• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

Gyrian

I have never played any PC game on my Mac (natively or through VMware Fusion) so I don't really know about performances and such. I completely forgotten about Boot Camp. I could try it. I have played PlayStation 1 games on PCSXR and it runs fine but it means nothing for this game.

There's a free RE6 Benchmark you can download and try, but ironically it's not very representative of the game (more of a stress test with way, way more enemies on screen than you would ever see in the actual game). If that tells you the game would run properly, or you can stomach the performance you see there, you should be fine. :]

GSR

There's a free RE6 Benchmark you can download and try, but ironically it's not very representative of the game (more of a stress test with way, way more enemies on screen than you would ever see in the actual game). If that tells you the game would run properly, or you can stomach the performance you see there, you should be fine. :]

Yeah, the benchmark is actually pretty unrealistic. I got essentially unplayable results on it when I ran it on my laptop, but the actual game runs about 20-30FPS.

Man, Requiem for War can be such a pain thanks to those damn Ogromans. They absolutely refuse to hit the electrified cords for me! Not quite as high of a score as Gyrian's, but oh well. Maybe I'll try again with a different character tomorrow.

vleUgb1.jpg

I'll give that a try.

I have one more question. About your screenshot.

yXVVzwp.png

216. Where is the name? Is it photoshopped or something?

Gyrian

Man, Requiem for War can be such a pain thanks to those damn Ogromans. They absolutely refuse to hit the electrified cords for me! Not quite as high of a score as Gyrian's, but oh well. Maybe I'll try again with a different character tomorrow.

Nice run! I'm going to try another as well.

One of my favorite Ada-only quirks is very well suited for Ogroman: stick a regular enemy with an explosive bolt, then enjoy a few extra stress free seconds while it blows up and continues the combo on a delay. Because meleeing Ogroman seems to take almost exactly the entire combo window, you're pretty much obligated to kill an enemy in front of his downed form to then jump on him.
With Ada, that's made a little bit easier.

216. Where is the name? Is it photoshopped or something?

Not photoshopped.
I think it's deliberate by that user, or his name uses characters that the RE font can't handle.

Haunted

lategame spoiler:

Ahaha,
Dinosaur Simmons using Devilhjo's (From Monster Hunter) skeletal
model and its animations/moves is some of the most creative reuse of assets I've seen this generation.

Nice run! I'm going to try another as well.

One of my favorite Ada-only quirks is very well suited for Ogroman: stick a regular enemy with an explosive bolt, then enjoy a few extra stress free seconds while it blows up and continues the combo on a delay. Because meleeing Ogroman seems to take almost exactly the entire combo window, you're pretty much obligated to kill an enemy in front of his downed form to then jump on him.
With Ada, that's made a little bit easier.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've found as well. Fortunately, I can either spam a few shotgun shells to kill a nearby enemy, or for the first Ogroman, blast one of the explosive maggots in the legs for even more time. Also, button mashing prompts on PC are super-easy, thankfully.

ArjanN

The Proud Survivor event is live today:

Rule details

-Obtain the highest cumulative score in Survivors mode during the event period (both Team Match and Death Match count)
- No character limits
- No stage limits
-The same rank will be awarded In the event of a tie

Tain

lategame spoiler:

Ahaha,
Dinosaur Simmons using Devilhjo's (From Monster Hunter) skeletal
model and its animations/moves is some of the most creative reuse of assets I've seen this generation.

man, if you aren't right, they are at least very close

ArjanN

The "Agents, Abductors, Chainsaws" online event starts in about 8 hours, participating lets you unlock one of the EX3 skins:

29da7f97bc9fa5413e9f2001d90e8c37.png

Just got an update, which was about 60MB. Don't see any patch notes on steam.

It's this:

Version 1.0.4
----------------------------------------------------------
NEW FEATURES
- Added new options to the session search function
- Improved SLI performance with NVIDIA graphics cards

A number of other issues have also been fixed.

Also the multiplayer Siege Mode is out now as well.

The "Agents, Abductors, Chainsaws" online event starts in about 8 hours, participating lets you unlock one of the EX3 skins:

29da7f97bc9fa5413e9f2001d90e8c37.png

It's this:

Also the multiplayer Siege Mode is out now as well.

