• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Ships Over 4.5 Million

Aegus

Resident Evil was always a niche series and was slammed for being different due to controls and camera angles.

Resident Evil is now a mainstream series and is being slammed for being the same as other shooters due to controls and camera angles.

What the hell do you people want?

Niche series don't sell nearly 7 million copies of the original game and have Hollywood movies.

Domstercool

I don't think reviews will do that much to it. (I personally enjoyed the game and disagree with some people's opinion on it).

Anyway, what I am saying is that from the people around me that have bought the game, they seem to be enjoying, but this is the same people who I wouldn't call hardcore gamers as such. They don't go to Neogaf and they probably don't go to many gaming sites. This is the same people that like FIFA and Battlefield/COD and so on, and that is what Capcom was aiming for.

Probably counts as sales in Capcom's book. As soon as Capcom sold those to distribution/detail they couldnt care less. How many of those reach out to the consumer is a different story.

Its all up to the gamers to make an impact on their stance on this.

Top Bottom