• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC Version |UnOT| Bros before BOWs

When is the next EX event? I need to catch them all!

Love the combat in this game so much, really can't understand the people who call it shit. Many seem to consider such due to playing it like a normal TPS but still, it's just so good!

Still kind of pissed Resienet isn't universal, put over 50 hours into the PS3 version. Have to re-unlock everything!

When is the next EX event? I need to catch them all!

Love the combat in this game so much, really can't understand the people who call it shit. Many seem to consider such due to playing it like a normal TPS but still, it's just so good!

Still kind of pissed Resienet isn't universal, put over 50 hours into the PS3 version. Have to re-unlock everything!

The next EX event is in 20 days. Seems to be one every month. I do wish they'd do more for the PC so we can catch up to the console versions, though!

RE.net not being universal is really weird; I feel I'd be much more inclined to buy multiple versions if that wasn't the case.

I do agree that the combat is so incredibly satisfying. I can't stop going back to Mercenaries and just wrecking J'avo's shit every day.

Fantasmo

And here's where I get pissed off. I don't have enough ammo to beat the cocoon part of a Chris campaign boss, I thought I had plenty of ammo but evidently not. And its just like RE to not give me much of an indication if I'm hurting it at all. Tips?

Fantasmo

1 more character to go. It will be interesting to know how
Ada didn't die after the fall
. Also, pretty upset that
Piers died. He was really well done

I don't know, I'm not using any AA settings, just 3840x2160. Don't need any AA with that. Shit FPS, but still higher than on consoles.

Or ~1620p with in-game FXAA probably wouldn't be too ugly.

I should've said. I have a Dell U2711. No downsampling for me unfortunately. :( I'll try getting SGSSAA to work another day perhaps.

Thanks anyways.

antitrop

Inject SMAA with SweetFX?

Also make sure you're using the Biohazard 6 profile in Inspector, not Resident Evil 6. The game's executable is BH6.exe, the 'Resident Evil 6' profile tries to use RE6.exe, which obviously doesn't work. I bet that's your problem.

Been re-playing the PS3 version as a friend just got it and the PC version (solo no Mercy) and noticed they really upped the particle effects for the stun rod. Looks so nice, so much more muted in the console version which makes sense but it's nice to see the effort. But considering that it's strange that wasn't more effort put into wall textures.

221040_2013-05-11_000bnu0f.png

Does anyone know if No Hope Mode will unlock the other difficulty achievements? Professional unlocked the others in the PS3 mode but No Hope mode was of course patched in and doesn't even have an achievement.

Thought you had a beefier rig for some reason Antitrop, guess I just assumed given your 4K shots. Lol, because I still hold around 50 at that resolution. I prefer the constant 60 though so took it down to 3200 x 1800.

antitrop

Thought you had a beefier rig for some reason Antitrop, guess I just assumed given your 4K shots. Lol, because I still hold around 50 at that resolution. I prefer the constant 60 though so took it down to 3200 x 1800.

Nope, just an overclocked i7 and a GTX 590. I plan on upgrading next year, probably to an 880.

Inject SMAA with SweetFX?

Also make sure you're using the Biohazard 6 profile in Inspector, not Resident Evil 6. The game's executable is BH6.exe, the 'Resident Evil 6' profile tries to use RE6.exe, which obviously doesn't work. I bet that's your problem.

Thanks so much, it's working now! The framerate drop at times is quite bad, but for the most part, it's playable.

I've tried SweetFX before and the game doesn't even start. It opens a window for a split second then disappears.

Thanks again!

antitrop

Despite playing the entire game with mouse and keyboard, I had to hit a button on my Xbox controller to skip the credits.

I can confirm that neither Space, Enter, Backspace, Escape, nor smashing any combination of them repeatedly until they almost break will cause the ending credits to cease functioning.

Those are some damn fine screenshots you've got there. So much atmosphere!

I definitely remember skipping Ada's credits sequence. Maybe Pause/Break is the magic button? ESC seems to function as Back, so maybe Pause is Start?

Fantasmo

You know, this game would be perfect if it didn't have cheap deaths.
4th Campaign is full of the cheapest shit I've ever seen. I'm on a bus and this asshole kills me in 1 hit. I really just want to type out curses for six pages right now because I was doing great in this chapter up until this. Seems like every chapter for the 4th campaign has some sort of bullshit that you have to get lucky with.

Edit: finished it up. Aside from cheap deaths I loved it start to finish. Wish they would tone down the cheap stuff.

Anyone playing Mercs or any of that? Looking to get back into it, figured I might get the PC version, but I'm asking beforehand before I drop some cash.

Anyone playing Mercs or any of that? Looking to get back into it, figured I might get the PC version, but I'm asking beforehand before I drop some cash.

I still play it, and the few people I've added still seem to play it. This is the best Mercs ever, so I don't see myself completely abandoning it anytime soon.

Sweet. Here's hoping the PC controls aren't borked, or at least are fixable.

