• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) real-time demo video

wsippel

Banned
seady said:
....What if this is an on-rail shooter, just like Umbrella Chronicle?
I heavily doubt it - after all the other stuff that has been announced and shown, Capcom would be the laughing stock of the industry (similar to Take2 right now). I don't even think Cavia is behind this, which is too bad. I think only Cavia can do the franchise justice now that Mikami's gone. Because those guys are insane. And Resident Evil has to be insane. It takes insane people to create insane games. :lol

ILikeFeet

Banned
Green Scar said:
I hope they come out and say 'basically this is Resi 6' :lol

it's another Code: Veronica.

they should have announced Monster Hunter Portable 3 along with this (and canibalize the psp sales :p )

Medalion

Banned
Kayhan said:
'Only for the 3DS, bundled at US$249'

I.WOULD.LOVE.THE.MELTDOWNS.AND.BITTER.TEARS.
igdro819xnj.jpg

Nintencats 3DS new Mascot

Gravijah

ILikeFeet said:
you are getting it, but dogs are the priority as shown in the title: Nintendogs + Cats. see, even Nintendo acknowledges dogs' superiority

it's just easier to recreate the dumbness of dogs, cats are too intelligent to properly model.

Kayhan

Aeana said:
Why do you want so badly for the 3DS to fail?
Huh?

I hope that the 3DS is a glorious success. Kudos to Nintendo for pushing 3D into handheld gaming. I wish they had been even more agressive on tech even at higher cost.

I am simply poking fun at people who think it will launch at US$199.

Boney said:
It's funny because if somebody has any negative comments regarding Kinnect we're just trolls and fanboys to him.
Holy shit, people are projecting the wierdest shit on me :lol Where is this crap coming from.

I <3 Skittles

wsippel

Banned
Kayhan said:
I can believe this in real-time and gameplay. Based on the GPU-specs, this seems possible.
Why? The poly count isn't all that impressive. But Pica200 was designed to render realistic lighting, not to mention organic stuff like skin and hair, as efficiently as possible. What you see here is pretty much what the chip was built for.

Aeana

Kayhan said:
Huh?

I hope that the 3DS is a glorious success. Kudos to Nintendo for pushing 3D into handheld gaming. I wish they had been even more agressive on tech even at higher cost.

I am simply poking fun at people who think it will launch at US$199.

Holy shit, people are projecting the wierdest shit on me :lol Where is this crap coming from.

I <3 Skittles
And we all know what happened to the last handheld that launched at $250. I'm sure Nintendo does, too.

Gravijah

Aeana said:
And we all know what happened to the last handheld that launched at $250. I'm sure Nintendo does, too.

Well, hardware sales... PSP was no slouch, and it stood neck and neck with the Nintendo DS in the beginning.

wrowa

wsippel said:
Why? The poly count isn't all that impressive. But Pica200 was designed to render realistic lighting, not to mention organic stuff like skin and hair, as efficiently as possible. What you see here is pretty much what the chip was built for.
That's exactly what he said. More or less.

LiK

Aeana said:
I dunno, people are nuts for DS now. I remember that the imported Japanese DSis were being sold close to $400 and they actually sold out. Maybe Nintendo knows...

Kayhan

Aeana said:
You know what Aeana, I am just going to add you to the list :lol

The 3DS is super hot. iPhone-level hot. 3D baby! Nintendo can do US$249.

Aeana

Kayhan said:
You know what Aeana, I am just going to add you to the list :lol

The 3DS is super hot. iPhone-level hot. 3D baby! Nintendo can do US$249.
How many iPhone owners do you know who bought their phone unsubsidized?

wsippel said:

:lol Read again.

Mafro

Sammy Samusu said:
Now imagine it in 3D... OH GOD!

And I hope they will bring Monster Hunter Portable games to 3DS!
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Capcom are already working on it. A Monster Hunter game on 3DS is pretty much a certainty.

Kayhan

wsippel said:
'can', not 'can't'

wrowa

Gravijah said:
Well, hardware sales... PSP was no slouch, and it stood neck and neck with the Nintendo DS in the beginning.
That was before the DS suceeded in catering the casual audience. The PSP sold rather good, but more or less only to the "core audience". For people who don't usually pay attention to games it was way too expensive.

Which is exactly why it would be a stupid move from Nintendo to sell the 3DS for more than 200$. Something more expensive would be too expensive to reach the mass market, it'd probably be a successful core-device, but they would miss the casual audience; that audience which made the DS to the most sucessfull gaming device ever.

Nintendo can try to sell it for 250$, but thinking it well sell as good as the original DS line did just because the brand is strong, would be similar to Sony selling the PS3 for 600$ (a somewhat over-exaggerated comparison, but still similar)

Gravijah

wrowa said:
That was before the DS suceeded in catering the casual audience. The PSP sold rather good, but more or less only to the "core audience". For people who don't usually pay attention to games it was way too expensive.

Which is exactly why it would be a stupid move from Nintendo to sell the 3DS for more than 200$. Something more expensive would be too expensive to reach the mass market, it'd probably be a successful core-device, but they would miss the casual audience; that audience which made the DS to the most sucessfull gaming device ever.

Nintendo can try to sell it for 250$, but thinking it well sell as good as the original DS line did just because the brand is strong, would be similar to Sony selling the PS3 for 600$ (a somewhat over-exaggerated comparison, but still similar)

Trust me, I think it would be stupid for Nintendo to sell it at 249.99 too, but I also don't really see the PSP hardware as failing.

