• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Orgins Collection (PS4&Xbox One)

Me and a friend played it and we used the first mani hall as a huge storage room. With one corner for healing items, another for ammo etc. So fussy system, that was just a huge mess in the end.

I remember doing almost the same thing, as if it wasn't a mess already the big problems come after the first mansion though if my memory is correct.
Game was almost ruined for me without any item boxes, they just needed one in each location, backtracking to get items is part of resident evil but having to put everything in piles on the floor was a joke.

I remember doing almost the same thing, as if it wasn't a mess already the big problems come after the first mansion though if my memory is correct.
Game was almost ruined for me without any item boxes, they just needed one in each location, backtracking to get items is part of resident evil but having to put everything in piles on the floor was a joke.

So true.

amar212

I used a notebook and I had total written tracking management of items dispersed over areas.

It was a great self-invented game while playing.

I actualy loved it, because it somehow added to imerssion for me ATM

Kuraudo

Banned

There were also issues with how many items could be stored in each room. So when
the train crashes, and your items get grouped in the room outside of it, you only get a fraction of what you had actually laid out through the various train rooms.

There were also issues with how many items could be stored in each room. So when
the train crashes, and your items get grouped in the room outside of it, you only get a fraction of what you had actually laid out through the various train rooms.

Are you kidding?! Man I hope they fix this!

sphinx

the piano man
Gameplaywise, what are the relevant differences between these and the Wii/NGC games???

is it just about the same but HD?

Tizoc

PAL cover and seems like EU will have PC retail version as well.

Eh EU ver. isn't that good too IMO.
You know what would be cool?
WHAT WOULD BE FUCKING AWESOME?!

A totally new artwork by Kinu Nishimura OR Shinkiro for the Origins Collection
JUST PICTURE IT!

Capcpom pls, don't give us boring-ass CGI.

thelastword

Banned
What issues? Tried to search but didn't find anything and would be interested to know since I have been considering getting it.
If you love Resident Evil, I guess you can play it, but it's a bad port. In what sense?

The presets on this game are low on consoles, shadows are at medium on the PS4 and low on the XBO. Game lost frames when rotating the camera and there was some severe frame-pacing issues. This game runs at 1080p 60fps on low budget cards, even cards only equipped with 1GB of VRAM runs it at a fluid clip.

It's capped to 30fps on the consoles, when it should easily run at 60fps with the best shadows and an even better aliasing solution, all in it's sleep. A toaster PC runs this at 1080p 60fps tbh....

FTF

Oh nice will prob get this for PS4...though I wish my current save from the digital version would transfer over :/

jacobeid

Banned
Haven't bought REmake yet so I'm definitely going to just hold out for this collection.

Physical, yo.

I'm guessing they didn't announce a price? Hoping for $40...aka $32 with GCU.

Top Bottom