• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

cripterion

Is there any way to split screen this game on separate monitors with one pc if we own and SLI setup (and of course dual monitors)?
That's something that should be achievable with all console ports including split screen considering the horsepower difference with the current pcs compared to consoles.

I'm definitely grabbing that Leon Mod.
Looks really good.

I love both Mercs and No Mercy but when playing regular mercs I have to put on the serious face during solo. Just because I don't know spawn orders so most of the time it's drop city for me.

Ugh! Costume looks so good. Come on Capcom, release some for RE6 consoles. I can't watch that video anymore. I will be livid if someone makes a proper Jill mod for RE6 :'(

iavi

I enjoyed Assignment Ada. Then I tried to play Chris' campaign.

What is this shit?

Ada's campaign, so far, has been really good. I'm glad I waited on the PC version to actually play through this campaign, cause all the patches to the game since release have fixed a lot of my issues. The FOV patch alone makes the whole thing so much better.

Jawmuncher

Ugh! Costume looks so good. Come on Capcom, release some for RE6 consoles. I can't watch that video anymore. I will be livid if someone makes a proper Jill mod for RE6 :'(

Yeah it's really well done.
Does make me wonder why capcom hasn't bothered with more Mercs DLC and skins. Think that would sell better than these MP modes.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I still hold the fools dream to see old game locations rendered into Mercs Stage DLC.

Its not to say RE6 won't have further DLC. RE5's Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape came about a year after the game's release, and I do hope we have something like that here.

Jawmuncher

I still hold the fools dream to see old game locations rendered into Mercs Stage DLC.

Its not to say RE6 won't have further DLC. RE5's Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape came about a year after the game's release, and I do hope we have something like that here.

Yeah I hope capcom gives us something on that front. Maybe at E3 hopefully.

Riposte

Huh, I got 0 points for the event... I don't get it. I got like a dozen to two dozen S ranks. Especially thanks to RocketDarkness, who put in a tough of work.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks like I was at only 20 points. Weird. I didn't play as much as I hoped to over the weekend, but I did S-rank several No Mercy stages. Guess I'm just a shitty team leader. :(

Huh, I got 0 points for the event... I don't get it. I got like a dozen to two dozen S ranks. Especially thanks to RocketDarkness, who put in a tough of work.

You know, I bet it doesn't count No Mercy. I was sticking to normal Mercs since I wanted to get a better feel for the spawn patterns and such. That's the only explanation I can think of. No worries, though. It was just a nice excuse to play lots of RE6.

Gyrian

Just about the same here, fairly disappointed.

I played a good amount of regular Mercs as well as No Mercy over the weekend, but my portion of the team score stopped updating somewhere around Saturday morning.
Killed most of my progress. ;_;

What's your steam name, Riposte? I wonder if we've played together already?

Riposte

Just about the same here, fairly disappointed.

I played a good amount of regular Mercs as well as No Mercy over the weekend, but my portion of the team score stopped updating somewhere around Saturday morning.
Killed most of my progress. ;_;

What's your steam name, Riposte? I wonder if we've played together already?

Borgia. There seems to be a lot of guys with that name, so I don't know if it matters.

PowderedToast

just a note on the campaign, i think RE6 easily has the most effective imagery of the series. the apocalyptic terrorist scenarios can be genuinely chilling, not in a scary way but rather "this is so fucked". it feels very post 9/11, where the 'fear of an unknown terror' manifests itself as actual horrific monsters. in that sense, i feel like the series has reached its apex. design-wise, hit and miss, many highs and lows. doesn't come remotely close to the precise clarity of a mikami/kamiya game. the series still misses them, but there remains a lot to be happy over.

but yeah, mercs. i have to agree with those who consider it the best its ever been. it flourishes under the new systems and mechanics. my only issue is that the maps are simply too big for solo to really work. that's something the 3DS game nails alot better.

a very good game, maybe the most memorable AAA release of last year.

haikira

Have you guys seen this?

One of the crazier Mercenaries strategies that I've ever seen. He uses all the chainsaw guys to take out everyone else. It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it!

