• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ok a quick question, got the Demo..couldn't find the scanner, I believe I know where to find it.. but couldn't...

also control style C is a good scheme, but I need the cpp...

am not turning the 3DS off for a while, will leave it on charge.. roll on the 27th :)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Silver door right before you go up the stairs in the fog room.
ahh cool thanks, was rushing through the first go.
I think to dodge you have to move in the opposite direction for the attack, that is how I do it in C control mode.

also Hell mode, holy fuck!!

So played through it 3 times now (normal) and one time on hell... and boy oh boy the game is a lot harder now than it was during Gamescom. It's the same demo still, but the enemies are moving much faster and wiggle around more, while being a lot more agressive.
And Hell is just that: Hell. But tons of fun as well as unlike most other horror games that simply become unfair on the harder difficulty settings, this one seems to be one legit challenge.

I love it.

However, I can't have the game on full 3D with the strongest preset. It rapes my eyes (that could be due to a long day at work) But it certainly looks amazing. Texture quality is ridiculously good. Reading doorsigns (in Italian nonetheless^^) is possible, and the little details and great tastefull arrangements of the environments are classic RE level design.

Sophia

Oh what the hell? The demo just flat out ends if you have it on pause for more than a few minutes? What a load of bullshit.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Seeing the RE6 thread and the complaints about the director, I'm wondering: who's directing Revelations? XD

Sophia

That's the insanity system Capcom secretly pulled for the game.

This demo is exceedingly frustrating. You lose, you're kicked back to the title screen. You wait too long, you're kicked back to the title screen.

Great game, but what a fucking terrible demo.

The Gyro aiming seems to work pretty well.

Boney

Banned
Ok just played the Hell mode demo, and it was incredible. Perfect mix of set pieces and actual gunplay. Enemies coming from corners and from behind, less ammo and much less health.

I did finish with 4 shotgun shells and over 60 bullets in the machine gun, along with 1 herb I think. So it was not terribly complicated. I still can't get a good hang of the dodging mechanic but it did save my ass once.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Honestly I didn't find Normal mode hard at all. And I'm usually pretty bad at games.

Hell mode on the other hand...

EDIT: Probably helps that I played Mercenaries 3D.

Sophia

I'm having difficulty even getting past the third/fourth encounter in normal mode. Right about where you get the grenade.

I didn't play Mercenaries 3D, so...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Graphics are really good. 3D cranked up all the way is really strong. I liked the gameplay too. My only gripe is the enemies look kind of lame.

Celine

Dat walking animation for Jilll....it's like some P.N.03 type ish
Can already guess how many times I will fap at her gracious "walking animation".

This demo is exceedingly frustrating. You lose, you're kicked back to the title screen. You wait too long, you're kicked back to the title screen.

Great game, but what a fucking terrible demo.

The Gyro aiming seems to work pretty well.
That's not a bad demo IMO.
I guess it is meant for retailers so that's normal that it will reset if idle for a certain amount of time.

Sophia

That's not a bad demo IMO.
I guess it is meant for retailers so that's normal that it will reset if idle for a certain amount of time.

I'm not playing at a retailer, so it should never do that. The fact that it does automatically makes a bad demo.

I'm losing interest pretty fast tho. Everything about this game seems frustratingly difficult and I can hardly hit the target unless aiming is set to Very Slow.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
3D set on max is the biggest 3D effect I've seen on 3DS. Background looks like it's 30cm away from the screen.

Great demo :)

There's your problem.

Heh well, the last scary game I played was Amnesia and seriously, nothing compares. So I guess that's unfair.

Oh what the hell? The demo just flat out ends if you have it on pause for more than a few minutes? What a load of bullshit.

Yeah, experienced the same thing when my brother called. Went back to the game and was like, what the f?

Also, I couldn't figure out how to manually use an herb. You couldn't touch it on the normal touch screen and you couldn't switch to it with the dpad either...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'm having difficulty even getting past the third/fourth encounter in normal mode. Right about where you get the grenade.

I didn't play Mercenaries 3D, so...
If you've ever played RE4 or RE5 you should be right at home.