Boney

Banned
There certainly is a posibility that the 3DS launches at $250, no doubt about it, but it's also the same posibility that it'll be $200

Iwata has stated it'll be higher the DSi, that could mean higher than now, or after a price drop we don't know. I'm personally leaning towards $200, but $250 although pushing it, wouldn't surprise me.

It's different with the Wii, since people see more value in home consoles, because you only need one for multiplayer and parties. Since handhelds are more personal devices, charging that much money would be a mistake.

ILikeFeet

Banned
when the PSP first came out it was new and it had advantages over the DS. the PSP Go was just a PSP without UMD. I guess that is why it failed, cause people didn't have a reason go get this over the cheaper, UMD PSP.

Poyunch

ILikeFeet said:
it's another Code: Veronica.

they should have announced Monster Hunter Portable 3 along with this (and canibalize the psp sales :p )
Oh my gosh I didn't even think about this. It's perfect for the 3DS. What with the fireballs and tailwhips Monster Hunter games have.

Boney

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Oh my gosh I didn't even think about this. It's perfect for the 3DS. What with the fireballs and tailwhips Monster Hunter games have.
Only 1 analog :(
Hopefully they'll wise up and use Peace Walker type controls.

Aeana

Gravijah said:
Trust me, I think it would be stupid for Nintendo to sell it at 249.99 too, but I also don't really see the PSP hardware as failing.
I don't consider the PSP to be a failure, but it isn't a smashing success unless the category is "non-Nintendo handhelds." Developer support dropped off gradually, too, and it certainly isn't doing well in the west now. Nintendo is surely aiming for something a little better.

Let's be serious: the chances of the 3DS launching at above $200 aren't nil, and that's a little unnerving because I do feel like it would be a huge mistake. Everyone I've talked to has said they have no interest in paying over $200, and this applies to me as well.

Log4Girlz

Aeana said:
I don't consider the PSP to be a failure, but it isn't a smashing success unless the category is "non-Nintendo handhelds." Developer support dropped off gradually, too, and it certainly isn't doing well in the west now. Nintendo is surely aiming for something a little better.

Let's be serious: the chances of the 3DS launching at above $200 aren't nil, and that's a little unnerving because I do feel like it would be a huge mistake. Everyone I've talked to has said they have no interest in paying over $200, and this applies to me as well.

It would sell out at that price. While you and your buds are scoffing at the price and refusing to get one, there would be none to be had.

Aeana

Log4Girlz said:
It would sell out at that price. While you and your buds are scoffing at the price and refusing to get one, there would be none to be had.
I think it would sell really well to begin with at most price points. There are plenty of people who would buy one no matter the price. But they aren't most people, and that would only go so far.

Furret

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
the price of the XL is going to go down by the time this launches. I don't why you think that is unreasonable. Nintendo might as well wait to drop the price considering there is no date or price for the 3DS

I think it must be drugs.

The point is that Nintendo are happy to sell the XL - a six year old piece of technology that's only distinguishing features is that it's slightly bigger than the last one for $189.99.

And you clowns think that's the same price they're going to release a brand new portable that's vastly more powerful, does 3D and has tons of other extra features built-in?

And it's going to be limited in stock at Christmas.

I'm beginning to think $299.99 might be a more reasonable guess.

Boney said:
Only 1 analog :(
Hopefully they'll wise up and use Peace Walker type controls.

Oh dear. We're not going to go through this whole "where is second analog" thing two handheld generations in a row, are we? :lol

Kayhan

Aeana said:
I think it would sell really well to begin with at most price points. There are plenty of people who would buy one no matter the price. But they aren't most people, and that would only go so far.
And then Nintendo lowers price....

My US$249 prediction, that has you and others so riled up, is for LAUNCH, not for ever.

They left a lot of money on the table with Wii. Why repeat the mistake?

ILikeFeet

Banned
Furret said:
I think it must be drugs.

The point is that Nintendo are happy to sell the XL - a six year old piece of technology that's only distinguishing features is that it's slightly bigger than the last one for $189.99.

And you clowns think that's the same price they're going to release a brand new portable that's vastly more powerful, does 3D and has tons of other extra features built-in?

And it's going to be limited in stock at Christmas.

I'm beginning to think $299.99 might be a more reasonable guess.

I'm only medicated at nighttime <_< and I'm beginning to think you are Patcher

DataBot

Aeana said:

I have to agree with you.

1-D_FTW

Log4Girlz said:

It's gonna sell out at 250 too. And there's going to be profiteering on ebay. Does that mean they should sell it at 400? The higher you go, the few buyers there are that are willing to purchase. And the fewer there are, the quicker it stops selling without a price drop. They have to determine how much true demand there is, because launching at 250 and then having to price drop 4 months later only creates resentment (Plus, a lot of stores have 90 day return windows. So it creates a mess on that front with returns).

Pachter can eat a joystick about Nintendo leaving money on the table because of ebay. I sold my launch PS3 on ebay for 1999.99 (underpriced at 1999.99 with Immediate Payment to not get stiffed). So PS3 should have been the most popular console ever. And a bargain at 599.99. He needs to STFU about that ebay nonsense. He completely misses the point about how that's entirely unrelated to real supply and demand. It's only a tiny segment. But he's just a financial analcyst. Why should he understand something so basic.

Top Bottom