PC controls like a dream, in my opinion. I played through campaign with a 360 controller, and then transitioned to M+KB. M+KB is a bit awkward at first since a few actions share the same button, but once you get used to it, it feels great. Love the precision the mouse offers!

Sectus

Apparently the game got patched yesterday with VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) support.

There hasn't been any details about how it works yet. It's nice they care about stopping cheaters, but I'm worried how this will affect modding.

PC controls like a dream, in my opinion. I played through campaign with a 360 controller, and then transitioned to M+KB. M+KB is a bit awkward at first since a few actions share the same button, but once you get used to it, it feels great. Love the precision the mouse offers!

I'll have to try it when I get back home then, would love the accuracy of the mouse but figured with the amount of button combinations used for sliding, melee, etc that it would be extremely awkward. Was really disappointed the PS3 version didn't support the move, would be perfect.

Edit: Didn't notice this post was three days old, oh well.

And hopefully VAC doesn't mess up the mods, could be likely I suppose given score tracking is always active in someway or another in both the campaign and coop/multiplayer modes.

Nakayumi

Upon almost completing this game I suddenly realize that by now Chris must be hitting the age Barry was in the first game. Not sure if true, but he sure does look a lot older in RE6. Leon as well. I love seeing these characters evolve throughout the series. In a strange way, it makes me feel that I as a player have been through a lot with all of them in the last decade or so.

Upon almost completing this game I suddenly realize that by now Chris must be hitting the age Barry was in the first game. Not sure if true, but he sure does look a lot older in RE6. Leon as well. I love seeing these characters evolve throughout the series. In a strange way, it makes me feel that I as a player have been through a lot with all of them in the last decade or so.

he was 23 I think when RE1 happens in 1998, so he is quite a bit older in 6 for sure.

Fantasmo

Man I wish people played this. I just got a 147 combo on Rail Yard in Mercs Duo with a random. He even used a headset which is rare. I did it with Helena too, which I originally didn't think was good. We finished that one out and added each other but man, not many people play. To not go nuts, I create a match then window the game and browse the web and if I see someone pop in, I switch back which feels silly.

Is it even worth buying the different modes? They sound like so much fun but I imagine even less people play those. Such a good game but not very populated, but I guess that's PC for you; very eclectic tastes, and not very mainstream.

I hope that the VAC patch doesn't ruin my save where I hacked in all the mercs unlockables... Fuck playing another 50 hours to get that shit again, I already did it on PS3 dammit!

Haven't been able to play in a few days, hopefully will be playing it again tomorrow.
EDIT:
I'll play Mercs with you Fantasmo. I'll warn you, I'm not the best but I don't think I'm retarded or anything. Got S Rank on Urban Chaos first attempt with Hunk Agent on PC.

Nakayumi

Is it even worth buying the different modes? They sound like so much fun but I imagine even less people play those. Such a good game but not very populated, but I guess that's PC for you; very eclectic tastes, and not very mainstream.

I got the Season Pass with the pre-order, but in the last couple of weeks I could not find even a single person active in any of the modes that were added by the DLC. So there's your answer. Add me on Steam if you want, I'm not great at Mercs, but I'd like to play a few rounds myself as well. Nickname is Nakayumi.

Hate to bump an older thread but the controls are giving me fits.
I'm on the PC version using a 360 controller and for whatever reason the right trigger is crapping the bed constantly

MrBS

Finally playing the PC version now. Sure bulletproof 120FPS (at least in the prologue) with motion blur disabled is nice as is mouse for camera but it certainly seems to highlight what a terrible looking game this can be that much more. Time to play some more.

Miker

What's the "best" order to play the game in? I saw a list floating around somewhere, but I'm not sure where to find it.

The attack/fire button? What's the problem exactly?

The attack button will occasionally stick. So most of the time I fire whenever I aim. Also randomly I'll just go into attack strings. There were also times where I felt like I had to double-tap the trigger just to get a melee attack out.

Didn't find a fix so I just went with mouse+keyboard. IMO the controls seem much better now.

So, after finishing RE5 a second time I had the desire to finally try the sequel and bought it today. And I'm already struggling with the game options, or the lack of options to say it best.

I can not change the audio language.
I have german audio but want to play with english audio. How the heck do you change the audio language? I already tried to set the it to english via the game properties in the steam client, but it only changed the interface language to english. Audio is still german.
And language options don't seem to be in the game.
Help?

EDIT: Nevermind. The main menu options appeared when I passed the first gameplay introduction. What a stupid design choice.

strafer

So I caved and bought this. The Leon campaign was pretty damn awesome.

I'm now at Chris Mission 5, a
nd the part were you have to run up from that big boss dude is a pain on a fucking keyboard. Can't seem to find the right direction and the camera keeps changing.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I caved and bought this. The Leon campaign was pretty damn awesome.

I'm now at Chris Mission 5, a
nd the part were you have to run up from that big boss dude is a pain on a fucking keyboard. Can't seem to find the right direction and the camera keeps changing.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

LOL yeah I kept dying at that part. Just keep at it, you'll figure it out soon enough.

Top Bottom