• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

Mr_Zombie

I play few rounds of No Mercy daily (it's my current go to game when I need to relax ;)). I'm trying to get S grade on each stage with each character/costume (I just recently realized that's 20 characters x 10 stages = 200 combinations D:). You can add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_Zombie if you want to play.

I just want to add that this game is amazing when it comes to content. Even after about 140 hours of playing it, I still see new counters and/or melee combos every now and then.

Miker

I just played with Dragonlife last night - second time ever playing Mercs with another player, and it was awesome. I'm down for Mercs around 11pm CST each night. Add me at steamcommunity.com/id/mikerrrrr.

Mr_Zombie

I'm trying to get S on every map with each character in No Mercy and I have to say: Mining the Deep is the hardest map on No Mercy. There are so many various enemy types that can either easly stun you (Shrieker, Strelats), knock you down (dogs, Strelats, zombies with magnums, Bloodshots/Witch) or unexpectadly deal a huge amount of damage (zombies with dynamites). And due to the amount of enemies it's easy to get into stun/knock down loop that's hard to interrupt.

Riposte

What do you guys think about making a party of four (or rather, two parties of two) to do campaign crossover stages on No Hope? Seems like it would be pretty easy to set up with the new stage select.

Mr_Zombie

I would be in, because I would really love to see the crossover in action. Although I must admit that I haven't even played a single game on No Hope difficulty >_>

Mr_Zombie

It's hard to find anyone on random, so it's easier to just plan a game on Steam message board or find some friends (or users from GAF :p) who play RE6.

Anyone ever find a consistent way to get SGSSAA working in the game? Just doesn't seem to want to activate via Nvidia inspector and the built-in FXAA is terrible.

Game is also on sale for 12 dollars if you don't have it, but given this in the community hell now I doubt that will be the case :p

BadWolf

Playing this on PC, is there is any way to turn off the upload of records after a mercenary run?

The game randomly gets stuck on the data upload screen for me.

BadWolf

I really wish they will go back to the camera style of 4 and 5.

6 felt clunky somehow, hard to get use to.

Did you adjust the new camera settings that improve the field of view? You have to change them from the title screen, they are not available in game.

The camera seems fine to me.

strafer

Did you adjust the new camera settings that improve the field of few? You have to change them from the title screen, they are not available in game.

The camera seems fine to me.

Will have to check it out.

But wierd that they don't have that in game.

That means I have to start a game to check if it looks okay, then quit, change and then start again.

Oh well. :p

BadWolf

Will have to check it out.

But wierd that they don't have that in game.

That means I have to start a game to check if it looks okay, then quit, change and then start again.

Oh well. :p

This was actually patched in later because people complained that the camera stuck too close to the character and made everything else more difficult to see (which was true).

Its a big improvement. Just go to options and camera settings and there should be three options towards the bottom that allow you to adjust the FOV from 0 to 15. Set all of them to 15.

strafer

This was actually patched in later because people complained that the camera stuck too close to the character and made everything else more difficult to see (which was true).

Its a big improvement. Just go to options and camera settings and there should be three options towards the bottom that allow you to adjust the FOV from 0 to 15. Set all of them to 15.

Holy shit what a difference it made. :D

Weird that they didn't have that from the start tho.

Playing this on PC, is there is any way to turn off the upload of records after a mercenary run?

The game randomly gets stuck on the data upload screen for me.

I don't think you can.

Btw I still play Mercenaries mode so if you want you can add and we can play a game or two (I've sent you a PM).

BadWolf

Holy shit what a difference it made. :D

Weird that they didn't have that from the start tho.

Yeah hehe, I'm just glad they fixed it.

I don't think you can.

Btw I still play Mercenaries mode so if you want you can add and we can play a game or two (I've sent you a PM).

Dang it, really having trouble with the online aspects of this game.

(PM replied to, apologies man but the online isn't working well for me so I've been sticking to single player)

strafer

Replayed Chris and the ending still leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Spoilers

I really liked Piers and seeing sacrifice himself like that. But I really wish they would have turned it around and have Chris gotten infected instead, but I guess Capcom aint ready to kill of him yet.

Poor Chris, everyone dies. :(

People here have said they got SGSSAA working, and at one point I thought I had as well but it's certainly not working. Is there anything that can be done to force it or something else? Downsampling helps somewhat, but even at 3200x1800 it's not close to perfect.

Current, ineffectual settings
irJ834e98iTvG.PNG

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
bump

Anyone know of a way to get alternate costumes in the Campaign? I know there's no official way to do it, but could I possibly move around some files?

Top Bottom