• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 New trailer - IT IS HERE

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...could just be lighting, but when you're getting the "eye" flashes, right after the chainsaw part, it doesn't look like the new girl (whose voice I find myself disliking already) that much....

And that Jill comment at the end...goddamn, if she's a totally seperate single player campaign, that'd be a megaton.

She'd have to know seven different forms of martial arts though, seeing as how Chris has beefed up so much.

All in all, it does look like more of the same, but as long as they can keep the weapon/health/fun factor balance in there, I won't have any problems.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
raYne said:
I'll buy it at a high price.

2z4lms403d77.gif

GrayFoxPL

keyrat said:

Damn! She looks exactly like our weather girl - Omenaa Mensah!

ann5b.jpg

omenaa_mensah_2.jpg

omenaa_mensah_rafal_maserak.jpg

Omenaa_Mensah_Karolina_1773662.jpg

If she'd just stop smiling for a second, she'd look exactly the same.

Oh and awesome trailer! But it's still bit of shame that RE4 turned the hardcore survival horror series into an action game. More people like it, but..eh. Still, can't wait for the game!

Damn it all! I want to see this so bad, but I'm at work! :mad:

Those GIFs are amazing. Judging from one of the still shots, it would seem that we're going to be dealing with something other than Plagas. I also thought it was confirmed in an interview awhile back that we would be dealing with something different?

camineet

Banned
That was impressive. 2009 is so far away.

LOOK AT ALL THOSE MUTHAFUKAS coming at you in the tunnel.

The bridge blowing up scene was fuck awesome.

WELCOME TO AFRICA!

Ploid 3.0

OMG I stopped playing resident evil games after I forced my way through RE:CV, but now I'm thinking about getting RE4 and RE5 when it hits.. wow awesome trailer. Also with these things looking less human, I no longer feel odd about shooting the black villagers.

raYne said:
There's more than one type. Check out the cave scene where the one on the right busts out a huge parasite that looks similar to the Plagas, but larger.
:[

I'm at work. Can't watch it - unless someone wants to hit me with a .wmv Rapidshare link, or something.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Looks good.

Anyone else a little disappointed it looks like the only playable character is Chris? (Taking over a someone else for a small part later doesn't count.)

I miss the 2 character, one male, one female aspect of RE.

chriskun

Ploid 3.0 said:
OMG I stopped playing resident evil games after I forced my way through RE:CV, but now I'm thinking about getting RE4 and RE5 when it hits.. wow awesome trailer. Also with these things looking less human, I no longer feel odd about shooting the black villagers.

Don't worry, they have added the black character to make things easier for white people who only feel comfortable with black people killing black people. Anyways, this looks fucking awesome. I like how people are complaining about the similarities to RE4. This is the first major gameplay trailer, I'm surprised that they showed as much as they did.

god damn Im impressed......this is easily one of the best looking next gen games...

DMC4 look good good and all, but why does this look so much better???

raYne

SnakeXs said:
Talk about a warm welcoming. :'(

It's been like over a week, too!

Guess they haven't seen me yet. :lol
I'll keep track on my calender. Or better yet, stopwatch? :lol

MCD

nelsonroyale said:
god damn Im impressed......this is easily one of the best looking next gen games...

30 fps?

squicken

jeez get a room.

game looks really nice. but i just can't play a 3rd person shooter that doesn't have regular left stick/right stick controls. using face buttons to shoot is moronic

nelsonroyale said:

I'm going to guess that 30fps and the the adjustments to the contrast (Anyone who has used PGR4 photo mode will know dropping the contrast levels helps produce brilliant shots).

Capcom are sitting one one hum-dinger of an engine this generation.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What intrigued me most about this trailer was the amount of enemies on screen and what it will mean for gameplay. Maybe escape will have priority over clearing an area? I mean in some of those areas I just can't imagine killing everything

Morue

After watching this trailer, I must say I'm both divided and disappointed... Disappointed because there were no blond people (Sherry and Wesker...). And divided because I loved Resident Evil 4 and RE5 seems to follow the same path than its predecessor. But on the other hand, I really deplore the lack of innovation (crazed villagers, another chainsaw guy, some sort of parasite coming from the mouth, and I'm not talking about the animations that are practically the same as in RE4).

I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun but I'm a little sad about Capcom's laziness...

I agree about the girl's hotness. And about the white ennemies, I don't know if Capcom put them in because of the racism polemic but I get the feeling that the color of their skin is the result of the parasite/virus/whatever it is influence (I mean, look at the guys just after the "put the damn thing in the mouth" scene... )

Nice gifs by the way...

Danielsan

Fantastic trailer. The game looks stunning to say the least. My only problem is that I'm afraid it will just be RE4 with a new coat of paint. Then again, even if it is I would still love it to pieces.

jax (old)

Banned
trailer didn't blow me away but I loved RE4 to death so I expect more of the same. Wasn't too sure about the face/parasite explosion/eating look - almost feel as though they implemented that to make it look less like you're only killing black people.

Day 1 on this title though. Make it good capcom

and also, make DEAD RISING 2 please!

gconsole

acm2000 said:
well that was disappointing... too much old footage, not enough interesting new footage, bah

Only 10 second of old footage out of the whole 2 minutes is too much? You must expect to see everything new.

Looks amazing, but I'm still worried that there might actually be too many enemies to fight at once. I don't see how it's possible to keep up with all these enemies with the old analog stick aiming!

Also, it doesn't seem to show any really new gameplay that wasn't done in RE4 :(

Top Bottom