While I hate how RE6 turned out, those low poly throwback models are some of the best unlockables in a game this gen.

Alastor

Participate in more EX3 events. Looks like there's about one a month. I think I'll unlock Sherry first, followed by Leon or Ada. Though i do like the new oldschool designs for the newcomers; they look pretty fantastic.

Do I have to buy the DLC to participate, or the base game is all I need?

Do I have to buy the DLC to participate, or the base game is all I need?

None of the three EX3 events I've seen so far required or used any DLC, so only having the base game is fine. Just register a RE.net account and make sure it connects during the game's start-up, and you'll be good to go.

Riposte

While doing the event with a random co-op it put me on amateur for some reason. Way too easy and not very fun like that lol. Such a joke mode.

Something that would be neat to do is organize No Hope crossovers using stage select.

phaze

Leon chapters spoilers. I only played RE4 and RE5
Am I supposed to know who Simonds is ? Or is he a completely new character ?

Mr_Zombie

Leon chapters spoilers. I only played RE4 and RE5
Am I supposed to know who Simonds is ? Or is he a completely new character ?

He's a completely new character. You will learn a little bit more about him in future chapters and other characters' campaigns.

Oh my gooood, this just happened:

I killed the other guy AS I GET KILLED (creature). It was a race between me and the other guy--who was sniping--to kill the downed player. I beat him to it, but not by much; my head was gone in almost the same instant. THAT TIMING. I literally spawned as the timer hit zero and got just enough points for the win. Suffice to say, it felt fucking great.

The other great thing was that I could finally pick stages past Mining the Depths. There's always one person who doesn't have the stages unlocked =/ Every goddamn time.

Hey so is there something wrong with the search function, or is there just absolutley no one on predator and onslaught? It annoys me when there's achievements tied to those modes and NO ONE is on there.

You just have to hop on at the right times and you can find games no problem. Most of the time it feels dead, though.

I'm sitting in a lonely lobby of Survivors if anyone reading wants to join.

antitrop

So I pulled the trigger on this, because I felt like it.

I played through on 360, does this connect with the account I played through the game with on that? RE.net or whatever it was?

K' Dash

I need help, as soon as I started Chris campaign the game crashes at the end of every chapter without saving, and I have to replay the fucking thing again.

Is this a known bug?, is there a way to fix it?

Jawmuncher

You just have to hop on at the right times and you can find games no problem. Most of the time it feels dead, though.

I'm sitting in a lonely lobby of Survivors if anyone reading wants to join.

I've been so busy with work I haven't hopped on the PC at all. Ill try and get some time in this week.

So I pulled the trigger on this, because I felt like it.

I played through on 360, does this connect with the account I played through the game with on that? RE.net or whatever it was?

RE.net account is different for every system.
I have 3 Jawmuncher accounts. Wish you could tie them all together.

I need help, as soon as I stated Chris campaign the game crashes at the end of every chapter without saving, and I have to replay the fucking thing again.

Is this a known bug?, is there a way to fix it?

Never heard of this. But as dumb as it sounds are your drivers updated? I was having a ton of bugs until I realized I had forgotten to update my drivers.

Jawmuncher

As bad as it is to say. The Ada campaign had a spot where a picture of that manner is perfect. I'm sure if I looked on the steam page it would be there.

Anyway how is Siege mode? Still haven't played it. Hell barely been on steam period as of late.

Slightly OT, but I've gone out running with the Survivors theme playing in my iPod for the last few nights, and it's awesomely fitting. I love this track so much. It's honestly one of the main reasons I play the mode.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Oh my gooood, this just happened:

I killed the other guy AS I GET KILLED (creature). It was a race between me and the other guy--who was sniping--to kill the downed player. I beat him to it, but not by much; my head was gone in almost the same instant. THAT TIMING. I literally spawned as the timer hit zero and got just enough points for the win. Suffice to say, it felt fucking great.

The other great thing was that I could finally pick stages past Mining the Depths. There's always one person who doesn't have the stages unlocked =/ Every goddamn time.
Where are your legs?

