• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

If i cancel my order of this game on amazon to get it early at a mom and pop, will I lose out on the $10 off coupon I got from ordering ffxiii-2? It was applied with a code as opposed to just automatically being attributed

Effect

Has anyone heard or read what the US preorder numbers on the game? Especially after the price drop?

I know it shot up the chart on Amazon.com when the price was dropped but that's just one location.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Absolutely, demand isn't really huge at all. It's just another case of Nintendo being afraid of a price drop.

So, according to you, how much the demand is, at least in Germany?

@HyperBitHero: Scary. And awesome.

Boerseun

Banned
I placed my order for this yesterday. I decided to go for the slide pad bundle, thinking I may as well give it a shot since it doesn't really cost that much more than the stand-alone game.

The thing that bothers me though is that Capcom is putting a lot of energy into making people aware that this game's story links to that of Resident Evil 5. In my opinion, the latter is a rather terrible action game with an almost non-existant (and yet badly told) story, and linking Revelations to it have actually made me think twice about making this purchase. If it wasn't for the numerous impressions coming out and stating how Revelations is a return to form for the series I wouldn't have bought it. Now I'm hoping that I am not dissappointed come next week. Although that seems unlikely if Gaf's reaction is anything to go by.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished chapter nine. I'm constantly impressed by this damn game. Maybe I'm enjoying it so much because I really disliked the demo and my expectations were very, very low, but yeah, this is the best Resident Evil experience I've had in years.

Is there any overlap in dev-team between this and RE6?

Played my first online Raid run. Pretty stable connection.

I've played over ten online co-op sessions and it's been fantastic every time.

Raid Mode is such a simple, cool idea. It's a great way of creatively implementing co-op into the "single-player" game without actually sacrificing the actual campaign. And, as far as dev time is concerned, it seems like it would be dead cheap to implement.

Play this mode, people. It's awesome.

This game is once again showing the flaws in Nintendo online system it’s hard to organise games when you can’t message anyone =/
Yeah, I contemplated using swapnote but then I realized that thing is not on OS level = I'll have to close the game and the recipient has to do the same. Saw weird playing a while ago but nothing I could do really. Nintendo fix that stuff, stat. Just implement a barebones swapnote to the friendlist, shouldn't be too hard - even for them.

Oh boy... foooouuund yoooouu

The first time around I evaded her and just ran back to the point where Parker met up with me. Then I remembered: she has the key. Fudge. So I went back and Parker wasn't a big help. I managed to scare her away about three times and she just keeps on eating bullets. I eventually died because I ran out of herbs :(

Any tips for beating this part?

Btw, Raide Mode is sweet. I'm lvl 12 right now. Need to play this online tonight.
Level 12? Man I need to do some catching up.

As for Rachel:
She is pretty easy if you have hogged your grenades, throw one and the falls down, also takes care of the grunts. Shoot her up and she'll escape to the next encounter. You can stagger her with gunfire too. I suggest using an MG, works best on her.

Famassu

Absolutely, demand isn't really huge at all. It's just another case of Nintendo being afraid of a price drop.
Wasn't Revelaitons the best-selling game in at least Italy? Sure, that doesn't necessarily mean the demand is huge or anything, but I guess that would imply that it's selling really well, especially if it's performing similarly elsewhere in Europe. And what does Nintendo have to do with Revelaitons being undershipped?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wasn't Revelaitons the best-selling game in at least Italy? Sure, that doesn't necessarily mean the demand is huge or anything, but I guess that would imply that it's selling really well, especially if it's performing similarly elsewhere in Europe. And what does Nintendo have to do with Revelaitons being undershipped?

It's been the best selling game in UK ( but with low numbers ), Spain, second in Germany just behind a The Sims 3 expansion. We haven't neither Italian nor French charts yet. However, I asked Shiggy just to understand if he means there is a good demand or not. It isn't huge, ok, but it seems it isn't even low.

And Nintendo is involved since it's the one publishing and distributing the game in Europe.

Shiggy

So, according to you, how much the demand is, at least in Germany?

Hard to say. I believe that the series isn't very big in Germany, the previous titles were rated 18+ and thus advertising was heavily restricted. In addition, awareness for Revelations is pretty low.
Had it been very high, we would've got a statement from either Nintendo or BIU.

It's a slow period so we can only say that there's high demand for the game compared to other titles that are out right now.
And you might be right be correct with saying that Nintendo is not entirely responsible for undershipping this title, retailers could've ordered more units in the first place. But still, they could've had additional stock ready for immediate dispatch. So I would still blame them.

DXV

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised one bit. The events of Revelations certainly sets up
Jessica & Raymond
to be prevalent bad guys in the future, though the whole
triple agent thing reminds me too much of Ada, who is also likely to appear in the China scenario in RE6
I imagine it's both
Ada and Jessica
, split them up between the two character stories.
Ada
has been in every single game that Leon has been in, I can't imagine them breaking that streak, and I can't imagine Chris being that aggravated over anything she has done.

Boerseun

Banned
Having been to two MediaMarkt today, I have the same impression. Lots of Mercenaries 3D lying around, not a single Revelation at either of them.