Is this a vanilla map, user made map or DLC?

I played some on the 360 and i'm thinking of buying a second copy on the PC very soon. Don't remember this map. I haven't played since the first two weeks of the console release.

jediyoshi

Is this a vanilla map, user made map or DLC?

I played some on the 360 and i'm thinking of buying a second copy on the PC very soon. Don't remember this map. I haven't played since the first two weeks of the console release.

Vanilla. Was DLC for the console version I believe

Riposte

just a note on the campaign, i think RE6 easily has the most effective imagery of the series. the apocalyptic terrorist scenarios can be genuinely chilling, not in a scary way but rather "this is so fucked". it feels very post 9/11, where the 'fear of an unknown terror' manifests itself as actual horrific monsters. in that sense, i feel like the series has reached its apex. design-wise, hit and miss, many highs and lows. doesn't come remotely close to the precise clarity of a mikami/kamiya game. the series still misses them, but there remains a lot to be happy over.

but yeah, mercs. i have to agree with those who consider it the best its ever been. it flourishes under the new systems and mechanics. my only issue is that the maps are simply too big for solo to really work. that's something the 3DS game nails alot better.

a very good game, maybe the most memorable AAA release of last year.

Though a stepdown from RE5 in many ways, I do quite like the visual design in the game.

More than anything else, I see this game as having a lot room for improvement and experimentation in an exciting way. At the same time I'm quite pessimitic we'll see the confidence from Capcom to do that in the face of crushing criticism and lack of profit (I think?). This could just be an anomaly - the time where indulgent AAA spectacle met with ambitious, unpolished Japanese action, faced with the pros and cons of both (and usual negative reaction to both, almost stacking up to the point of making it a rare thing to like this game).

Mr_Zombie

just a note on the campaign, i think RE6 easily has the most effective imagery of the series. the apocalyptic terrorist scenarios can be genuinely chilling, not in a scary way but rather "this is so fucked". it feels very post 9/11, where the 'fear of an unknown terror' manifests itself as actual horrific monsters. in that sense, i feel like the series has reached its apex.

I agree with that. Throughout most of Leon's scenario you actually experience first-hand events similar to those you could only read about in RE1-3: people turning slowly into zombies, people panicking, trying their best to defend themselves (and usually fail), being overwhelmed by monsters, chaos in the city etc. The ending cut-scene of Leon 4 is one of my favorite in the entire series.

However, I hope that in future games Capcom will scale things down a bit. We don't need all this epicness, explosions, chases and world traveling.

cripterion

Wow, this game is actually pretty fun, just finished chapter II of Leon's campaign with some randoms for co-op. Didn't expect to be enjoying myself so much.

Gotta agree that intro left a sour a taste in my mouth but once you get past it it's good times. Haven't tried the other campaigns yet.

Gyrian

So we managed to gather 4-5 players last night and give Survivors and Predator a go.

Survivors has laughable 'balance', but it was still dumb fun. I still enjoy the second chance you get as a monster;
gets pretty intense when only 2 agents remain, frantic for the final kill while also being hunted down by 3 or 4 human monsters dying for a revive.
Even the scoring scale is sort of crazy, ridiculously exponential:
Winner gets a trillion points, players with several strong actions during a match get 1,000 points, and finally most others a complete zero.

Predator is my favorite of these 2+ player alternate modes because it often surprises the odds.
When we got to it we were only three, so it's a 2 agent vs. Ustanak massacre by premise.
Instead, agents got a few excellent wins (like a kill from a dying position while Usti was nigh on top of the remaining agent).

Catacombs is outright hilarious, with both traps instakilling agents and Ustanak.
Round 1: agents prone underneath the spinning blade with Ustanak dying when his grabbing arm just barely touched the trap.
Round 2: Ustanak grenades the living crap out of the trap, killing indiscriminately.

Looking forward to meeting more of you out there! :D

Yeah, I definitely had a lot of fun, despite some server issues. Some highlights:

Survivors: Steel Beast. This was probably our longest match of the night, since one of us would always steal the kill as creatures when only two agents remained, bringing us back into the fight. In the end it was just me and Gyrian being hounded by the other two guys while looking for each other.

