• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

And so I sit and wait for the postman to arrive with my game. Sods law is that this is one of the days where Royal Mail decide to turn up at 4 in the afternoon rather than in 11 in the morning.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My copy just arrived at home, but I'm at work. Not too bad, I'll find it waiting for me once back home! ALL NIGHT LONG, baby!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Good for the CCPro being sold out, maybe western sales won't be bad afterall :p

beje

Banned
My CCPro bundle was dispatched today from Zavvi so with a little luck, I might get it delivered on Saturday. For some insight, I preordered it more than one month ago when they made the mistake of pricing it the same as the standalone game so probably they are dispatching on a first come first serve basis.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Shit starting to worry , maybe I should have held onto the Zavvi Pre-order....sod it Amazon will come through if not I will cry

My Zavvi pre-order (made on 17 December last year) dispatched today, so I should have it by the weekend - just in time to use the code for my free KI 3D Classic download ;-)

Zavvi go! Despatched and they say it will arrive in 2-3 weekdays. I doubt it...

But who is in to play some Mercs 3D tonight to pass the time?

3394 3575 4066

moozoom

Got the game yesterday, but only had the time to play the First chapter...

So far I love it, perhaps the most impressive thing for me is the 3D effect in the game and in the cutscenes. Depending on the games, I play with 3D off or with the 3D slider in the middle position, but in this game I really enjoy it and I even changed the 3d depth in the options to max. There is some slight ghosting with the combo bright lights/ dark rooms sometimes, but overall it's pretty incredible.

I used the circle pad to play, and even after playing the demo without (and it was fine), I like the feel of it. It's nice to strafe and aim freely. My gripe would be that the touch screen is hard to reach with my right thumb ( I don't have gigantic hands ) to activate the menu with the map. To change weapons and reload them I use the cross or the Y button, so it's not really an issue to not be able to do it on the touchscreen.

The character models are really nice, and I'm surprised with the amount of special effects they managed to add to the graphics. I'm playing it slow, scanning everything, and the fewer monsters / scary noises add to the survival-horror feel in the beginning.

They translated everything in many languages for the Pal version, and they still kept the japanese voices available. (Proof that you can localize a game for europe without cutting half of it, like some do )

The missions are a nice touch, this is like an achievement system which gives you some bonus items and weapons to use in the game. Some are quite easy : scan a particular item and get a bonus green herb, but most are more demanding
(scan all the monsters in the game etc... )

Hope to have some time to play further today...

That would be the first time any game links substantial unlocks with streetpass. I support that, but I wonder how much of a disadvantage that'll be for people that have no luck with streetpass.

Shinobi also did this - there was a StreetPass Challenge Rooms section. One hit kills you and it was in a VR like environment. You could alternatively unlock them for 20 Play Coins a piece.

I played the demo over this past weekend, and was pretty impressed. The 3D worked very well for me, although I dialed it back from the strongest setting. Controls felt fine. I completely missed the scanner on the first run through - I thought that door looked way too big and important, so I decided to explore upstairs first. Also tried a quick run on hell mode, and died at the first enemy. Played again and made it about half way.

Already have the game fully paid off and pre-ordered. Can't wait for next month.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Good for the CCPro being sold out, maybe western sales won't be bad afterall :p

I've got a feeling this thing's going to be red hot. In the US, only Gamestop's carrying the it, so how many can each store possibly receive?

Sure RE is doable without it, but from watching videos the game is far smoother to play with the CPP. Plus it'll be great t have for Metal Gear, MH, and other future titles that will no doubt be using it.

Mafro

Can't see anywhere in the options that lets you spend coins instead of using StreetPass to unlock those missions. Presumably there's another way...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sure RE is doable without it, but from watching videos the game is far smoother to play with the CPP.
Only if you want to play it f/tps style (and happen to not like gyro controls). Many don't like that though, I play RE with the tank controls with a 360 controller too, it makes it more unique as a series imo, even if you're technically a little gimped compared to the other control schemes, but as long as the game's playable like that it's not an issue, it would only be an issue if they had enemies and challenges that absolutely required that scheme to be beaten.

kanugo

Going to pre-order the game today locally. Don't know if I'll get the pack with the circle pad or the game alone with the special cover and circle pad alone.

Riposte

Is Hell accessible from the beginning?

On Hell mode or the hardest difficulty available, does your weapons/access to items scale poorly to enemies?

EDIT: The demo made it seem that with the scanner ammo will be somewhat plentiful and common once you obtain it. Is that the case in the full game?

cyGSvl.jpg

It begins.

teeny

Im greatly looking forward to this.

Im surprised to see all the hate against Zavvi. Ive ordered a tonne from there and, most of the time, I get it release day / day after release. Never had an issue. But then, Ive never had to deal with their customer service, either.

Shopto, comrade. I recommend them.

Yeah I don't know the ins and outs of why they are banned on here, but I always get my Shopto games next day... (I live in Northern Ireland).. I even got a copy of Tales of the abyss from them when they got them back in stock last week, ordered it and it arrived next day..

And preorders always arrive early

Plasma

Banned
My copy came this morning and I'm liking what I've played so far seems like a good blend of action and horror that RE5 didn't really have.

Went to the store and got the game, with the CPP.

As I already stated my opinion of the demo, the only new thing I can say is the the castillian spanisg dub is EXCELLENT. On par with the dubs that ubisoft and EA usually do, as those are the best spaninsh dubs you can get in the videogame industry here.
The voice of Jill is amazing (Mar Bordallo FTW) and the voice of the new guy is also really good, I know I have heard his voice somewhere but really dont remember now.

I still need to play with the CPP, as you need to unscrew the battery and it was a hassle.

Does anyone think that if this game is successful that they might continue the revelations formula (a return to the older build up frights) even if it was just for handhelds?

Top Bottom