom while keeping things similar (since MANY loved the change) will be adding there own unique touches in RE5.

All i complained about was that all the media so far looks too similar to RE4. I'm looking forward to E3 and seeing all the new mechanics that Capcom have promised us.

zoukka

Dude after the revolution of what is RE4, you really can't expect another leap of the same caliber.

After I finished RE4 for the first time I just chanted to myself, that they need to make a new game for GC with the same engine :b

Malik

Banned
zoukka said:
Dude after the revolution of what is RE4, you really can't expect another leap of the same caliber.

After I finished RE4 for the first time I just chanted to myself, that they need to make a new game for GC with the same engine :b

BINGO.

That's what i'm trying to say. RE4 to begin with was a MAJOR change and a revolution for the series after the same OLD same old with the previous titles, so expecting another huge change for a sequal, can't be done...hell, what game ever did that?

Since Many loved the change and the unique gameplay/camera system, why would capcom change that with 5, that goes with the some enemies, chainsaw dude, button events, etc.

Salazar

SumGamer said:
Seems like CAPCOM is being more careful with what they release. I can not see two identical characters(with same clothes and such) on the same screen any more. Good job CAPCOM. I'm really interested in trying out the demo.

When you put their name in caps it sounds like you're calling out another developer.

Malik said:
BINGO.

That's what i'm trying to say. RE4 to begin with was a MAJOR change and a revolution for the series after the same OLD same old with the previous titles, so expecting another huge change for a sequal, can't be done...hell, what game ever did that?

Since Many loved the change and the unique gameplay/camera system, why would capcom change that with 5, that goes with the some enemies, chainsaw dude, button events, etc.

It's not that i expect a major gameplay change. I love the new mechanics RE4 brought to the series, and i don't want them to be changed for this installment.

It's more the little things. Similar enemies. Similar village. Similar animations. And so on. It just makes me feel like i've seen it before. That's why im really looking forward to seeing new stuff that I haven't seen previously in RE games.

zoukka

_Alkaline_ said:
It's more the little things. Similar enemies. Similar village. Similar animations. And so on. It just makes me feel like i've seen it before. That's why im really looking forward to seeing new stuff that I haven't seen previously in RE games.

That's understandable, but remember the variety of RE4? The village was only one small section of the game. I think it's the same thing here.

zoukka said:
That's understandable, but remember the variety of RE4? The village was only one small section of the game. I think it's the same thing here.

That's what I'm hoping. RE4 had new surprises around every corner, always keeping you on your toes. I can't wait to see what kind of stuff RE5 offers.

Draft said:
OK.

You know.

I couldn't possibly be more excited for any other game. Just couldn't do it.

But seriously?

e2311bef577b6e31a6407761fa9b426820080606001537.jpg

More crossbows? I mean SERIOUSLY? Do they dig these things up with the Las Plagas or what?

Guess they give out both crossbows and pitch forks! Theres one barely visible in the screenshot! :lol

bdouble

I love it. I always knew this game was going to look good but dang. I wonder if it will come to the PC any day. I'd almost wait because the way Capcom is treating its ports its almost worth it.

I hope they keep the minimal hud and real time weapon switching though. Looks great and I don't want to be in menus all the time.

zoukka

Saya said:
It was mentioned in a preview. I believe it was a preview by Eurogamer.

Nice. I hope the animation isn't too fast so there's some tactics involved. And it would be great to empty your gun and change it right away for second. And if that's empty too then you're fucked :b

Dot50Cal

Banned
Malik said:
They aren't new screens, they are from the Japanese Version of the RE5 trailer, now available for download on PSN (JP)

Or you can download it from here:

*hotlink*
Thanks for that hotlink, ass. You cost me $346 in overage charges.

If anyone is curious, the trailer is available on the Japanese PSN. It cuts out the scenes with bloodshed or Parasite's and replaces it with new footage thats in those screens in the OP.

def sim

Just downloaded the trailer on XBL and watched it. Capcom is really pushing their proprietary engine with this game.

Looks way better than DMC4 or Lost Planet.

Malik

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
Thanks for that hotlink, ass. You cost me $346 in overage charges.

If anyone is curious, the trailer is available on the Japanese PSN. It cuts out the scenes with bloodshed or Parasite's and replaces it with new footage thats in those screens in the OP.

Lol WHAT?

Btw, i just said the Trailer was available on PSN (jap) Can't read?

Top Bottom