Mining the Depths. Kill stealing. I stole a kill with my sniper rifle from far away as someone was doing the melee finisher on a downed player. That felt good :p But then I had my kill stolen, too. It was three of us in the caves and it was just a clusterfuck.

Predator: Rail Yard. Right off the bat we get two dropped players and the game loads with death screams for these players. When it's the dropped players' turns as Ustanak, the game just ends. I don't know, I just got a kick from the death screams and seeing them die as the game loaded, haha.

Rooftop Mission: I was kiting the Ustanak since I was out of ammo. I was on the helipad and he was downstairs. The Ustanak had thrown my teammate away and we were waiting for one of us to mess up eventually. This went on for a little while when, suddenly...

*Magnum shot*

Round ends and we win. I laughed so hard because it was so sudden and unexpected. I was thinking of all the strategies I could pull off to save my teammate... and then he just shoots while downed for the win. I thought he was out of ammo because he hadn't taken a shot for quite a while.

Jawmuncher

So we managed to gather 4-5 players last night and give Survivors and Predator a go.

Ahh man can't believe I missed it.
If you guys do more MP message me even if it says I'm away. Will catch it on my phone or while I'm on another console due to my setup

Gyrian

I thought he was out of ammo because he hadn't taken a shot for quite a while.

Ammo is so scarce for agents in Predator, you really have to make each shot count! :D

I'll add another highlight that made laugh in Rooftop Mission. One downed agent, one live agent fairly out of options (Helena).
I give chase as Ustanak, cornering Helena against a sudden wall. A full second before the grab that will end the match comes off, Helena starts her "This is a waste of time" taunt.
Funny enough on its own when you see it play out, but made even better by opening the group chat window and reading something akin to WTF wrong button nooooooo!

That's the second time it's happened to me in Predator. I take advantage of the LB navigation method, but sometimes you just taunt if you don't have enough speed. I think what got me is that I bumped a wall as I hit LB because I thought I was going to start sprinting.

NOPE.

Gyrian

Just a reminder that the Requiem for War mercs event is ongoing right now on RE.net.

Just posted this one for the event.

yXVVzwp.png

For once it seems like, a solo Mercs event will actually last more than one day. I might give it a second shot. :]

Gyrian

I just tried playing RE5, since I've zero progress in the PC version. First time since months before RE6 launched.
Holy wow, it is unbelievably hard to get used to again!

It feels like you have so many fewer options to deal with combat. Not being able to initiate melee without it being a follow-up alone was blowing my mind.

Something else that caught my attention is that the texture quality is not as high as I remember it. It's not even far from RE6, actually.
RE6 mostly has the consistent misfortune of making that bad impression and putting the worst textures right in your face, vs. RE5.
RE6 lighting is a huge step ahead, too.

All told, I'd love to pro run through 5 on PC and unlock Mercs there. Shame you can only start on Veteran from a new save.
Anyone willing to coop this one with me? :D

Mugy

i'm impressed about those mercenaries record.

how about the longest combos in GAF? i can't get over the 35+ without getting damaged by other enemies like the dogs.

MooMoo

I just tried playing RE5, since I've zero progress in the PC version. First time since months before RE6 launched.
Holy wow, it is unbelievably hard to get used to again!

It feels like you have so many fewer options to deal with combat. Not being able to initiate melee without it being a follow-up alone was blowing my mind.

Something else that caught my attention is that the texture quality is not as high as I remember it. It's not even far from RE6, actually.
RE6 mostly has the consistent misfortune of making that bad impression and putting the worst textures right in your face, vs. RE5.
RE6 lighting is a huge step ahead, too.

All told, I'd love to pro run through 5 on PC and unlock Mercs there. Shame you can only start on Veteran from a new save.
Anyone willing to coop this one with me? :D
I wouldn't mind giving RE5 another shake :p My Steam ID is mooblox.

