• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Claymores

Banned
I'am skipping it, demo was frankly awful and I don't like the CODified/Gears direction the series is going which means no money from me.

I may pick it up next summer if there's a games drought but it'll be a second hand copy if I do pick it up.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Mit-

I hate Jill's new voice actor in Revelations (Fujiko and some other animu voice actress). Luckily she does not seem to be in this game.

Is Chris still the same?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
From the Swedish LEVEL magazine

+ 3x longer than the regular action game
+ The environment design is really good; caves, prisons, etc
+ The soundtrack is the best in the series
+ Ridiculously good atmosphere
+ More fluid controls than in previous series

- 3x longer than the regular action game (yes, this is also a negative thing)
- Resident Evil 6 is more quantity over quality
- Uninspiring puzzle-design
- The differences between the three characters isn't as big as Capcom wanted it to be

Jeez at OPM score; those review articles are become a fuck#ng comedy. the demo it's not even close to a 8.

So you have played the final game and can say the final game is the same as the demo? Thus deserving the same score of "not even close to a 8". Ha!

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

omonimo

Banned
So you have played the final game and can say the final game is the same as the demo? Thus deserving the same score of "not even close to a 8". Ha!
Can you remember to me how many games has that better of the demo? It's not matter of fps, or raw graphic what I have seen. If this game will be a 9, max payne 3 should be a 12.

- The differences between the three characters isn't as big as Capcom wanted it to be

That's some big statement.

Also I was sure that the level design would be sub par given the demo.

AlexBasch

wut

Other than that, I would agree. Though puzzles haven't been that...important or relevant in RE since what, 3?

complaining about the OT? how fucking sad and pathetic.

It's pretty lame especially when the OP obviously put a lot of effort and care into it. I really dig the OT because I haven't been following the game at all. After reading through the OT I think I am on board for giving this one a chance as it sounds pretty unique as a RE game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They mentioned that if they would shorten the game and really focus on those parts, it would've been a better game. "Quantity over quality".

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

So... they assigned each voice actor an animal to represent the character they were playing? haha.

Leon was a german shepherd. I must know what the others were...

I hate Jill's new voice actor in Revelations (Fujiko and some other animu voice actress). Luckily she does not seem to be in this game.

Is Chris still the same?

Jill's RE5 VA was so good... I hope they keep her moving forward. I forgot her name, but she did a great job.

Nemesis_

It's pretty lame especially when the OP obviously put a lot of effort and care into it. I really dig the OT because I haven't been following the game at all. After reading through the OT I think I am on board for giving this one a chance as it sounds pretty unique as a RE game.

To be fair I was "ready" for this anyway. NeoGAF never ceases to surprise me. Internet and all.

I do appreciate the comments and praise though guys, I really do. This took me a good three days to put together and I had to do it quite quickly as I am EXTREMELY busy with University and Work as well.

I am so happy most of you like it. :)

Thanks for the details YoshiChan, I've added them to the (third) OP.

Going to bed now, interested to see what reactions will be when I wake up LOL.

def sim

I'll take a chance with this game. Messed up FOV aside, the mercenaries mode might just be a lot of fun with dual analog controls and the quick shot ability.

ironcreed

Banned
Can't state it enough, I'm really looking forward to Agent Hunt Mode. Just another reason to keep you going back and replaying the game. Invading as the enemy and trying to stop people while they are completing the campaign? I mean, come on. A small queue taken from the Souls series, but it fits like a glove.

JdG7S.gif

iqJZT.gif

hY24C.gif

(Gifs shamelessly taken from OP in order to emphasize how badass this is.)

AlexBasch

They mentioned that if they would shorten the game and really focus on those parts, it would've been a better game. "Quantity over quality".
That makes a bit of sense, Dead Space 2 felt a bit dragged towards the end for example. Kinda surprised that they didn't deduct any points for the camera thing.

