• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

Mr Swine

Banned
Now if they would just port Mercenaries 3D to consoles I'd be truly happy.

(I own Revelations and Mercs 3D on 3DS, for the record. I just want to play Mercs 3D on a console SO BADLY.)

Same here! I've played around 120 hours on Re:M3D xD would be fantastic on Wii U! Wish they could make a sequel on the 3DS

Both SFxT and MVC3 are on the system so capcom is clearly fine with vita ports

Didn't those 2 flopp really bad on vita? Like they both sold together 1/10 of what SSF4 on 3DS sold?

Same here! I've played around 120 hours on Re:M3D xD would be fantastic on Wii U! Wish they could make a sequel on the 3DS

Didn't those 2 flopp really bad on vita? Like they both sold together 1/10 of what SSF4 on 3DS sold?

No idea about the sales but I think MVC3 sold 200k according to npd. And that was a while ago.

jeremy1456

I seem to remember a ton of port... not begging, more like assumptions that this game would be on Vita as well. I remember certain members turning to insults because they were so sure of it.

Kinda funny looking back that it's the only system not getting it.

AzVal

It's even more cruel when one of the control layouts has allows you to move, shoot, and aim at the same time, but you have to use the face button to do the aiming.

On My first playthrough I was getting owned at sections because this, in another thread about this port someone mentioned the Gyro aiming I found it on the options and everything was gold since then. I am on a second playthrough in hell with CPadPro and still find the Gyro aiming most fast and precise, I hope the Wiiu has it if not pointers, besides the tablet as the Genesis could be very cool

This will be pretty much the only multiplatform game I ever buy for the Wii U due to the 2nd screen stuff carrying over.

am I missing something. this hasn't been confirmed and I have my doubts that capcom will want to go to the extra trouble of making that work on the u. I hope I'm wrong though, would buy it on the u in a heartbeat if it was a proper port and not a cash in like I suspect it will be.

Ghazi

This will be pretty much the only multiplatform game I ever buy for the Wii U due to the 2nd screen stuff carrying over.
Hopefully it's not too far behind in the graphics department compared to the 360/PS3 though that wouldn't keep me from buying it for the Wii U. I'm just going to wait for more footage until I make the decision to get this, which I'd only buy it for the Wii U because of the 2nd screen. If if had been a $20 eShop title like Resi4 was for the Xbox and PS3 I would've jumped on it in an instant.

Sandfox

This is kinda expensive for a port of a year old game that you can pick up for $20. I may pick up the PC version after this game bombs.

Now if they would just port Mercenaries 3D to consoles I'd be truly happy.

(I own Revelations and Mercs 3D on 3DS, for the record. I just want to play Mercs 3D on a console SO BADLY.)

What's so good about Mercs 3D? I'm genuinely asking. Isn't it just RE5 mercs with a few extra characters and costumes? Either way I'm expecting all of the Mercs 3D content to be ported to RE6 Mercs.

Ridley327

What's so good about Mercs 3D? I'm genuinely asking. Isn't it just RE5 mercs with a few extra characters and costumes? Either way I'm expecting all of the Mercs 3D content to be ported to RE6 Mercs.

It actually features some big changes, such as a vastly streamlined inventory system (ammo no longer takes up slots) and an EX difficulty that is essentially Mercenaries Turbo.

yurinka

Or maybe they just don't see the point.
In this case why to release it on WiiU if it has even worse sales?
There are more possible reasons, maybe they think this game doesn't performed properly on portables so they think it do a way better job in home platforms in order to be able to get profit for it.
Something related to what happened with RE4, they ported it to a lot of platforms, Capcom's favorite sport.

.la1n

With a May release I would expect this to be a good HD port. It's also Capcom so I will remains cautiously optimistic.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It actually features some big changes, such as a vastly streamlined inventory system (ammo no longer takes up slots) and an EX difficulty that is essentially Mercenaries Turbo.

Don't forget the equippable skills, too. Don't believe RE5 Mercs has that either (I haven't actually played RE5 Mercs yet, since you have to actually beat RE5 first, and that's proving...uh...difficult. In that I don't actually want to play the game. :lol).

Ridley327

Don't forget the equippable skills, too. Don't believe RE5 Mercs has that either (I haven't actually played RE5 Mercs yet, since you have to actually beat RE5 first, and that's proving...uh...difficult. In that I don't actually want to play the game. :lol).

I believe RE6 has skills, although I don't know if they work the same way.

Mercs 3D is generally a faster game than the other versions, which gives it a pretty unique feel compared to the other ones, especially since it does have to overcome the fact that there isn't a ton of brand-new content otherwise.

yurinka

MrDaravon

I was expecting a $30 download, not a $50 one lol. What the fuck are they thinking?

I do appreciate them offering it both retail and digital day one though, but that also means with that pricepoint that is just allowing me to rent it instead. I probably would have bit at $30 digital only. Also it does seem like this (at least in theory) will be great on the Wii U.

In this case why to release it on WiiU if it has even worse sales?
There are more possible reasons, maybe they think this game doesn't performed properly on portables so they think it do a way better job in home platforms in order to be able to get profit for it.
Something related to what happened with RE4, they ported it to a lot of platforms, Capcom's favorite sport.

Why are you comparing Wii U's sales to Vita's exactly?

yurinka

Not enough people bought a PSV. I'm the first to hate on Capcpom but you can't really fault them here.
In this case why do they release it for WiiU? Is not that it has a huge user base. It's a good reason, but I think there should be more to don't release it there. A MT multiplatform would be very cheap for them, and would have meant to get some benefit from Sony. Maybe they have some deal for portables with Nintendo, or bad relationship with Sony?
Why are you comparing Wii U's sales to Vita's exactly?
I think both have a very low install base, so I think it isn't the only reason about not releasing it on Vita. Historically Capcom never gave a shit about lower installbase, they supported had several systems with lower install base.

Top Bottom