• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Phenomic

AAK said:
Wouldn't that dilute the effect he's had throughout the series? Let's at least honor him for all the entertainment he's provided, there is such thing as overkill IMO. He'd definitely lose his throne as an epic villain if he just keeps respawning again and again.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind an RE6 if it played like the Nazi submarine level in Uncharted 1.

It can't be on a boat. Would have been shown at E3 if it was on a boat. Everything else was shown on a boat there.

That actually sounds interesting. Literally no way to escape, just have to wipe out the whole sub of the virus. Though since Revelations is actually on a boat I doubt they would even go near a water setting.

Psi

Gunloc said:
Jill's already got a starring role coming up.

It's Claire & Rebecca's turn now hopefully.

Yeah I guess with the 3DS game it would be too much. I think I'd actually like to see Ada as the main character, but Claire would be good too. I see Rebecca as mostly a joke character :p

angelfly

Excited for Revelations but can't for the life of me muster up any excitement for this. Considering the direction they took with 5 I find myself not caring about 6.

fernoca

Ezalc said:
Oh boy can't wait for it to be terrible and not have Leon since Capcom seems to hate him now.
He's going to be in Operation Raccoon City and the CG movie-sequel Damnation; so is not like they hate him... that much. :p

Seik

Banned
I wonder if Leon will be in for this one...

I wonder if Capcom will go old-school style with this one...

I wonder if Capcom will make the game themselves...

I wonder if...

HOLYSHIT.png

fuuuuuu_144.jpg

J-Rock

Banned
What sort of environments do you guys want this time? We've had house, city, village, castle, lab, train, boat(soon), etc.

ezekial45

Banned
J-Rock said:
What sort of environments do you guys want this time? We've had house, city, village, castle, lab, train, boat(soon), etc.

I wouldn't mind going back to a city. I'd actually love it if they did multiple environments. The city and the surrounding areas of it (forests, rural areas, and secret labs). That would be pretty awesome.

No castle, just wide open forest with a really moody theme.

Maybe the bottom of a tall deep forest?

If done right would be interesting.

Or could make it a military base in China. Since we have done every ethnicity now except for Asians and latinos.

Bad joke I know.

Ezalc

fernoca said:
He's going to be in Operation Raccoon City and the CG movie-sequel Damnation; so is not like they hate him... that much. :p

Yes they totally don't hate Leon even though the point of Raccoon city is to kill him and fuck the CG movies. I want more Leon, more Ada, and more Merchant damn it.

crimsonspider89 said:
No castle, just wide open forest with a really moody theme.

Maybe the bottom of a tall deep forest?

If done right would be interesting.

Or could make it a military base in China. Since we have done every ethnicity now except for Asians and latinos.

Bad joke I know.

Latino: Luis in RE4
Asian: Ada RE2/RE4 and that one other Chinese agent from that other RE game that took place on a boat that was apparently terrible.

EDIT: I found out her name: Fong Ling from RE Dead Aim.

sleepykyo

J-Rock said:

Escape from school/college by bus.
Stop over at a impound yard to scavenge fuel and materials to retrofit the bus.
Head off to hospital to rescue survivors.
Transport survivors to military compound.

Done. No large scale heroics. No Stars, no umbrella. Just a couple of ex cops/national guard members trying to get to safety and some minor acts of heroism along the way.

J-Rock said:
I just want hoards of slow moving zombies, a few really viscous ones that can run and knock your head off. Some Hunters too, that thud heavily when they walk/run. Hardly ever have enough ammo to kill everything. Tons of puzzles. Graphics/style that won't look bad 5/6 years from now...

I think I'm describing REmake...

watershed

Banned
I think a jungle with a night and day progression could be pretty creepy. They could also have caves and stuff in the jungle. Also weather effects could add atmosphere like rain or fog. Shit, thick fog in a jungle full of classic slow moving zombies would be freaky.

ampere

Every Resident Evil is a full reboot of the series since 4 it seems.

Do the reboot style of 4. :D

I skipped 5 after the demo

Finaika

ciaossu said:
Every Resident Evil is a full reboot of the series since 4 it seems.

Do the reboot style of 4. :D

I skipped 5 after the demo
Reboot it to return to the original RE fixed multiple camera angles.

Set it on a small Japanese island where the entire cast of RE is forced to wear necklaces that will explode if they don't keep killing 'dem zombies.

Revelations seems to show that the series is heading in the right direction at least. If this does turn out to be a reboot much like RE4, hopefully it takes the horror route.

We don't need any more dudebro action games (Note I'm not insinuating that RE4 is like this at all. RE5 started steering in that direction and Operation Raccoon City fully embraces it)

Nuclear Muffin said:
Revelations seems to show that the series is heading in the right direction at least. If this does turn out to be a reboot much like RE4, hopefully it takes the horror route.

We don't need any more dudebro action games.
Just realized how much more I would have liked RE5 if it was Leon instead of Sheva and the whole game was just him and Chris broing out and being mad homoerotic.

ciD_Vain

This is pretty exciting. Given that Capcom said this one would be "different", I'm really interested in seeing what kind of direction they're taking the non-spin-offs

ampere

Finaika said:
Reboot it to return to the original RE fixed multiple camera angles.
If they could make a REmake style game with actual solid dialog and coherent story, I think we'd have the GOAT

"Here's a lockpick, Jill. I thought you, the master of unlocking, could use it"

zlatko said:
To be honest I don't think RE6 can be as groundbreaking as RE4 was, UNLESS they make it a launch title for PS4/720, fully supported 3D that's out of this world, and THE pinnacle game for motion control. RE4 basically invented or at least solidified the over the shoulder third person shooter, and paved the way for your Gears of Wars and Uncharteds. I think people expected RE5 to be able to once again top what RE4 did, and unfortunately Capcom didn't innovate nor did they refine... hell they didn't even adapt to where games had gone over the years after RE4 came out.

Why the fuck do you want another game to change the formula and try to innovate? All they really need to do is work on how to improve the gameplay and design the levels and bosses better than previous games.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
EloquentM said:
You know what? I'm not even excited. Capcom hates me as a faithful consumer. Except for putting out resi 4 in HD. Now that, I can except that as love.

He only hits me because he loves me.

Dead Space has become my love for this genre, so I doubt RE 6 will even come close to matching it. But good luck to them. I hope it makes up for RE 5. Also, if Wesker comes back, that'd be awesome.

RedSwirl

"Reboot the playstyle" probably means it's going to be nothing like 4 or 5.

Here's hoping they return it to the adventure game style of play and drop the tank controls forever.

Mengetsu

Kagari said:

Yes as Vamp said and others I hope that Alex or some form of the other children from the project make it in. There's not much to tell left in the RE Universe unless there's something we missed with Ada Wong after RE4 and here whereabouts or am I missing part of that story that's been explained already?

If this is yet another third person shooter, Capcom officially doesn't want me to love Resident Evil anymore. It doesn't necessarily have to be similar to the traditional Resident Evil games, but for Eff's sake, no more shooters.

Top Bottom