Re the time-out 'feature' - while it can be annoying, it's a 10minute demo after all, so no biggie.

Mpl90

Is there a fucking joke hidden in your post? Or did you use 'XD' just to make yourself look stupid? I dont know. XD is the worst

No, someone in the thread, at the time I posted, started being disappointed for the director, since it has been involved with the OutBreak games in the past. Then, it has been posted it worked on the legendary JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and other great games, and everything went well. Mine was just curiosity since I didn't know who directs Revelations.

Sophia

If you've ever played RE4 or RE5 you should be right at home.

Re the time-out 'feature' - while it can be annoying, it's a 10minute demo after all, so no biggie.

I did finish RE4. I don't feel right at home. Something about the aiming is different from RE4. I've finished the demo twice now on normal and I don't think I've landed a single headshot.

Mpl90

Preferred control method, guys?

A with tilt sensors for aiming. In this way, it's possible to walk and aim freely at the same tiem with just pressing R (instead, with the aiming left to the analogue, to walk while aiming you have to press L, but while walking you aim at the same direction always ). In this way, I found my little paradise :D

5amshift

Banned
Type A
Aim speed set to slow
First person firing

I haven't tried the other methods because I think this one works for me perfectly.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I did finish RE4. I don't feel right at home. Something about the aiming is different from RE4. I've finished the demo twice now on normal and I don't think I've landed a single headshot.
I'm thinking it's because the enemies sway from side to side a lot farther than the ganados or majini. I'm still having trouble landing headshots in that regard, since I have to sort of match the tempo of the enemy's movements.

blu

Regenerators are just like that - hard targets for headshots. I've pulled a dozen or more neck-shots (next best thing) so far in Revelations, but not a single head-shot.

BTW, it seems there's a bug in the scanning percentages sum - I just scanned the final claws twice - once from afar, and once when the guy was knocked on the ground by a grenade, and my scan percentage dropped from 70%-ish to 33%.

Mupod

Regenerators are just like that - hard targets for headshots. I've pulled a dozen or more neck-shots (next best thing) so far in Revelations, but not a single head-shot.

BTW, it seems there's a bug in the scanning percentages sum - I just scanned the final claws twice - once from afar, and once when the guy was knocked on the ground by a grenade, and my scan percentage dropped from 70%-ish to 33%.

From what I've seen if you hit 100% it just goes back to 0%. So it was probably enough to push you over 100%.

Dartastic

Is there a way to get the demo in the USA?

Also, I really want to buy this game, but I really don't want to pay 50 for it. I can't really justify paying that much for a handheld title. Is it on sale for 40 anywhere?

blu

From what I've seen if you hit 100% it just goes back to 0%. So it was probably enough to push you over 100%.
Bah. Suspected something like that. Still seems like something qa should've nailed.

Hell mode wasn't bad until the elevator bit. I had no clue what to do there without ammo or anything. I was even conserving ammo by exploiting the invincible door animation and exploding enemies (lure the boomer to the door, and as it's about to blow, open it. kills himself and the other monster in one go).

Demo was alright. Didn't like how bullet spongey the enemies felt and it didn't have the sweet rhythm of RE4/5 where you'd knee cap, melee and knife; which to be fair is more like classic RE. Hated how the game does the red jelly on the screen with saturation; health meter works fine! on a small screen I was as much vision as I can get. Also maybe a bit too claustrophobic, which the ccp might help with.

Really felt like circle pad pro would help the controls. Actually, the best way to handle it without the CPP would be Control method C + Gyro but the buttons still moved the camera while aiming (for broad motions; gyro for fine aim). I thought it would be like Zelda where the option would turn it on in addition to the standard layout.

Game looks really nice. The super 3D effect is impressive. Random question: is the shadow technique the same one as Silent Hill Shattered Memories? that's what it reminded me of.

Still thinking about canceling my preorder because of other games around the same time. I dunno. I'm hoping more videos of other locations come out before release It's still about a month off.

edit: oh, and aiming speed at very fast helps too. It seems to have a great effect on turning speed.

Top Bottom