• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) real-time demo video

Wow, that is a super nice trailer.

I am really happy that this is both really nice looking and yet still obviously not prerendered CGI like people were suggesting. :lol

charlequin said:
Wow, that is a super nice trailer.

I am really happy that this is both really nice looking and yet still obviously not prerendered CGI like people were suggesting. :lol
The water is pretty ugly yeah.

Zeliard

That's an impressive little machine. I'm not a handheld guy at all (unless you count the iPhone), but temptation is setting in.

Nizz

Holy shit, that's how games will look on the 3DS? I've never owned a handheld in my life but I'm ready to get a 3DS as soon as they're out her in the US.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Wow, it looks so great.

The scary thing is that games will look far far better than this when developers get a good handle on the system.

Durante

Looks less impressive than the screen shots suggested actually. Quite poly starved at points, particularly considering that there are basically just 3 characters on screen.

I still wonder about the image quality of the screenshots and whether that is realtime.

Kaako said:
Is that really real-time?

Yep already confirmed, E3 attendees were able to manipulate the camera and 3D intensity. Two things completely impossible with video footage.

None of those effects are things that the PICA200 can't do in hardware.

Having said that, it looks absolutely fantastic. Lighting on par with early/lower tier 360 titles. The poly count isn't out of this world but its not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
That's some incredible AA for a handheld. Nice to see it won't have that same problem as the PSP .

Hunk?

re3dshunk.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
brain_stew said:
Yep already confirmed, E3 attendees were able to manipulate the camera and 3D intensity. Two things completely possible with video footage.

None of those effects are things that the PICA200 can't do in hardware.

Having said that, it looks absolutely fantastic. Lighting on par with early/lower tier 360 titles. The poly count isn't out of this world but its not something I'm going to lose sleep over.
Well damn...consider me impressed. I'll probably sell my old ds and buy this one instead.

mr_nothin

Banned
Believe it when I see it on the system. MGS4 TGS trailer was realtime too.....
Looks awesome but it looks leagues better than the other games they showed for the system so I'm a little skeptical.

This looks so much better than Kid Icarus that I have to be suspicious, like two different generations. I'll believe it when I see the actual game running. The first RE5 footage was also BS.

mr_nothin said:
Looks awesome but it looks leagues better than the other games they showed for the system so I'm a little skeptical.
Well it's an entirely empty environment

Realtime does not mean in-game

Yeah it's hard to believe that this is real-time, as much as I want to. The fact that the camera could be manipulated and 3D effect as well confirms it as being such, though? I could see it being real-time though, like people have said, amount of polys isn't insane but the shaders etc. are impressive. This should be in-line with and totally possible on the announced GPU?

brain_stew said:

I wouldn't say low end, it looks about similar to what i recall of Halo 2, Riddick and deus ex IW. Not too shabby at all.

Zeliard

revolverjgw said:
This looks so much better than Kid Icarus that I have to be suspicious, like two different generations. I'll believe it when I see the actual game running.

Well, Kid Icarus is putting a huge emphasis on tapping into the nostalgia factor, so they're only going to care about sprucing up those graphics up to a point.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
revolverjgw said:
This looks so much better than Kid Icarus that I have to be suspicious, like two different generations. I'll believe it when I see the actual game running. The first RE5 footage was also BS.
Kid Icarus focuses heavily on vast landscapes and fast paced action whereas this game seems to take place entirely in four foot wide corridors and almost pitch black rooms.

Durante

mr_nothin said:
Really, after seeing the video I have no problems at all believing that it's realtime (except the screenshot IQ). I'd be disappointed if the 3DS couldn't do that in realtime. The poly counts and texture resolution sit somewhere between PSP and Xbox1, and there's some nice but expected per-pixel lighting and shadow mapping. Nothing unbelievable at all.

On a big ship out in the ocean does feel harrowing and isolation that draws big fear in you. I got goose bumps already.

And i couldn't believe it that's real-time. Somebody pinch me just to make sure i'm not dreaming. :D

Top Bottom