• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Were people honestly expecting RE to go back to its "horror" roots when RE4/5 are the most successful games commercially since RE2? Lol... Capcom isn't going to take that risk anymore that's why they made RE:R. It allows them to provide that classic RE experience with a modern twist but without the number attached. I personally can't wait to play that, but also this too.

Leon and Ada <3

It's pretty underrated, it was much better than RE3, and it's easily accessible now with the PS360 ports.

I disagree that it's better than RE3 (took some stepbacks IMO) but it's a really good game sure.

confuziz

Banned
RE6 needs to be completely different from RE5 to get a purchase out of me. And I'm mainly talking about the horrible story, setting and controls. Oh the damn controls..

AshMcCool

Who knows. Personally I'm hoping for;

Main Campaign: Single-Player,
Raid Mode: Co-op.

That's how it is in Revelations, which seems to be the best approach to me. Somehow, I don't get the feeling that this will be the case, though. Leon has an AI partner too, BTW.

Ok. But at 2:50 leons seems to be alone(he makes a full turn, so you see the whole area).

Teknoman

RE6 needs to be completely different from RE5 to get a purchase out of me. And I'm mainly talking about the horrible story, setting and controls. Oh the damn controls..

Did you prefer any of the past configs, because if not...I strongly doubt thats changing here.

StuBurns

Banned
If you had a specific control scheme in RE5 (maybe D? It's been too long), it controls more or less like a modern TPS besides the anchoring when aiming. It puts the left stick to horizontal strafing and puts turning only on the right stick.

Teknoman

Well yeah, pretty much any RE, with the highlight being RE 4 Wii edition. Maybe I became too spoiled because of that one..

If thats the case, it'll probably be move compatible (if you have a PS3) from the start. At least i'd hope so after what they did with RE5 gold. Honestly with any RE game post 4 that features that style of gameplay, I just change the controls to whatever set is as close to 4 as possible.

RE6 segment on the stream now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ハギトコ-...tter.com&utm_source=4764198&utm_medium=social

sleepykyo

Walk and shoot has been added in 3ds Mercenaries, so I'd expect it to control more like Dead Space than RE5.

Gomu Gomu

gnhUI.png

Secret?

Btw... I always thought that Claire will have the lead in RE6, because she didn't lead any RE game since CV and that is more than a decade ago.

and also... I'm feeling a little annoyed with all the Vanquish \ Gears of War moves in the trailer, I thought that Capcom was aiming to take the series back to the roots again with the next RE game.... but all I see is making it even more generic action :\

Anyway... anything is better than RE5.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is Helena the girl in the first segment of the clip when they killed the president guy?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So this is the reason why they took the 'action' route with the game. RE5 is the best selling RE game.

Capcom UK's head of marketing, Dave Turner, pointed out to MCV ahead of the Resident Evil 6 reveal that action-focused Resident Evil 5 is in fact the series' biggest seller, and even revealed aspirations to attract Call of Duty players.

Asked why the series has taken a more action-focussed stance - specifically with Operation Raccoon City - Turner said:

"We've seen the popularity of Resident Evil increase massively as the series became more action oriented - Resident Evil 5 is the biggest seller in the series. So, it makes sense for us to follow this action area more fully."

He added of Operation Raccoon City: "The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying these fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil."

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...e-dream-says-capcom-action-route-makes-sense/

S1kkZ

He's got to be one of the Wesker children. No one else could jump around like that / has special blood that could handle the virus...right?

yes and aley was working on a "immortality" serum for spencer but he then betrayed spencer and went missing.

Carbonox

So Resident Evil 6 is a prequel if they're reiterating it? God fucking damn it Capcom. This game has all the makings of a sequel, not a fucking prequel that makes zero sense when followed by Resident Evil 5.

Unless they go and retcon Resident Evil 5's place in the timeline.

Or it's just that they're completely fucking retarded and don't realise the stupidity they're spewing about it.

yes I like my RE timeline :p

I really like the trailer, and I got the impression that they tried to give a more survival horror feel with Leons scenario while Chris was more about dude bro action. The new mercenary character seems badass (Hunk? or related to Wesker), but not fond of them returning Ashley as it should have been Sherry Birkin.

SkylineRKR

RE6 takes place a year before RE5 so I'm guessing its between LiN and RE5.

If they retcon RE5, it would be awesome if its story turns out to be a simulation to create the perfect BSAA soldier or something like that.

Carbonox

RE6 takes place a year before RE5 so I'm guessing its between LiN and RE5.

If they retcon RE5, it would be awesome if its story turns out to be a simulation to create the perfect BSAA soldier or something like that.

Yeah, LiN is set in 2006. This means that Resident Evil 6 won't have Jill and uh...could actually have Albert Wesker returning as well?

Fuck sake Capcom :lol

Resident Evil always had a really good timeline... are they planning to ruin that too?

I will wait and see.

They really need to make one storyline for the series and stick with it, like the first three games and CV.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I know RE6 is looking to be "too action-ey" but damn if I'm not getting excited over it!

So, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, RE6 and Darksiders 2 are slowly shaping up my game purchases for 2012.

If given a choice, should the game stick to RE5 aiming or make it seem more like Gears of War 3. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees the Gears of War influence in that trailer.

SkylineRKR

Yeah, LiN is set in 2006. This means that Resident Evil 6 won't have Jill and uh...could actually have Albert Wesker returning as well?

Fuck sake Capcom :lol

They track one of the children via Lost in Nightmares, that is assuming skinhead merc is indeed Alex Wesker.

Albert Wesker and Jill are presumed dead during those days, they don't show up until 2009 anyway.

They're trying to dodge RE5's campaign I think. They don't have to bring Sheva back also.

StuBurns

Banned
The roadie run (which is, and has always been moronic) is in there, but the combat reminded much more of Vanquish than Gears, although we saw very little really.

I know RE6 is looking to be "too action-ey" but damn if I'm not getting excited over it!

So, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, RE6 and Darksiders 2 are slowly shaping up my game purchases for 2012.

If given a choice, should the game stick to RE5 aiming or make it seem more like Gears of War 3. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who sees the Gears of War influence in that trailer.

Haha the sliding into cover part made pop gears 3 in my head.
Maybe i should get RE5 for the pc.

Top Bottom