• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

jokkir

I haven't really been keeping up with the news for this game. Will this come with some sort of Multiplayer mode and as well as a Mercs mode?

I haven't really been keeping up with the news for this game. Will this come with some sort of Multiplayer mode and as well as a Mercs mode?

It has Raid Mode, which is derived from Mercenaries but is a bit different in structure as it features persistent levels, upgrades, loot and no time limit.

Mafro

"Revelations almost feels as though it was designed for the attention span of the average Ios gamer"
Zing!

My ShopTo order has also been dispatched. Really annoying that the worst possible online retailer got the exclusivity for the bundle.

Yeap, two pages review. 6/10 - "Half Hearted Horror".

"Revelations almost feels as though it was designed for the attention span of the average Ios gamer"

I know I haven't played the full game but, judging by the demo, that's a ridiculous statement to make surely.

Zing!

My ShopTo order has also been dispatched. Really annoying that the worst possible online retailer got the exclusivity for the bundle.

How they got it is beyond me. I cancelled my pre-order from them today. And then ordered from Shopto. A couple of hours later they'd already dispatched it. That right there, is real customer service.

Sadist

Ordered it the 5th of January. Hope it will be here soon, ore else I´ll have to buy the standard version for € 10 more :/

kanugo

Probably you guys already know this, but I didn't:

"Featuring an Achievement-style system called Missions, Revelations unlocks secret missions through 3DS's Street Pass. Each one completed unlocks new weapons and bonus modes".

Tremis

This man does his research.

"Featuring an Achievement-style system called Missions, Revelations unlocks secret missions through 3DS's Street Pass. Each one completed unlocks new weapons and bonus modes".

that sounds awesome!

Luigiv

Nope, this is new news. Sounds pretty interesting.

That would be the first time any game links substantial unlocks with streetpass. I support that, but I wonder how much of a disadvantage that'll be for people that have no luck with streetpass.

Awesome, another cool sounding feature that I'll never be able to take advantage of!

Screw streetpass.

Sincerely,

Tennessee-GAF

I've never used StreetPass before. Does that mean I'll have content I can't access unless I know someone else with a 3DS, and would I have to waste time trying to 'unlock' all the missions?

Mafro

Really hope there's other ways of unlocking them. StreetPass is non-existent here and I'm fed up not being able to access content because of it.

That would be the first time any game links substantial unlocks with streetpass. I support that, but I wonder how much of a disadvantage that'll be for people that have no luck with streetpass.
It could be the same system that is already implemented in Mario Kart 7 where you have to unlock specific parts of your car by collecting thousands of coins (^^) or by connecting to a number of players via street-pass.

kanugo

Continuing my role as messenger, here's some info regarding the Raid Mode:

"With Resident Evil's staple Mercenaries mod offered as a standalone product on 3DS, Revelations gets a brand new bonus mode. Called Raid, this one enables one or two players to replay any previously cleared stage against fresh enemies with RPG-like stats. Player characteres can be upgraded over time by levelling them up, as well as buying new weapons and Call of Duty-style perks using either in-game currency earned in the campaign mode or 3DS's Play Coins. The aim is to clear every stage with an S rank, but with no compelling score attack mechanic, Raid ultimately fails to be as addictive as Mercenaries, and we can't help but feel that Capcom should have just replicated that mode using the new characters and mechanics from Revelations."

I think Raid mode has me more excited than anything else :p

It's clear that it's no Mercs, more like a "monster rush" mode with locked-exit arenas to get through as quickly as possible, but the RPG elements look awesome. You level up, you find higher level weapons, you get custom parts to slot into your weapons, etc.

jonno394

Just played and finished the demo, awesome stuff. The atmosphere was spot on. Died once though in the room
with the 3 creatures after you get the hand grenades
but that was through my own ineptitude.

Played with control scheme A.

Was waiting to play this before buying the full game, but ordered it straight after finishing the demo!!

Buy Mercenaries 3D then :p

nevah.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
I agree, thoroughly enjoyed Mercs 3D personally.

Maybe a daft and random question, but what do we think the possibility is of getting some more RE ports on the 3DS.

Would bloody love REmake on this thing. Assuming the chances are zero, but a man can dream.

branny

This game is amazing. My ideal play mode is sitting on a spinning office chair, 3D on, gyro controls - it's so absorbing and atmospheric moving around in first person with gyro and 3D (which, if you use an office chair, works incredibly well).

Using the scanner in first person + 3D kinda makes it feel like I'm in one of those handheld video camera horror movies - it's just mindblowingly immersive. I love it and can't wait to get it!
Even if other people don't agree, I'm totally with you on this one.

Continuing my role as messenger, here's some info regarding the Raid Mode:
Meh. I was worried that it wouldn't stack up favorably to Mercs. Oh well... :(

jtrov

I think Raid mode has me more excited than anything else :p

I feel the exact same way. Already began talking to one of my buddies about it and we're both really excited to try it out. Just the whole mission structure, loot drops, and perks make it sound really interesting. Raid mode looks like it keeps the atmosphere and pace of the Campaign; which is really awesome.

Top Bottom