• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Matts Legacy said:
Yes as Vamp said and others I hope that Alex or some form of the other children from the project make it in. There's not much to tell left in the RE Universe unless there's something we missed with Ada Wong after RE4 and here whereabouts or am I missing part of that story that's been explained already?
You forgot about what happened to Steve after the end of CVX... Clair need to search for him and to look for Sherry too like she promised her.

I am a Resident Evil slut. A whore. A proud one. I will buy this and I will not be shamed. Very happy at the sight of RE6.

My body has always been ready.

Mengetsu

The Praiseworthy said:
You forgot about what happened to Steve after the end of CVX... Clair need to search for him and to look for Sherry too like she promised her.

From Wiki
H.C.F. managed to collect his body to take samples of the T-Veronica virus. Albert Wesker told Chris that it might be possible to revive Steve and maybe even see Claire again which made Claire enraged at Wesker for touching Steve's body However, Steve never came back to life.

If they were to do something else with steve's story it should had been in RE5. It feels like it could be too late but who knows..

And as for sherry Wesker said he had her in his report but, they never did explain what he did with her. I guess they could do a segment of Clair looking for her it's long over due :/

I seriously hope they return to the zombies in a main installment... and they bring Billy back. Loved that character. Too bad he was thrown to the wayside to make room for everyone else.

I have a feeling that it will be a Gears of War clone or something with mandatory co-op. Don't get me wrong, I really liked RE5, but to me it felt nothing like traditional RE.

Vamphuntr

Matts Legacy said:
From Wiki
H.C.F. managed to collect his body to take samples of the T-Veronica virus. Albert Wesker told Chris that it might be possible to revive Steve and maybe even see Claire again which made Claire enraged at Wesker for touching Steve's body However, Steve never came back to life.

If they were to do something else with steve's story it should had been in RE5. It feels like it could be too late but who knows..

And as for sherry Wesker said he had her in his report but, they never did explain what he did with her. I guess they could do a segment of Clair looking for her it's long over due :/

Yeah I really want to see Claire rescuing Sherry but I'm not sure Wesker still has her in the new canon. Dark side Chronicles implied that the government has Sherry and that they blackmailed Leon into doing the Operation Javier mission since they had her. For some reason Leon was arrested with Sherry but Claire got away just fine :lol.

Lakitu

st5fu
Please go back to it's roots. More survival horror, less action and back to an urban environment with an interesting aesthetic.

Can't get enough RE, probably my favourite franchise ever. Would kill for another Claire/Leon game with multiple scenarios like RE2, but I guess that will never happen.

At least let Claire be in it.

Jaxter09

Resident Evil was never 'scary' imo, what I miss is the Metroid-esque progression of 2-3 different locations. I would be happy if they just copied that layout; but with improved graphics; and make it actually fun to play.

Mengetsu

Vamphuntr said:
Yeah I really want to see Claire rescuing Sherry but I'm not sure Wesker still has her in the new canon. Dark side Chronicles implied that the government has Sherry and that they blackmailed Leon into doing the Operation Javier mission since they had her. For some reason Leon was arrested with Sherry but Claire got away just fine :lol.

Ahh I see. Well then is Ada's story wrapped up? She got the Las Plagas sample in RE4 and gave it to Wesker to finish his Uroboros project but we all know they were trying to double cross each other. Seem's like Wesker did her in.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
So it seems like Capcom's only internally developed games right now are:
-Dragon's Dogma
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil
-Street Fighter

Am I missing anything?

Xater

Krev said:
So it seems like Capcom's only internally developed games right now are:
-Dragon's Dogma
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil
-Street Fighter

Am I missing anything?

Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara.

Vamphuntr

Matts Legacy said:
Ahh I see. Well then is Ada's story wrapped up? She got the Las Plagas sample in RE4 and gave it to Wesker to finish his Uroboros project but we all know they were trying to double cross each other. Seem's like Wesker did her in.

Nope they still have to wrap (or retcon) the Ada plot after RE 4. Capcom has no issue with retconning anyway. In RE Degeneration Claire is an activist and in the promo campaign for 5 by Capcom US she's a member of the BSAA :O .

Dennis

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
Wasn't RE5 the biggest selling RE yet?

I want a return to horror, too, but I just don't think it's in the cards...
I just wish they would split the series into two branches.

One with the action gameplay from RE4 and RE5, and

One with the classic gameplay from RE and RE2

I love them both and I am sure the market is big enough for both branches.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Xater said:
Monster Hunter and Sengoku Basara.
Ah okay.
So I suspect right now they're developing:
-Dragon's Dogma
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil
-Monster Hunter
-Monster Hunter
-Street Fighter

And there's a further outsourced Resident Evil game on top of that.
How long can the handful of franchises they're living off survive all this milking?

Matts Legacy said:
From Wiki

I feel like they have finished Chris and Jill story with Wesker that has been going on since RE1...

Only Clair left with Sherry and Leon with Ada Since RE2.... I think it's about time to finish both of their stories and then maybe start with whole new settings and era and characters with RE7 on Next gen.... maybe the beginning of Umbrella and the 70s!?

Mengetsu

Vamphuntr said:
Nope they still have to wrap (or retcon) the Ada plot after RE 4. Capcom has no issue with retconning anyway. In RE Degeneration Claire is an activist and in the promo campaign for 5 by Capcom US she's a member of the BSAA :O .