Gyrian

i'm impressed about those mercenaries record.

how about the longest combos in GAF? i can't get over the 35+ without getting damaged by other enemies like the dogs.

Well, 150 is the maximum in regular Mercs, so 150. :p

You'll go farther the more you play. Getting damaged is not an automatic combo ender, too!
Depending on your character and the attack you've taken, there are almost always options to bounce back; e.g. fire grenade at your feet as soon as you can stand, or magnum shot/quickshot.

GSR

Getting into Mercenaries a bit more now that I've finished the campaign. Just had my first full combo with a partner, Agent/Sherry on High Seas Fortress.

It's really something how the core game mechanics are so strong, but the campaign keeps covering it up with 'cinematic' stuff every five minutes.

Mugy

Well, 150 is the maximum in regular Mercs, so 150. :p

You'll go farther the more you play. Getting damaged is not an automatic combo ender, too!
Depending on your character and the attack you've taken, there are almost always options to bounce back; e.g. fire grenade at your feet as soon as you can stand, or magnum shot/quickshot.

My basic set is regular Jake. Using regular pistol to do melee attacks, who do instant Kill. Once the dogs stars to run at Urban Chaos i try to shoot at them with the Magnum.

GSR

My basic set is regular Jake. Using regular pistol to do melee attacks, who do instant Kill. Once the dogs stars to run at Urban Chaos i try to shoot at them with the Magnum.

Dogs generally have very low HP, you should be able to take them down easily with the pistol.

Gyrian

Try to save the magnum for emergencies or bigger enemies.
You can kill dogs with a single handgun shot, and you also have the option to quick-shot them when aiming takes too long.
Dogs are easy to zone, they're their best when things are chaotic and they get to jump you from behind or through a crowd.
Don't run straight at them or straight away, try moving to the sides instead; circle them.

is Chris campaign just Gears of Evil? Because I am not having fun just shooting down some bad guys in a room moving to the next, rinse repeat.

Riposte

is Chris campaign just Gears of Evil? Because I am not having fun just shooting down some bad guys in a room moving to the next, rinse repeat.

Maybe you'll see it that way, but I would hope you are not using cover, the defining characteristic of Gears of War. It is not really good in this game and you don't need it.

Mr_Zombie

Once the dogs stars to run at Urban Chaos i try to shoot at them with the Magnum.

Quick-shots are the best way to deal with dogs because that way you can one-hit kill them even with a handgun.

For the most of the scenario, yes. There's also few (shitty) vehicles sections but overall it's the most shooting heavy campaign. However, as Riposte said, don't use cover because the game isn't fun then. Melees are your friends. I like Chris' campaign because while it lacks the atmosphere, it's fun to play.

Gyrian

I like Chris' campaign because while it lacks the atmosphere, it's fun to play.

On the flipside of that, I quite liked the atmosphere of Chris 3. Creepy and desolate.

Chris' campaign is an easy victim of 'the game doesn't teach you well its mechanics'.
It's rather dull, played entirely as a shooter.

Gyrian

I liked Chris 3 too (well, most of it - the ending sucked), but I think it won't be fun to replay.

I'd be more than okay with Capcom never trying a vehicle section ever again.
Jake's was best, but you can really only use that word speaking relative to the other ones.

Chris 3 reminds me, funny small world that of RE6.
Leon 2: "My son Marco is in the BSAA!"
Chris 3: Well, there's Marco.

Can I play this game under VMWare Fusion running on MacBook Pro? Or would that have serious performance issue?

It's not a very demanding game, if you're able to run others well in that setup.

Gyrian

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB & AMD Radeon HD 6750M

This is my specs. Will that do?

I think you're fine on specs, the question was more to how well you're able to run games like these through VMware vs. say Bootcamp.

I think you're fine on specs, the question was more to how well you're able to run games like these through VMware vs. say Bootcamp.

I have never played any PC game on my Mac (natively or through VMware Fusion) so I don't really know about performances and such. I completely forgotten about Boot Camp. I could try it. I have played PlayStation 1 games on PCSXR and it runs fine but it means nothing for this game.

Top Bottom