• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

Neiteio

I really liked the game on 3DS (well the boat parts at least) but the controls weren't suited very well for a handheld unless you had the frankenstick. I can't wait to give it another go on PC I just wonder how much of a visual upgrade it will get.
The "Frankenstick" is only used for swiveling the camera -- which is easy to do simply by touching the touchscreen. The game otherwise controls like RE4, which was single-stick and worked fine. The shoulder buttons allow you to strafe, but it still uses one stick.

wanna get this support the more 'traditional' style RE... but I already watched the whole game on a Let's Play since I don't have a 3DS and have no intent to buy one. :(

Some parts (i.e. being spammed by Hunters) looked like a real pain in the ass to actually play.

Damn, this was the only game on the 3DS that really interested me. Love OoT but I completed it like 10 times already. Would buy Mario if I had the system, but not getting the system for it.
Going to get Revelaitons for 360 then. Thanks Capcom!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Extra difficulty mode sounds good too. Hopefully this has some real bite. How challenging did the game get?

Price doesn't bother me too much. Capcom seems on board with Steamworks now, can pick up a key off GMG or Amazon for cheap soon after launch.

wanna get this support the more 'traditional' style RE... but I already watched the whole game on a Let's Play since I don't have a 3DS and have no intent to buy one. :(

Some parts (i.e. being spammed by Hunters) looked like a real pain in the ass to actually play.
They are, which makes all the "return to form" claims all the more ludicrous.

VICI0US

already own for 3DS and with that price I won't be double dipping anytime soon.

still, definitely recommend it for anyone who hasn't played, a much better RE than either 5 or 6 were IMO.

Wohoo! Absolutely LOVED it for 3DS, and was just starting a second playthrough on hard mode. Guess that's off the table now as I'll be getting it for Wii U - awesome!

Hmm, doesn't look like much of an improvement over the 3DS version in any way save the obvious. I'd have expected self-shadowing, at least...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
<regarding Wii U ports of PS360 games>

"We at Capcom want to look forward, not backwards." -Sven

<proceeds to announce 3DS port>

capcom_troll.png

PC version is nice to see though, might get that one.

FloatOn

are we sure this is coming to Steam? the "windows" thing is kind of off putting. I hope it's not a windows store exclusive or something.

Spiegel

It's a full Resident Evil game that's only one year old, were people really expecting Capcom to release it for $15?
The 3DS game is still pretty much full price everywhere here in the UK.

It will be 16 months when it's released

Meanwhile Konami gave us MGS2, 3 and PW for aprox. the same price after aprox. the same time.

Surprised It's getting released on so many platforms, that's always a good thing I suppose though. Never really got most of the praise for this game though, for the first few hours it was somewhat atmospheric but soon descended into a mess of endless enemy encounters and hunter spamming. It was just as much of a shooter as 5 but with a severely reduced melee system. Plus with so many of the enemies being...blobby the hit detection was pretty much non existant. I honestly think Resident Evil 6 was a much better game but I'm one of the crazies who thought it was one of the best games of last year :D Wonder if the PC version will get DX11 features.

Will get for the expanded raid mode if nothing else, and It's not like I thought it was a bad game by any means. Just not the return to roots so many people praise it as being.

Valnen

Will get PS3 Disk release in the US and the steam version. Triple dipping, Capcom deserves all the money for this game.

Will rebuy on Wii U if pointer controls are there.
If the WiiU version offers pointer controls I might just double-dip, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Same here for me. Pointer controls warrant a second buy. Hopefully the retail version sees some nice price drops since there is no way in hell I want to buy digital on a Nintendo home console.
Wii U too?
Surprising after all these "Capcom test game" on Wii.
I think Capcom knows these "tests" can't continue. If you pair their horrible string of fuckups since SFxT last year with their "test" fiasco on Nintendo home consoles they'd be getting screamed at from every angle possible. No way they want that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The new enemy.

re_rev_announcement_07iu1d.jpg

gerudoman

I think the point is you paid 42&#8364; for less characters and difficulty modes.

At least the 3DS version had adequate graphics for the system. If you're going to port a handheld game to a vastly superior system making only minor changes at least try not to charge more than the price of the 3DS version...

dab0ne

I'll get it on Vita but until then I'll wait for the Steam Sale.

At least the 3DS version had adequate graphics for the system. If you're going to port a handheld game to vastly superior system with minor changes at least try not to charge more than the price of the 3DS version...

This!

At least when GTA Liberty City and Vice City stories were ported to PS2 from the PSP they only cost $20. Get it together Capcom.

Top Bottom