• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 New trailer - IT IS HERE

SolidSnakex said:
j9rqdw.gif

I don't care what people say about the contrive premise of exploding barrels laying about in many games, exploding barrels in videogames are a beautiful thing. :O

harSon

Banned
Gokurakumaru said:
This. My hype has massively dropped after this trailer. Even an RE4 rehash will be fun, but it doesn't even look like evolution let alone revolution. Guess I'll have to rely on MGS4 for that.

That would be a negative if any recent games had dethroned Resident Evil 4 as one of the best third person action games of all times.

Flakster99

It looks utterly gorgeous, outside of that, I'm not impressed. Standard firefight, retreading game-play, no co-op or new mechanics shown - bare bones trailer imo.

RE5 is one of the reasons why I own a 360, and I am excited for another sweet RE experience, so I hope we get to see a more completed version of RE5 at E3.

voltron

Speevy said:
Because Capcom has never even aimed at Christmas.

What do you mean "never even aimed at christmas"? You mean they never even considered this xmas as a possibility of you mean they never ever considered a xmas release for any of their games?

Pojo

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
I don't care what people say about the contrive premise of exploding barrels laying about in many games, exploding barrels in videogames are a beautiful thing. :O
That barrel is filled with enriched uranium, though. Calling it an "exploding barrel" is dramatically understating the sheer destruction I am witnessing in that gif.

Gokurakumaru said:
This. My hype has massively dropped after this trailer. Even an RE4 rehash will be fun, but it doesn't even look like evolution let alone revolution. Guess I'll have to rely on MGS4 for that.
Pretty much, though I didn't have much hype for it before either. But hey, co-op? I'm there.

Speevy

Banned
voltron said:
What do you mean "never even aimed at christmas"? You mean they never even considered this xmas as a possibility of you mean they never ever considered a xmas release for any of their games?

I mean they're not giving this game a release date of Holiday 08. With Resident Evil 4, they aimed for the holiday of 04, missed it, and it came out in January 05.

I REALLY don't think this is coming out in 08.

harSon said:
That would be a negative if any recent games had dethroned Resident Evil 4 as one of the best third person action games of all times.

I agree 100% here. What are people expecting -- for the guy to be lifting up and throwing buildings?

Even though there might actually be a possibility that he is capable of such.

harSon said:

Seriously :lol

I mean people act like all Re4 had was was chainsaw guys and a handful of ganados. By the end of the game you'd count yourself lucky if that was the only shit you had on your plate.

From what I see of Re5, even the most basic moments of the game are filled with a fucking horde of these bastards. I can hardly imagine what other beasties Capcom has in store for us.

elcapitan

Thats just the normal enemies. Can't imagine what Capcom got in store for us in terms of the bosses. I can't even imagine it.

With all those swarming enemies, I can't imagine a cover system being of too much use at all.

SolidSnakex said:
Looking at the way Chris is built in this game, that's still not out of the realm of possibility.

:lol :lol

That's why I was careful to leave myself some wiggle room. I'm learning a lot from politicians.

So later on I can say. I never said he wasn't capable of throwing buildings!

Only thing I'm worried about, is when Chris is shooting the assault rifle across in a sweep, and when he's shooting into the crowd below him, you can see in the first instance, a guy grab his shoulder (near chris' right) and in the second one, a guy grab his knee, using the same RE4 animations.

I really hope those are placeholder.

keyrat

If you're really going to be taking out crowds of zombies like that they better have a couple more bullets available than in the previous games.

I know it would screw with the tried and true gameplay, but i would like to see an RE game where the enemies are abundant and you just have copious amounts of ammo. the challenge would be more focused on not getting hit as opposed to effective bullet usage.

Pojo

Banned
Blablurn said:
I don't know why but somehow it didn't really "catch" me. I just don't feel the love at the moment..

:|
It's not so much this trailer (lets face it, it doesn't show much), but the fact that we've all played RE4 and just want to dive into this game right now. It's glorious. The explosions! the carnage! the absolutely brutal combat! No game captured "it" as well as RE4, and RE5 looks like it will do the same.

NotWii

Banned
Anyone else think the animations in this video look kinda crap?
They don't have 'weight' like RE4 and the last trailer

Apart from that, LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME!

Milabrega

keyrat said:
If you're really going to be taking out crowds of zombies like that they better have a couple more bullets available than in the previous games.

I know it would screw with the tried and true gameplay, but i would like to see an RE game where the enemies are abundant and you just have copious amounts of ammo. the challenge would be more focused on not getting hit as opposed to effective bullet usage.

Mercenary Mode?

Top Bottom