• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

Can't wait. I would have already bought this for 3DS if I had seen it on stores. For some reason it's really hard to find around here. Now I'm glad it is.

Katyusha

Never picked up Revelations despite owning a 3DS, might be getting the PC port.

1080p and 5.1 surround sound, fuck yes!

Ridley327

$50, huh.

I guess Capcom really has faith in RE:ORC and RE6 not poisoning the well enough for this to be a retail release. Only time will tell!

Surprised to see any new content, though, especially with the achievements not hinting at any.

liger05

I'll get the wii u version when its £25 max. No way I'm paying full price for this. I loved it on the 3DS but I aint that desperate for a console version.

omonimo

Banned
RbldZxc.jpg

Wow. What a load of shit.

Dat shotgun ps2 texture.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They weren't even obligated to put in any extra content to begin with, be happy you're seeing the game at all on other platforms.

They're obligated to do more than a barebones portjob if they want my money, lol. Especially since the original game can be found for $30 and below at places.

Didn't Sven say a long time ago on the ask capcom forums that there would never be a port of Revelations for Vita...he sure didn't lie!!!!

KuGsj.gif

Neiteio

I'll probably be called biased for saying this, because LOL RER AVATARZ, but... I think the screens look great. It's crisp, it's clear, it's atmospheric, and just as the actual 3DS game looks better in motion, I'm sure the same will be the case here. Perhaps we'll get a higher frame rate, too.

The funny thing is I found ORC has better controls, really.

Such a statement really blows my mind given I think RE6 has the best movement system in any shooter game other than Vanquish but I suppose It's best not to clog this thread up with RE6 discussions and defenses.

Oh yeah Capcom said no late ports for Wii U too...
LIAR!

Didn't they say there would be an exception or two? Perhaps I'm imagining that though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
About Wii U SKU, I'm expecting a copy and paste of the touch screen setup for the Game Pad, in the same way as MH3U

And yet yall bought RE6 and ORC for $60.

Bye.

iRreUusEvBFjL.gif

I didn't buy those games anyway. But regardless, this is a year late handheld to console port of a game that's been available for next to nothing in bargain bins across the country for months now. Mass Effect is "Good" too, doesn't make EA's pricing on their late ports any less insane.

Davey Cakes

Why capcom has never released RE0 & Rebirth? It's really bizarre, they love easy money so much.
I still have my GC versions of both, but I gave my Wii away when I got the Wii U, so I can't even play them anymore.

To be honest I actually want ports of those games. o_O

vg260

Gah. Microsoft needs to get day-1 digital going now. The 3 month wait is stupid. Pretty much losing potential sales. PC it is then, but only at a discount or sale. Was expecting $40 at most.

Comparing RE6 to ORC seems a bit much, the latter truly is a horrid game. And given I've spent around 60 hours with RE6 (Spent quite a bit of time with Mercs and Agent Hunt Mode) I think I certainly got my money's worth. Not to say that time spent with a game is an indication of a game's quality on Its own of course. People that exaggerate RE6's flaws make me sad :/ This generation's God Hand!
I don't have enough "lols" for this. God Hand would be here with us today if it could have sold 1/5th of what RE6 shipped worldwide. They're not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to being under appreciated or misunderstood.

wrowa

When I saw the price I was like "cool, apparently they put a lot of effort into this port!" ... and then I read the PR and saw the trailer. :(

Revelations is a great game, especially in multi player. So I can only strongly recommend it to everyone who hasn't played it yet. But it's sad to see Capcom half-assing this release. Should have been either a 20$ download or a 50$ game with overhauled graphics...

I really enjoyed it on my 3DS and started replaying it on a harder difficulty when I got my XL. I wont be buying it at launch but it's good enough that I might pick it up further down the road.

I don't know if other people will find it scary but I jumped very noticeably when playing the game with my headphones on in my office. I am easily startled.

Vlaphor

Hmm. I could pick up the 3ds version for about $16 today, and I did just get a new 3dsxl...but I also want it on my PC, but not for that price. Kind of conflicted here.

wrowa

I liked the 3DS version. That said it’s going to be strange for the people that played RE:6 to then play this game.

Suddenly they are going to experience a good game! :eek:

Though, I doubt many people will pick this up in this state and after Capcom burnt people with RE:ORC and RE6.

I actually liked RE6 more than Revelations.

For those who haven't played it, Revelations feels like a cross between RE4 & the older RE games except not quite as good as either. Definitely better than RE5 though. And the unlockable mode, Raid is the best unlockable mode in the entire series.

Definitely worth a purchase if you like the series and don't have a 3DS but I'm not planning on double-dipping.

Ridley327

Going by the trailer, it looks like they've at least added motion blur to the gameplay, which wasn't present in the 3DS game, outside of the pre-rendered cutscenes. So there's that, I guess?

Top Bottom