• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Yeah I don't know the ins and outs of why they are banned on here, but I always get my Shopto games next day... (I live in Northern Ireland).. I even got a copy of Tales of the abyss from them when they got them back in stock last week, ordered it and it arrived next day..

And preorders always arrive early

Exactly lol They got my Tales of Abyss to me 2 days before release. In fact out of the 10+ games I ordered around October-December last year, all of them came 1-2 days earlier than the street date. Can someone explain why they're banned here?

There was an incident when CC numbers got stolen from ShopTo and they handled the situation really, really poorly.

I personally like 'em, though, because their delivery is really fast as far as UK shops shipping to the European mainland go, and I don't have to give them my CC information when I pay through Paypal.

Mzo

I loved the demo because it felt more like classic RE than action shooter RE.

I went from no interest to frothing demand. Good job, demo.

I loved the demo because it felt more like classic RE than action shooter RE.

I went from no interest to frothing demand. Good job, demo.

One of the best demos I've played in a while and such a welcome feeling when "the old resi feeling" came back within a few minutes...

I didn't want to spoil the game so when I got the scanner I quit and deleted...

Used just now the CCP and feels perfect. The only thing is that it changes the free "move around Jill" camera the touch screen had, and you can move freely the camera with the new stick but Jill also turns around with it. Now I cant se her front :lol

Has anyone used the Circle Pad Pro yet? Is it possible I can just use it as a grip of sort without having to actually have it on?

Yes, you can use it only as a grip, the only thing, the R and L buttons will be in bad possitions for heavy use (the control D, the one with the CPP, uses the new buttons, ZR and ZL instead, and the new interaction and shooting button is ZR instead of Y)

Used just now the CCP and feels perfect. The only thing is that it changes the free "move around Jill" camera the touch screen had, and you can move freely the camera with the new stick but Jill also turns around with it. Now I cant se her front :lol

Yes, you can use it only as a grip, the only thing, the R and L buttons will be in bad possitions for heavy use (the control D, the one with the CPP, uses the new buttons, ZR and ZL instead)

I haven't played Revelations, but I assume the default control scheme is exactly like RE4 in terms of control. Do you know if I can still stick with that control scheme (aiming with the left stick) even with the CPP on? I have played too much of RE4 to start aiming with the right stick now!

I haven't played Revelations, but I assume the default control scheme is exactly like RE4 in terms of control. Do you know if I can still stick with that control scheme (aiming with the left stick) even with the CPP on? I have played too much of RE4 to start aiming with the right stick now!

Yep, control A is RE4 type.
The thing is that as I said maybe is a little difficult to use heavily L and R with the CPP on (but not impossible if you get accostumed), but you can use the CCP as grip even if you use other control types.

moozoom

Do you know if I can still stick with that control scheme (aiming with the left stick) even with the CPP on? I have played too much of RE4 to start aiming with the right stick now!

I'm not sure it will be very practical to shoot... and the CPP controls aren't really customizable once you choose this option. ( apart from inverting the camera/shooting axis)

I played a lot of RE4 and I'm now accustomed to this type of control which is very close to all the other 3rd person shooters out there. ( I'm not fan of the first person view for shooting, so I use the 3rd person)

I played until chapter 03 today, and I still enjoy it very much... Still very impressed by the 3D effect, and the story is nicely told.

Grisby

Is the street pass stuff absolutely needed to unlock things? I live in a very, very small town. It would be a shame to have that requirement.

hayejin

I played until chapter 03 today, and I still enjoy it very much... Still very impressed by the 3D effect, and the story is nicely told.

The wait is killing me. My tax return will be filed later today (after 11 am cut off today to receive refund by Feb 1st) so I have both this game and my refund to look forward to on Feb 7th.

Alrus

Has anyone used the Circle Pad Pro yet? Is it possible I can just use it as a grip of sort without having to actually have it on?

For games that support it I assume you'll be fine. But one of the trigger button will not work if you're using it with games that don't support the thing.

No. You can also use play coins from the pedometer.

What if your'e lazy and don't walk, can you "pretend to walk"

As in shake the system to imitate walking? and get coins that way?..

I usually just use my 3ds in the house, whilst sitting on the sofa whilst my missus hogs the tv, its a genuine question dammit :D

Sinthetic

What if your'e lazy and don't walk, can you "pretend to walk"

As in shake the system to imitate walking? and get coins that way?..

I usually just use my 3ds in the house, whilst sitting on the sofa whilst my missus hogs the tv, its a genuine question dammit :D

Yeah it works, shake till your heart is content.

Sounds good in theory but in practise I'd much, much rather walk than just shake the system by hand. Shaking is boring, walking is refreshing.

To be granted I will make the effort to walk with my 3ds... now that I have the case and screen protectors I feel better

Got my copy+circle pad.

The circle pad is awful and really uncomfortable.

Got through the first episode and I don't think I will use the add-on for the rest of the game.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Didn't see it.

Anyway, I got the game a day early in Japan and beat it in about 8.5 hours. This is definitely the real deal as far as a mainline RE goes.
This is encouraging ; ) How do you feel about RE5?

Curufinwe

and i'm out of here until this comes out next months here in US land :) have fun Europe! enjoy getting a Resident Evil before America. i used to live in the UK and had to import RE:make and Zero for the Cube, so I don't begrudge you getting this one first.

As a former PAL gamer now living in America, I endorse this message.

I'm still waiting to see if a new version of the 3DS gets announced prior to E3, but when I do eventually get a 3DS I will buy RER along with it. Assuming it remains an exclusive.

Grisby

Didn't see it.

Anyway, I got the game a day early in Japan and beat it in about 8.5 hours. This is definitely the real deal as far as a mainline RE goes.
I literally just realized the 'cvx' in your name probably stands for 'Code Veronica X'.

Off topic I know but damn if that isn't my mind blown moment for today. Continue on your way folks and leave me in my own nuclear bubble.

Jenga

Banned
I'm actually pretty interested in the game. When I get around to buying a 3DS this will definitely be among the first titles I pick up.

Tarin02543

Damn, definitely picking this up Friday evening. Have a nice horror weekend to look forward to :)

Could this be another RE4 in the making?

Got it today, so far played 3 hours and loving it, the only things to complain are the low quality of the cutscenes (prerecorded videos) and some slow downs, but they are only when you are on a elevator of waiting a door to open because the game is loading the next area.

Pretty amazing game.

Top Bottom