• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

Lime

Are assets, e.g. textures and models, the same as the 3DS version or have Capcom actually done something for the game to deserve that price-tag?

Ridley327

Are assets, e.g. textures and models, the same as the 3D version or have the actually done something to deserve that price-tag?

The trailer has motion blur during the gameplay, and it sounds like Raid Mode got some rather big additions to it, with new weapons, mods, one new monster to play around with, and characters. I don't think it's worth $50, but I think everyone is a bit shocked that this is a retail release to begin with.

Are assets, e.g. textures and models, the same as the 3DS version or have Capcom actually done something for the game to deserve that price-tag?

I'm curious about this too... The game looks amazing on the 3DS because of the pixel density... I dunno about playing it on a 47" TV though...

At any rate, however, the game is definitely worth playing. It's one of the few games I couldn't put down until i was finished...

Riposte

additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series.

Hmmm! That's pretty interesting. I figure in the end Raid mode will still be impossible to enjoy with people of even levels, so I'm not really that interested. I think I'll just double dip on RE6 instead (it is the better game), I want to be there on day one to relive playing with noobs.

cvxfreak

Step one in washing RE6's horrible aftertaste out.

Quite an expensive port, but it looks to be the most substantial one Capcom has done since RE4 PS2.

moozoom

Not sûre I'll buy this again... Price is a little steep, but a good Wii U port and additions could sell it to me ( playable Barry Burton ?) I absolutely loved the challenge mode and the weapon collecting in the 3ds version.

This could be interesting. *sees price* This could have been interesting.

with it being a retail release, the price is guaranteed to drop within a couple of weeks 0 in the uk at least. would have preferred to own it digitally, but if I can get it from retail for £20, I'll jump on it.

Jawmuncher

with it being a retail release, the price is guaranteed to drop within a couple of weeks 0 in the uk at least. would have preferred to own it digitally, but if I can get it from retail for £20, I'll jump on it.

Oh so it is a retail release?
Assumed it was digital. Yeah I'll be able to wait for it to hit cheaper than.

cvxfreak

It's almost definitely not happening, but I wish Capcom would further justify the price and throw in Mercenaries 3D into the package with the same touchups. That version had a few gameplay improvements I would love to see on a console version.

Riposte

It's almost definitely not happening, but I wish Capcom would further justify the price and throw in Mercenaries 3D into the package with the same touchups. That version had a few gameplay improvements I would love to see on a console version.

Damn, now that would get me interested.

1358866987327.gif

WiiU version Day -1.

Oh so it is a retail release?
Assumed it was digital. Yeah I'll be able to wait for it to hit cheaper than.

yep.

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Resident Evil™ Revelations will release at retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows® PC and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console across North America on May 21st and Europe on May 24th 2013. The title will also be available to download digitally from the same dates on PlayStation®3 for €49.99 and Windows®PC for €39.99 with details on digital versions for Xbox 360® and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console to follow.

almost guaranteed to be available for half price within a couple / few weeks.

Ridley327

But how would they be able to sell that for $50 on its own then?!

This is an excellent idea.

FLAguy954

I also would like them to upgrade Mercenaries 3D's control scheme on the eShop 3ds version (or just announce Mercenaries 3d 2 at E3 ^^).

Akkad

Banned
Will get it for 75% off during eventual Steam sale? Was the game any good, because 5 and 6 have been garbage.

Cels

the price seems a little high. i'll wait for a sale, but probably buying it at some point.

is residentevil.net their battle.net (integrated community platform) or is it just a side site that might be worth going to once just for kicks and never coming back again?

Ridley327

the price seems a little high. i'll wait for a sale, but probably buying it at some point.

is residentevil.net their battle.net (integrated community platform) or is it just a side site that might be worth going to once just for kicks and never coming back again?

I think it's more the former than the latter; I know that there was some stuff you could unlock in RE6 by registering an account with it, and I imagine they'll probably do the same again. Maybe they'll have one of the Missions be "synch with RE.net" and you'll get something for it, like a Raid Mode character.

Ridley327

What was the touchscreen used for in this game?

It was largely just for inventory management, but all of the puzzles in the game used it. The good news is there's about six puzzles in the entire game, and they're over and done with in less than 10 seconds a piece.

Ridley327

Looks like they just posted it on the PS Blog.
PS Blog: Resident Evil Revelations Creeps to PS3 May 21 with New Features

Probably won't pick up til it gets a price drop. Haven't even grabbed RE6 yet.

What’s new to the package? On top of the core campaign and co-op RAID mode experience we’re adding new character costumes and new playable characters and features to RAID mode, providing an even higher difficulty mode called “Infernal Mode” for RE ninjas, adding a new enemy to the mix and randomized positions for all enemies, reduced load times, more save slots, more weapon customization parts, more character skills, ResidentEvil.net integration/unlockables, completely reworked visuals, and of course lest we not forget the fact that you’ll get to play all of this in high definition in the comfort of your own home on PS3.

New costumes has me hopeful that we'll get some actual costumes this time, rather than just reusing the campaign models. The mind wonders just how much more outrageous they'll make Jessica look.

ding ding ding

All indications at this point are that Capcom doesn't see Vita as a viable enough platform to justify even multiplatform support. When they actually announce something for it, maybe I'll reconsider that.

Both SFxT and MVC3 are on the system so capcom is clearly fine with vita ports

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Now if they would just port Mercenaries 3D to consoles I'd be truly happy.

(I own Revelations and Mercs 3D on 3DS, for the record. I just want to play Mercs 3D on a console SO BADLY.)

omonimo

Banned
we not forget the fact that you’ll get to play all of this in high definition in the comfort of your own home on PS3.
Yup, poor 3DS owners, they have play it in the middle of the street because most of them are homeless.

After 6, I just really don't care for another Resident Evil right now. Can't believe I feel this way as Resident Evil is such a beloved franchise to me. I don't really care for Jill, and I don't really care for the story. Eh, I know I'll get it but I'm just not excited. I'll be busy with The Last of Us.

Top Bottom