If I was in Germany I'd be going down to Saturn near the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. (You know what they say... "Geil ist geil!") I'm sure they'll have a stack of the things. In my experience Media Markt tends to be under-stocked in comparison, even on big titles like this one.

That makes perfect sense to me, because MediaMarkt and Saturn have no clue when it comes to *insert anything videogame related*. Business as usual.

You must be kidding. Which Saturn do you shop at?

last boss getting me every time.

I gotta nail this dodge technique. Sometimes I am pulling it off with ease, other times cant pull it off at all.

If I was in Germany I'd be going down to Saturn near the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. (You know what they say... "Geil ist geil!") I'm sure they'll have a stack of the things. In my experience Media Markt tends to be under-stocked in comparison, even on big titles like this one.

You must be kidding. Which Saturn do you shop at?

lol Mönckebergstrasse Hamburg near Haupbahnhof. Yes, the thing is huge. But it doesn't change the fact that the people working there are complete morons and the pricing is an insult (as in all german retail stores). Stocking is ok most of the time, pretty sure you can get the game there right now, if you don't know how to get it cheaper. There you'll pay €44,95 for all 3DS games. Some launch crap went down to €29,99 recently.

sphinx

the piano man
lol Mönckebergstrasse Hamburg near Haupbahnhof. Yes, the thing is huge. But it doesn't change the fact that the people working there are complete morons and the pricing is an insult (as in all german retail stores). Stocking is ok most of the time, pretty sure you can get the game there right now, if you don't know how to get it cheaper. There you'll pay €44,95 for all 3DS games. Some launch crap went down to €29,99 recently.

the only Saturn where I have found decent stock AND decent deals (sometimes) is the one in Alexanderplatz in Berlin, that's my favorite one.

Boerseun

Banned

I've picked up so many bargains at that Saturn store, it's crazy, and the people I've spoken to have never been anything but friendly and courteous. Maybe it has something to do with my not being a native German. My wife is, and she tells me I have an accent Germans find very charming. (lol)

the only Saturn where I have found decent stock AND decent deals (sometimes) is the one in Alexanderplatz in Berlin, that's my favorite one.

I've never been to Berlin. The above may be a reason to visit then. :)

hatchx

Banned
Just picked up my copy in Toronto, Canada.

Spelling mistake intact. Sort of happy about that, means it is sort of a collectable.

The mom and pop shop I picked mine up at had very few copies, maybe four or five.

Will post impressions later tonight. I'm a pretty hardcore RE dude so I'll be able to compare to any of the others in the series.

I've picked up so many bargains at that Saturn store, it's crazy, and the people I've spoken to have never been anything but friendly and courteous. Maybe it has something to do with my not being a native German. My wife is, and she tells me I have an accent Germans find very charming. (lol)

I've never been to Berlin. The above may be a reason to visit then. :)

May I ask where you're from, when buying videogames in Germany is bargain bin shopping for you?

Tremis

This man does his research.
Just picked up my copy in Toronto, Canada.

Spelling mistake intact. Sort of happy about that, means it is sort of a collectable.

The mom and pop shop I picked mine up at had very few copies, maybe four or five.

Will post impressions later tonight. I'm a pretty hardcore RE dude so I'll be able to compare to any of the others in the series.

Just PMed you about this. I'm interested in snagging one also, if possible.

Boerseun

Banned
May I ask where you're from, when buying videogames in Germany is bargain bin shopping for you?

I'm a Boer.

I should add, I found those bargains in the bargain bins (in the basement and on the ground floor), and every time I've visited Saturn they've had many bins with many bargains. Maybe I've just been lucky with timing my visits.

As an aside, the cheapest thing I have ever bought at Saturn was Dark Void on PC for ONE EURO. This was a month or two after release.

Penny Arcade wrote about Revelations, which is rare, I think. First time I recall Tycho admitting to being a Resident Evil fan:

I have no idea why it arrived, because we’re not on any Capcom list that I know of, but I’ve very nearly completed Resident Evil: Revelations over the last couple days. The main thing I am told you should avoid when discussing games are pronouncements of the form

If you like X, you should like B

because it’s reductive and lazy, etc. I used “et cetera” there because I was lazy, and I deployed the truncation because I am double, super lazy. Please try to act surprised. But I don’t think Revelations wants to be considered in some special light, and having progressed through the lion’s share of it, I don’t think it warrants it. I want to emphasize the extent to which this is not an insult.

I still like Resident Evil. I don’t know if this is normal anymore, but I do. I’ve been playing these games since they materialized as a vague homage to Alone In The Dark, all the way through internal turbulence, taste shifts in the industry, remakes, all of it. Resident Evil has a catechismal dialectic, even if the spell checker doesn’t recognize the word; it provides stimuli and I input the correct response. Its rod, and its staff, they comfort me.

I don’t wonder what it’s for, or what my relationship to it should be; it’s a good example of itself. If you like X, well… I’m sure you can take it from there.

Cels

AkwBiyOCAAAFezW.jpg:large

@Gamestop...guess REVELAITONS was the final version

Hit the first boss, the lead up was nice and creepy. He killed me on my first attempt, but I was quite enjoying it, even if it wasn't particularly new to the series.

Top Bottom