• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City teaser trailer

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Horrible trailer, and the game doesn't appear to be anything more than Left 4 Dead set in Raccoon City.

Your optimism is acknowledged, CapGAF, but I'm not convinced.

spats

Yoshichan said:
You're kidding me right? That's 10x more bad ass than this pos "RE" trailer.

The hype on gaf can be fucking intolerable sometimes. Every trailer somebody doesn't like is instantly the worst one ever made.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
spats said:
The hype on gaf can be fucking intolerable sometimes. Every trailer somebody doesn't like is instantly the worst one ever made.
Hype? I barely had any hype BEFORE this trailer was even shown, let alone the end result after watching this shit. Again: I've never seen anything this bad, trailer-wise, from something that should've been amazing.

Is it me or do some animations look like the players are floating around??? Look at 0:42 for example. Awful animation.

Only thing that redeemed this trailer was the fact that that Leon part was from RE2's intro

spats

Yoshichan said:
Hype? I barely had any hype BEFORE this trailer was even shown, let alone the end result after watching this shit. Again: I've never seen anything this bad, trailer-wise, from something that should've been amazing.

Okay then.

Personally, I thought it looked fine. After RE5 I'm not really in a hurry to play a new Resident Evil even though I kind of liked it. It's cool that they're giving it to a new developer but there's always the risk that it'll turn out really bad. Can't judge anything based on that trailer.

ezekial45

Banned
ViralMarketingDrone said:
You're in full damage control-mode, aren't you?

What? No, it was an observation. If you want criticism, fine. I didn't like how the gameplay was captured through a dev "fly-through" of the action. It looked a bit cheap, imo.

Liking it doesn't mean I'm in damage control.

IPL7D.jpg

DsRIZ.jpg

Ndn7N.jpg

KnNQ6.jpg

tz70X.jpg

3DhE8.jpg

Lyk7x.jpg

fS3o5.jpg

e2BXm.jpg

36D3x.jpg

Foa7S.jpg

E62PW.jpg

k05r6.jpg

BzwFp.jpg

qSEj6.jpg

H8NrA.jpg

q7ZvA.jpg

Gs7NB.jpg

g2v6N.jpg

rockman zx said:

This is kinda what I wish left 4 dead had looked like.

Not from a purely technical standpoint mind you... but that alley really looks dingy, and the fog + lighting adds a lot to the whole scene. Makes the first level of No Mercy look really clean and sanitized by comparison.

Hixx

What the fuck. It was like a fan made video.

The only thing you can really take from that is that the gameplay looks very, very quick.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks more like Left 4 Resident Evil.

ezekial45 said:
What? No, it was an observation. If you want criticism, fine. I didn't like how the gameplay was captured through a dev "fly-through" of the action. It looked a bit cheap, imo.

Liking it doesn't mean I'm in damage control.
Well yeah, different folks different strokes after all. It just wasn't clear to me where you were comming from with this observation after having watched the trailer, but seeing those screenshots without the hectic editing I think I know what you meant.

Graphically it doesn't look to bad but the pacing seems to be a little fast for my tastes...

I just really hope this doesn't seem like a Socom mod...dev time seems to be incredibly short.

Dead Island: Boo!! It's just CG bullshit! The real game wont be anything like that! Boo!

RE: ORC: Boo!!! It's just the game's actual graphics put together in a non-flashy, hype-inducing, bullshit fashion. Boo!!!!

Good on them for not going the Dead Island route or presenting a conceptual trailer of what they think the game should "feel" like. Here's the name, here's what it looks like, you'll find out more soon. Good teaser.

ULTROS! said:
Looks more like Left 4 Resident Evil.
That's fine by me at this point. I'm just glad that we are back in Raccoon City.

EDIT: Bad trailer, but I don't mind the gameplay (even though it does look like Socom)

Am I the only one who thinks the game looks pretty good (terrible trailer editing aside)?

The only thing which really stuck out was some dodgy character modelling and a weird strafe animation that looked like it was ripped from SOCOM's cold dead hands.

I mean we could have gotten another RE5... at least they got the setting right this time.

Dead Man Typing said:
RE: ORC: Boo!!! It's just the game's actual graphics put together in a non-flashy, hype-inducing, bullshit fashion. Boo!!!!
Yeah, this totally was a solid gameplay trailer where we could judge the graphics.
The probably had this weird editing to hide the shitty animations.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Am I the only one who thinks the game looks pretty good (terrible trailer editing aside)?

The only thing which really stuck out was some dodgy character modelling and a weird strafe animation that looked like it was ripped from SOCOM's cold dead hands.

I mean we could have gotten another RE5... at least they got the setting right this time.

I think it looks alright, just not the Socom gameplay I got from the trailer.

Tiktaalik

As one would expect it doesn't feel very "Resident Evilish." This is pretty early though so at this point it's pretty hard to have a negative opinion of it.

It's likely the game will have a much more open area style than the tightly scripted corridors of RE4 and 5 and it'll necessarily play and look very, very different due to the differing technical requirements.

If I didn't know this was a 3PS, I would swear it was a remake of RE2. They nailed the atmosphere for the most part, just needs more random fires.

Seems more like the follow up to Outbreak, than like a sequel to RE5... (and why not).

Also, apparently I am the only one who thinks the music has its charm...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
They look like Metal Gear Solid Bosses.

The stills from the video do a better job of actually giving me an idea of what's going on, than the video itself. Looks like the mood is perfect for the game. I'm not a fan of the killzone cloaking nonsense or using zombies as shields, but consider me intrigued...

Ezalc said:
Why would they make a game that you can't beat? Leon can't be killed silly little bitches.

Indeed.

Despera

Banned
GalacticSushiman said:
Seems more like the follow up to Outbreak, than like a sequel to RE5... (and why not).

Yep. I'd be seriously worried if this was RE6 or something.

GalacticSushiman said:

It really does seem like a follow up to Outbreak and that sounds fine by me. I like the core idea and the fact that you can alter the RE storyline. I just hope that there is enough enemy variety and locations. This seems to be way better than the co-op implemented in RE5 though. The fast pace of teh gameplay will put off some purist, but I do think that it's a welcome change and they can still keep the "horror" if done right similar to Left4Dead.

Top Bottom