• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 VR is possibly the best gaming experience I've ever had to date

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kitchen demo is more intense than the full game RE7. There's plateaus that are close but you are in control, the full game is within what I would call comfortable limits.

Beating this game in VR, I gotta say I completely disagree with this. Being in control actually makes it more scary.

Neff

I've spent years with these headsets (Vive, Oculus and PSVR) and I wouldn't call "headtracking" on any of them jerky. Controllers yes, especially on Move (but on the others as well more frequently than I'd like), but head-tracking is generally stable.

I've watched videos of RE7 in VR and the viewpoint jumps around sharply and frequently. So that kind of ruins the idea of 'being there' for me.

However I've heard the tracking on Oculus and Vive is much better, so I may be convinced to pick up a PC VR headset if RE8 uses it and Sony doesn't do another cockblock.

I've watched videos of RE7 in VR and the viewpoint jumps around sharply and frequently. So that kind of ruins the idea of 'being there' for me.

However I've heard the tracking on Oculus and Vive is much better, so I may be convinced to pick up a PC VR headset if RE8 uses it and Sony doesn't do another cockblock.

The head tracking is fine. Maybe the person controlling the vids you’re watching is at fault but it’s smooth and perfectly fine.

Fisty

What a boring gaming career you have, try Breath of the Wild and that will become a joke

Zelda was a revelatory experience and truly groundbreaking... for a Zelda game.

RE7 takes the entire horror genre, and some would argue the entire medium of interactive entertainment, to the next level.

They don't compare

What a boring gaming career you have, try Breath of the Wild and that will become a joke

Zelda really didn't do anything for me but I think that has more to do with me no longer being a Zelda fan that the quality of the title. Regardless its not a platform defining experience like RE7 for VR is.

Top Bottom