Sectus

A true bro. Sectus you are truly best, thank you.

I havent been lurking this thread as often anymore so I'm sorry if this has been posted already but this Ada mod is all kinds of awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaWoDd1Xb60

I posted a video of that mod a while back. Same guy also created a nekkid mod for Ada and Helena. Those are the only model mods so far. It's a shame the guy isn't sharing his tools as no one else has figured out how to do model imports.

Haunted

man, if you aren't right, they are at least very close
I am 100% certain of it. This'll sound bad, but I've played so many hundreds of hours of Tri and Ultimate that I am honestly, truly, 100% certain.

Animations and skeletal model, adopted straight.

Fantasmo

Holy balls! This is the coolest game I've ever played! I'm being chased by mr indestructo meat man in Leon campaign #3. His missions are the only ones I've done so far. The cameo (well not really I get how it works) and boss battle right before this, wow!

I'm having so much fun! Why did people say this is bad??!
I just came off Tomb Raider and I was thinking man, that's one helluva reboot, and now I'm playing this. What an awesome couple of weeks!

Jawmuncher

Holy balls! This is the coolest game I've ever played! I'm being chased by mr indestructo meat man in Leon campaign #3. His missions are the only ones I've done so far. The cameo (well not really I get how it works) and boss battle right before this, wow!

I'm having so much fun! Why did people say this is bad??!
I just came off Tomb Raider and I was thinking man, that's one helluva reboot, and now I'm playing this. What an awesome couple of weeks!

Glad you're liking it.
Since this seems to be the safe haven to talk about RE6 I felt most of the negative talk was aimed at what they wanted RE6 to be rather than what it was.

Fantasmo

Glad you're liking it.
Since this seems to be the safe haven to talk about RE6 I felt most of the negative talk was aimed at what they wanted RE6 to be rather than what it was.
Well "they" need to grow up. If Capcom made an action adventure with zombies, no one gets to rate it as a horror game. That'd be like me giving Super Mario Galaxy a 0 because its not chess. Fools.

This is an awesome action adventure game. The melee has gotten more well rounded too which is awesome.

I'm stuck at the boss (I think) of Leons campaign. I have no idea how to take him down at the end here and a train drops on my head. Lovely, haha.

Edit: nevermind, just needed my trusty sniper rifle.

I posted a video of that mod a while back. Same guy also created a nekkid mod for Ada and Helena. Those are the only model mods so far. It's a shame the guy isn't sharing his tools as no one else has figured out how to do model imports.

Ah ok. Come on guy, wherever you are please share your tools. We need a ton more mods for this game.

Fantasmo

How does anyone think this is bad?
After finishing Leon 3, I switched to Chris and I'm finishing 3 up right now, I'm where they intersect.

This is so awesome how can anyone not like this? Its so much fun and so varied and so long!

I'm totally convinced people are stupid, I'm absolutely loving this!

Fantasmo

I'm playing by myself right now actually. Your partner is invincible and has infinite ammo. When you need to split up your partner never fails. I'd play coop with a friend for sure, but most people that joined Leon 1 and 2 were wrecking house so I put myself offline. I didn't want it too easy and I wanted to be able to experience everything for myself first. I'm sure Ill go back online for harder difficulties.

I have to say it again I can't believe I almost missed this. And there's no overacted Wesker to make the whole thing dumb. Would I enjoy an old school RE with RE4 gameplay? Sure, but god I hope this game was profitable. So much fun!

Thank the based God, Lil B himself, that they decided to add a Pause button to the PC version.

What a life saver.

I think you can only pause if you set it to Offline. So I'd imagine the console versions have it too, no?

RE.net said:
The "Agents, Abductors, Chainsaws" event has ended. You ranked 406 with a score of 14, and earned 293840000 RE Points.

Hah, I wish!

On the plus side, those that participated can finally get an EX3 costume! Not sure which one I want to get first; leaning towards Sherry since her alternate loadout is so damn good. I do want to get Leon's as well since that RPD suit is so classic, but maybe that'll be for next month's EX3 ticket.

Top Bottom