Hahaha, that swing looks ridiculously classy.

bumpkin

Great job on the OT! I wasn't really impressed with the initial demo and I have been far from a total media black-out, but I'm hoping that the final game doesn't fail to impress. I really didn't enjoy the demo of RE5 at all, but I played the living crap out of that when it was released. Everything I didn't care for went out the window when the sum of all parts came together. Hopefully the same will happen with 6. Good, bad or indifferent, I'm there day one!

Bollocks

Too bad we can't purchase and DL these games a day early... and then on release day DL the unlock key.

Because that would be awesome.

EU preorder version also preloads and unlocks on release day, actually that's how all preorders work :)

Is it just me or is the US store really slacking?
Can you even preorder stuff?

News Bot

Banned
You didn't happen to get the character information from Project Umbrella, did you? :p

Can't wait. Gonna melt into the story like a stick of butter over an open fire.

Yoshichan

Kinda hard to believe that RE6 surpasses that.
Here's a rough translation (I'm horrible at translating things) of what they had to say about the music:

Frantic strings, muffled bass lines and chugging rhythms - without feeling predictable. Resident Evil 6 is as most immerse when your enemies retreat and the player allows to just soak the atmosphere.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
EU preorder version also preloads and unlocks on release day, actually that's how all preorders work :)

Is it just me or is the US store really slacking?
Can you even preorder stuff?

I really don't know. I will be terribly disappointed if we can't.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

So, what's this? Same areas and cutscenes across the 3 campaigns?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I don't think areas and cutscenes are characters. :p

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the gameplay differences between the characters.

Dusk Golem

Yoshichan

Nope; I read previous articles about this game and Capcom told us that the difference (gameplay/control-wise) will be like three completely different games. Neither Leon, Jake or Chris would feel similar. In this case, LEVEL is trying to describe that they're all very similar after all.

I don't think areas and cutscenes are characters. :p

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the gameplay differences between the characters.

I think they mean from a gameplay perspective. The whole horror/action/blend/Metal Gear splits they were going for between the four campaigns.

No, as in they all control similarly. While there are some areas where characters cross paths (4-player moments), they all go to different places and have different campaigns. I think they mean the three campaigns feel more similar than Capcom hoped they would.

Maybe they all play similarly overall... and the campaigns aren't as different in tone as was originally intended?

Nope; I read previous articles about this game and Capcom told us that the difference (gameplay/control-wise) will be like three completely different games. Neither Leon, Jake or Chris would feel similar. In this case, LEVEL is trying to describe that they're all very similar after all.

Well, I think it's makes more sense like you guys pointed out. Just wanted to read this =)

Ein Bear

How exactly do the four campaigns play out? When you complete them all, do you unlock like a "Last Story" or something, which ties everything together? A bit like Sonic Adventure, for lack of a better example?

Tampler

I do appreciate the comments and praise though guys, I really do.

Its well deserved!

I enjoyed the demo, and the announcement of the game is what caused me to play alot of the earlier Resident Evil Games for the first time, so im deffo on board for the game.

ErikB

Banned

I for one am shocked to hear this.

-Stranger-

Won't get this day 1 & will wait for a price drop.
I love RE4 and it's one of my favorite games ever.
I really disliked RE5 though, i can't put my finger on why exactly.

ironcreed

Banned
While the core mechanics are pretty much the same, all the characters feel different enough to me with their individual moves/abilities. Was actually one of the things to jump out at me first in the demo. It may not be a tremendous difference, but it is very much there.

Ban Puncher

To reiterate what I said a short time ago in the demo thread; two demo's later and I've cancelled my pre-order. Just not feeling it.

Will wait for the inevitable Gold Edition in 6 months with all the pre-order tat and DLC bullshit tossed in at a cheaper price.

omonimo

Banned
ps3 version will have more details & better fps? Reviewers needs to stop to talk with subjective percetion, I'll bet will be the exactly opposite on DF analysis as ever, MT framework never give the best on ps3 (or can't give the best of ps3).

Top Bottom