Good lord those were horrible promo's! *Shakes fist* Regardless of what this is as long as there's room for D.C Douglas im happy.

The Praiseworthy said:
I feel like they have finished Chris and Jill story with Wesker that has been going on since RE1...

Only Clair left with Sherry and Leon with Ada Since RE2.... I think it's about time to finish both of their stories and then maybe start with whole new settings and era and characters with RE7 on Next gen.... maybe the beginning of Umbrella and the 70s!?

It felt like that story moved on to a more personal note with Chris and Wesker exclusively. Jill was still there doing her thing but, it felt like in the end it was Chris vs Wesker period. As for Clair and Ada that's all that seems left to do..I hope they can really get all the unanswered questions out the way with this one.

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
Vamphuntr said:
Nah, those viral videos have nothing to do with the story haha They were just that... marketing for the game.

Also, about fucking time they talked about RE6 yay I'm all set. Please make it scary, atmospheric and bring the classic horror from the originals back. It's all I ask. OTS could still work Im sure, but the music and atmosphere are key elements that really set the mood.

As for enviroments... a huge city locale would be great. Someone mentioned earlier subareas such as forest, underground labs, rural areas, etc... that'd be FUCKING EPIC!

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
ThisWreckage said:
So are they just going to ignore the whole Sherry Birkin plot line or what?
That line was removed from Wesker's Report a while ago... looks like they wanted to use Sherry at some point but they scrapped it.

Vamphuntr

ThisWreckage said:
So are they just going to ignore the whole Sherry Birkin plot line or what?

Well, in Dark Side Chronicles it's the government that has her and not Wesker as far as the events of Operation Javier are concerned. Claire did not even mention her in Degeneration. And we haven't heard about her in RE game itself since the epilogue of RE 3.

Instead they decided to tell the story about a village of farmers who are controlled by a parasite discovered by some midget wearing a Napoleon type of hat and that is accompanied by two aliens. And a story about mysterious flowers that contain a rare virus that kills 99,9% of the person infected by it except for the chosen one which the virus grants Matrix like powers.

Erethian

Krev said:
Ah okay.
So I suspect right now they're developing:
-Dragon's Dogma
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil
-Monster Hunter
-Monster Hunter
-Street Fighter

And there's a further outsourced Resident Evil game on top of that.
How long can the handful of franchises they're living off survive all this milking?

Isn't Street Fighter largely outsourced to Dimps?

On RE6, considering Dragon's Dogma is advertised as being, "From the creators behind some of Capcom's best action games, including the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 4", (which I find funny considering all the lead design staff on RE4 left the company a long time ago) and Jun Takeuchi has said he won't be involved in RE6, I have to wonder who is left at Capcom to actually develop the game.

Tron 2.0

Those comments about RE6 being a reboot were made in 2009, before RE5 was even released.

I don't really know what to expect from Capcom at this point.

Special J

Banned
i thought they're making resident evil revelations (the 3DS one which was supposedly going to be multiplatform)

DennisK4 said:
A great game?

RE4 was great. RE5 was great.

indeed, people are bandwagoning opinion right now since its the coolfad right now to hate on capcom.

Tron 2.0

DennisK4 said:
A great game?

RE4 was great. RE5 was great.
RE4 was great. RE5 was fine.

But that wasn't what I was trying to say anyway. I was trying to say that given the turbulent development of RE titles, the creative shuffling at Capcom and that the "reboot" quote was given before the release of RE5 by someone who, as far as anyone knows, isn't involved in RE6, I have no idea what to expect from the game at this point.

Special J said:
thats what i read when it was announced but things could have changed.
I don't think that was ever the case.

Erethian

Tron 2.0 said:
RE4 was great. RE5 was fine.

But that wasn't what I was trying to say anyway. I was trying to say that given the turbulent development of RE titles, the creative shuffling at Capcom and that the "reboot" quote was given before the release of RE5 by someone who, as far as anyone knows, isn't involved in RE6, I have no idea what to expect from the game at this point.

RE5 benefited from having a template in RE4.

I suppose they could do the same again for RE6, but there's only so many times you can create the same game. And I don't think Capcom has the talent anymore do a compelling reinvention of the series like RE4 was.

I would love to see the return of horror in this one with actual zombies. Claire as the main character would be nice and ffs no mandatory co-op, RE5 was fun, if you had a good co-op buddy, but when playing solo it sucked hard on hardest difficulty!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Erethian said:
Isn't Street Fighter largely outsourced to Dimps?
Yeah, but I think it still has some Capcom developers working on it.
On RE6, considering Dragon's Dogma is advertised as being, "From the creators behind some of Capcom's best action games, including the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 4", (which I find funny considering all the lead design staff on RE4 left the company a long time ago) and Jun Takeuchi has said he won't be involved in RE6, I have to wonder who is left at Capcom to actually develop the game.
Yeah, Dragon's Dogma seems to be sucking up all of Capcom's major developers outside of the Monster Hunter team. Maybe RE6 is outsourced? Then again, they were able to put together a team for Revelations, and it would be strange for that to be internal and the next numbered instalment not to be.

Tron 2.0

I'm guessing it will be announced for the PS3 and 360.

When asked about the Wii U, they will say that they just recently received a dev unit and are interested, but not committed at this point.

Top Bottom