• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Teknoman

I'm pretty sure baldy is a bio terrorist and Ash is only sticking with him for his blood, which is of course the only known cure.

While I'm expressing theories, Leon's partner is a bio-terrorist as well, from the same group. She triggers the virus, deeply regrets it, teams up with Leon, Chris wants to kill her etc etc.

Probably since there really isnt any other woman i'd think he would be that pissed off at. Would lead to some standard RE twist moments.

If the trailer is anything to go by, I'll be playing the Leon campaign first. Seems to be the one most like RE 1 and 2... a little more horror themed. And Chris' last going by the awesome dialogue with the other soldier.

I hope you are right because Leon's stuff looks really interesting to me.

Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

It wasnt in the press, but what IGN wrote, so hopefully they're right. Actually reading that reminds me I still need to go through RE2 Claire and REmake Jill.

No Merchant, no buy :p

Possibly my favourite things about RE4 were the intricacies, most of which were found seferely lacking in RE5. Genuinely zany characters with memorable quotes, fun unlockables, good economy systems, the slightly controversial but in my opinion brilliant inventory system, treasure maps, challenges inside the story, treasures and areas which required AI partners to access, upgrade system, genuine tension.

It was cheesier than a Fremchman's smegma, but by jingo it all came together to form one of the greatest games of all time. RE5 was a complete damp squid

the_it_crowd_roy.jpg

I don't want it to basically be a remake of RE4, but it really has to be a lot closer to it than it is to RE5 for me to give a damn come release time

Damn, the trailer has a lot of action.

I'm fine with that though. The main reason why RE4 is my GOAT is that the game is essentially a 15-hour series of masterful combat encounters tied together by the best economy and upgrade system in any action game. The horror stuff is only window dressing for me.

Squire

Banned
Probably since there really isnt any other woman i'd think he would be that pissed off at. Would lead to some standard RE twist moments.

Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.

It wasnt in the press, but what IGN wrote, so hopefully they're right. Actually reading that reminds me I still need to go through RE2 Claire and REmake Jill.

I feel extremely safe assuming all that is true to a fault. That "leak" was an indirect exclusive deal for IGN and I'm not one to engage in conspiracy theories. It just felt waaaay to calculated.

Vamphuntr

Still can't believe that enemies have assault rifles and that you blow shit up with a tank in an RE game. I won't even mention the part where someone is jumping on a plane or punching monsters into submission. Maybe it's time to let the series die after this one.

I would make a joke about how the next game would be a squad shooter but it already exists as Operation Racoon city.

Darkrider

I hate to be skeptical but this looks like Gears of Resident Evil to me. Not really what I am looking for in an RE game... and I love RE4.

I'm pretty sure baldy is a bio terrorist and Ash is only sticking with him for his blood, which is of course the only known cure.

While I'm expressing theories, Leon's partner is a bio-terrorist as well, from the same group. She triggers the virus, deeply regrets it, teams up with Leon, Chris wants to kill her etc etc.

I kinda doubt he's a terrorist since he says he's a mercenary and specifically talks about how much the mission wil cost and that BoWs were extra and then he also mentions that he will give his blood if someone gives him enough money. He's not a good or bad guy in this situation, he's just in it for the money.

I don't think the lady is a bio-terrorist so much as she's a scientist although you might be right. She also kind of resembles Manuela.

Also I'm suprised no one's really mentioned Hunnigan returning since people seemed to like her in RE4. I was rather indifferent to her though.

I feel extremely safe assuming all that is true to a fault. That "leak" was an indirect exclusive deal for IGN and I'm not one to engage in conspiracy theories. It just felt waaaay to calculated.

Kotaku ran their story before IGN though and they had similar and somewhat different information. However, IGN's info is a lot more specific.

Squire

Banned
I kinda doubt he's a terrorist since he says he's a mercenary and specifically talks about how much the mission wil cost and that BoWs were extra and then he also mentions that he will give his blood if someone gives him enough money. He's not a good or bad guy in this situation, he's just in it for the money.

I don't think the lady is a bio-terrorist so much as she's a scientist although you might be right. She also kind of resembles Manuela.

Also I'm suprised no one's really mentioned Hunnigan returning since people seemed to like her in RE4. I was rather indifferent to her though.

Kotaku ran their story before IGN though and they had similar and somewhat different information. However, IGN's info is a lot more specific.

Ah, I see. You bring up good points about baldy. Leon's partner is probably a scientist as well.

I'm glad to see Hunnigan back. I quite like her. Hopefully she's a bit more realized than in RE4/Degeneration.

Game looks to be the definition of 'jack of all trades, master of none.' Capcom literally wants to appeal to every demographic possible, just like Wii U's "wider and deeper" philosophy. But that just makes you generic and not specific.

We'll see...

Cels

do we know for sure that the blond lady in the fur-lined coat is ashley graham, or are people merely speculating?

sublimit

Banned
I remember reading somewhere some time ago that Capcom wanted to return the franchise back to its roots.
But judging by this trailer it's a continuation of 4 and 5 with even more action and shooting.Personally i liked 4 and 5 but i was hoping for a return to Survival horror.I'm kinda disappointed. :/

I remember reading somewhere some time ago that Capcom wanted to return the franchise back to its roots.
But judging by this trailer it's a continuation of 4 and 5 with even more action and shooting.Personally i liked 4 and 5 but i was hoping for a return to Survival horror.I'm kinda disappointed. :/

I also remember reading that they wanted to do another reboot with 6, but I guess that was overruled in favor of 5 part II after it sold well.

not to get into this argument but this betrays a severe ignorance of stereotypical and racially charged imagery (i.e., Spainiards have not been traditionally stereotyped for hundreds of years by western civilization as a whole as mindless savages and evil monks)

also just for reference i don't think re5 is "overtly" racist with any kind of deliberateness or malice but at the same time i feel like a lot of people misinterpret n'gai's original point (about the imagery in a certain RE5 trailer, not the concept of an african setting itself) and also ignore the part where tribesmen get infected with plagas and thus turn "feral" by putting on grass skirts and war paint and start throwing spears
I feel like I have to comment on this even if it is off topic, because I've seen this argument brought up a lot and I think it is just plain garbage. Racism is by its very nature malicious, and if you say RE5 isn't malicious, then the problem lies in your interpretation of the game. It's the same issue that arises when any kind of art form is accused of promoting a controversial issue, and 99 times out of 100, the controversy is because of personal misconceptions or biases.

monome

Chara design is much better than RE5!

Capcom seems to be reusing a lot of what it has developped over this gen.Well done.
I wanted to buy Raccon City but I'm even considering buying Revelations now.
Pumped.

Desiato

I really hope that monster that pulled Chris out of cover is an actual feature of the game. Everytime you take cover, it pulls you out and is all like "THIS AINT GEARS OF WAR BITCH".

But I guess it won't be like that...

Yeef

Racism is by its very nature malicious
This is incorrect. Racism is, literally, having preconceived notions based on race. That's it. It doesn't have to be malicious at all. For example, thinking that Asians are naturally good at math isn't malicious at all, but it's still racist.

Teknoman

Or just support Revelations?

Was going to say this after playing the demo. But Revelations is an even mix apparently, and even then i'm not complaining. 6 seems like its going to have a survival horror segment, action horror, and stealth horror (im just guessing at what to call the third segment since he might be mostly unarmed).

Pretty sure he's going to end up being one of the "Wesker children".

Top Bottom