• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 New trailer - IT IS HERE

That was cool, but I'm really hoping that the game has some classic Resident Evil moments/environments. You know what I'm talking about. Corridors. Dark, foreboding, Gothic architecture. A black/dark-blue/crimson color palette. And then maybe a totally sterile laboratory section.

This desert stuff is cool, but I'm hoping that we do see the classic RE style pop up from time to time.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Theres been a major screw-up by Capcom, They've uploaded the pre-release wallpapers with text displayed over them explaining how to photoshop them to look better. It reveals the new female characters name to be "Slera" and a new black male characters name to be "Josh".

eso76

very impressive, some of the best graphics i've seen this gen.
but like the above poster i'm not too convinced about the african setting.
I wasn't about the spanish village in re4 either at first, but i didn't imagine it could develop into gothic architectures, castles, mansions etc. i don't see how africa could though.

Oh and they could have gave the african girl partner an actual african accent., or maybe even a south african/british accent...sheesh..

looks like i need some napkins to clean up this baby oil...
Revelations said:
Oh and they could have gave the african girl partner an actual african accent., or maybe even a south african/british accent...sheesh..
maybe she's american!

Deepblue

Banned
The awesome guns in this trailer remind me, I need a game to fulfill my gun-fetish needs. I tried Vegas 2 and it's not quite there still.

Revelations said:
True that...but the african beads and the bands around her arms and neck give it away though...
yeah, that's not really all that uncommon... though i'd proably bet capcom wasn't too worried about getting the best VA...

omg rite said:
Anyone else a little disappointed it looks like the only playable character is Chris? (Taking over a someone else for a small part later doesn't count.)
Not at all. Chris is a fucking machine. Personally, I'm rather excited to pound the shit out of things with him.

U K Narayan said:
Not at all. Chris is a fucking machine. Personally, I'm rather excited to pound the shit out of things with him.

It looks like you should be able to play through the entire game where you just punch the shit out of people.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
keyrat said:
1488d1.jpg
She reminds me of Rosario Dawson.

meme-rosario.jpg

Either those melee attack animations are purposely over the top or Chris has been injected/chose to inject himself with something that makes him much stronger.

Capcom should be ashamed of themselves for purposely adding white zombies (if that's the case). As someone said, it ruins immersion and caters toward the ignorant, knee jerk fucks that were complaining.

Aggelos

Dot50Cal said:
Theres been a major screw-up by Capcom, They've uploaded the pre-release wallpapers with text displayed over them explaining how to photoshop them to look better. It reveals the new female characters name to be "Slera" and a new black male characters name to be "Josh".

Ya dude what a blunder.........
s300_800x600_ENG.jpg

Absinthe said:
Capcom should be ashamed of themselves for purposely adding white zombies (if that's the case). As someone said, it ruins immersion and caters toward the ignorant, knee jerk fucks that were complaining.

140ar6r.jpg

BigBoss

SolidSnakex said:
zjyp2v.gif

Why even use guns when you can do that?

In RE4 you could only do melee moves after you stunned an enemy, I doubt you'll be able to pull off that move whenever you want.

the game looks awesome, but the only thing I am worried about is that the rumor that it uses God Hand dodging is fake considering you never see him use it in this video.

Foil

Nuclear Muffin said:
Looks amazing, but I'm still worried that there might actually be too many enemies to fight at once. I don't see how it's possible to keep up with all these enemies with the old analog stick aiming!

Also, it doesn't seem to show any really new gameplay that wasn't done in RE4 :(

Seems to me that in some of those areas with mass amounts of enemies you aren't suppose to kill them all. Just get away and past them, taking out enough to get through. That sure as hell is a lot scarier than just killing the few guys in the area, then walking around without fear.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be just fine with our "old analog stick aiming".

Jirotrom

Im not gonna lie... I find it humorous as to how capcom has remedied the "race" issue. I called it with my friends, they were going to have a black lead in the game as well, but I didn't think they would add blondes and asians into the zombie mix.

Top Bottom