• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour -Twilight Version- releasing today for all PSN users!

Bummed that PC users are left out in the dust again.

A PC demo would be particularly interesting because it opens up the possibility of data mining. Demos often have traces of the rest of the full game in tact. Hackers could find more yet-to-be-unveiled info about the rest of the game in the game's data. There's also Cheat Engine which could enable walk-through-walls and let people enter currently inaccessible areas in the mansion.
Yeah, that sounds like something capcom would want.

Ryuuga

Banned
A new trailer and screens are now available on the press site, which provide a long-awaited look at some of the intense combat that can be expected in Resident Evil 7, as well as a far from appetizing feast to remember with the highly disturbed Baker family.

Love PR speak. Yeah sure that combat had me like:

jab91rpuwq4p.gif

Mikey Jr.

Bummed that PC users are left out in the dust again.

A PC demo would be particularly interesting because it opens up the possibility of data mining. Demos often have traces of the rest of the full game in tact. Hackers could find more yet-to-be-unveiled info about the rest of the game in the game's data. There's also Cheat Engine which could enable walk-through-walls and let people enter currently inaccessible areas in the mansion.

And now we know why there's no pc version lol.

Pc versions take the mystery out of EVERYTHING.

Rozart

Nice! I'm not good with horror but I'm still going to try playing through it...somehow. Or I'll force a friend to play it while I watch hah.

Also looking forward to read through another crazy RE7 demo thread.

WHAAAAAAT

Oh my fucking god Capcom is delivering the FUCK outta this shit like a goddamned UPS driver on bath salts and a Mad Max truck. FUCK yes.

legacyzero

Banned
GIMME THE US VERSION NOW PLEAAAASE!

Aint been this excited for RE in YEARS. and RE6 was a fucking dumpster fire. This looks so good.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Oh man,

Going to have to buy PSVR just so I can have my brother play this. When it gets to the force feeding part I'm totally going to shove an oyster in his mouth. Going to be A M A Z I N G

Fisty

Whoa wait is that price hike from $79 -> $89 for deluxe version confirmed? I might try to grab the game if it's gonna a go up in price later

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Whoa wait is that price hike from $79 -> $89 for deluxe version confirmed? I might try to grab the game if it's gonna a go up in price later

Goes up in price tomorrow, pick it up now and you'll get the upgrade for free with no additional cost.

The price raise is because they changed the DLC from 4 shorts stories & 1 bonus chapter to 4 short stories & 3 bonus chapters, all will be released after launch though.

Fisty

Goes up in price tomorrow, pick it up now and you'll get the upgrade for free with no additional cost.

The price raise is because they changed the DLC from 4 shorts stories & 1 bonus chapter to 4 short stories & 3 bonus chapters, all will be released after launch though.

Nice catch, I'll have Pro and PSVR already so I see no reason to sleep on this one, I'll most likely be getting it regardless

Dusk Golem

Madhouse mode. That's how I'm playing my first go.

is the demo at midnight or later today?

No exact time, just confirmed as the '15th' for America/Europe.

Since America AND Europe, it'd be earlier in the day for America and not midnight tomorrow, though.

Dusk Golem

Capcom-Unity Post, includes a few details about the game in general and pre-ordering, and the new demo:

“Welcome to the family, son.” In June, countless PS Plus subscribers heard this instantly memorable line in their attempt to escape a mysterious plantation house when the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo was first released. Today, we’ve got a bunch of new information to share about Resident Evil 7 biohazard, including a new trailer, an update to the Beginning Hour demo, and more!

First things first; we’ve just released a new trailer that gives you a peek at what you can expect in the full game, which you can check out above. Starting off with a mysterious recorded message, get a look at some of the visceral combat that you’ll experience, as well as an unforgettable feast with the Baker family.

In addition, the Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour demo has hit a huge milestone, with over three million people having downloaded the demo worldwide! For those of you who have explored every nook and cranny that the dilapidated house has to offer, we’ve got something special in store for you. A new Twilight version update for the demo is on the way, and will be available starting tomorrow, September 15th. And while Beginning Hour has previously only been available to PlayStation Plus members, when the update goes live tomorrow, all PS4 owners will be able to download the demo and experience it for themselves. If you haven’t played the demo yet, it will be a great time to investigate the dilapidated corridors and uncover the mansion’s mysteries.

We also have some exciting news to share about the digital deluxe version of the game for North America. Previously offering the game and a season pass for two additional story episodes for $79.99 in North America, we’ll be upgrading the digital deluxe version with an additional playable story episode starting tomorrow. This will also shift the price to $89.99 to account for the additional content. However, if you’ve already pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition on the North American PlayStation Store, your pre-order will automatically be upgraded at no additional charge. Plus, all pre-order customers of either the standard or deluxe versions will get a number of bonuses, including the Survival Pack: Recovery Set, consisting of consumable healing items to help you withstand the mansion’s horrors. Don’t worry; these consumables are available again each time you start a new game. Also included are a mysterious in-game Lucky Coin, and access to the incredibly difficult Madhouse mode (normally unlocked after completing the game once). As if that wasn’t enough, all pre-orders on the NA PlayStation Store will also instantly receive a dynamic PS4 theme. Be sure to head over and pre-order today!

Finally, don’t forget that Resident Evil 7 biohazard will be fully playable with the included optional PlayStation VR mode when fear comes home on January 24th, 2017. If you can’t wait that long, keep an eye out on the Resident Evil Twitter and Facebook accounts to get the latest on the Resident Evil 20th Anniversary U.S. tour list to see if RE7 and PlayStation VR will be brought to a location near you! Plus, check out additional images below!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...iler-is-out-now-with-a-demo-update-on-the-way

the fact he pokes at phrases about mysteries and poking around everywhere makes me think they may stuff more secrets into this thing.

Also those weird coins are given a name, and the unlockable hardest difficulty is 'Madhouse Mode', which does imply it may have remixed elements.

Top Bottom