• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

haikira

Opposite of the general opinion around here, i actually think graphically, it looks fine. Considering what it is and also compared to Peace Walker HD.

Then again, Peace Walker HD is 11.99GBP on the UK store. Which i'm guessing is about 15 Euro? It also runs at 60FPS. Whereas i'm guessing RE:R will be 30?

The price isn't great, but I'll probably pick this up around release, as long as The Last of Us is the only heavy hitter out in may.

Payed 25€ for the 3DS version and already played it for about 60 hours. I don't expect any additional content that could make up for full price, but I might check it out in a year or so when it's much cheaper.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Which is good, the game is fantastic and didn't need any major changes.

It needed a lot more enemy variety. Raid Mode helps in this respect, but it's still just variations on the same few enemy types over and over again.

wrowa

Not shocking but it's coming to everything...even wii u. Seems strange not to have a quick and easy Vita version.

It might be safe to say that there's a handheld exclusivity deal going on between Capcom and Nintendo.

Wii U version is not really surprising, though. It uses MT Framework and the engine is already running on Wii U (see MH3U), so why wouldn't they port it? Easy money.

daakusedo

Another hard mode could be good if it was the hell mode from the 3ds demo that was cut from the game. I still remember the shock when three monsters jumped out of the elevator when there should be no one.

I don't have enough "lols" for this. God Hand would be here with us today if it could have sold 1/5th of what RE6 shipped worldwide. They're not even in the same stratosphere when it comes to being under appreciated or misunderstood.

Not a 1:1 comparison of course, just mean in the sense of a game being knocked off for people not understanding or appreciating the complexity of the systems in place. And reviews unfairly maligning systems they didn't really spend enough time getting to grips with. I certainly wish God Hand was still with us though!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The trailer is doing an awful job of selling it, people are way better off watching some of the 3DS footage and telling themselves it's gonna be like that but in higher resolution and smoother frame rate etc. It can't be a worse game than RE6, that's for sure.

Esura

Banned
If you paid $60 dollars for RE6 which is a bad game, I don't see the problem of paying $50 for a superior game..

Because Revelations isn't superior to RE6 Malv. It doesn't have anything on RE5 either. I could have a field day ripping into Revelations.

depend of the extra content Esura. We don't know how much is in it.. Now I am willing to double dip.. :D

I want Jill in a school girl outfit. Only way I'll buy this game again.

Not to happy with the price on the consoles, but still will probably be picking up. It will be interesting to see how it sales.

Malvingt2

Because Revelations isn't superior to RE6 Malv. It doesn't have anything on RE5 either. I could have a field day ripping into Revelations.

I want Jill in a school girl outfit. Only way I'll buy this again.

We disagree in this one and wut? School girl outfit? :D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'll probably be called biased for saying this, because LOL RER AVATARZ, but... I think the screens look great. It's crisp, it's clear, it's atmospheric, and just as the actual 3DS game looks better in motion, I'm sure the same will be the case here. Perhaps we'll get a higher frame rate, too.
60fps + gyro controls and I'll hand capcom the money.

Wow, I was fully expecting this to be digital only, at least outside of Japan like the RE4/CVX HD & The Chronicles games were. Will definitely double dip.

wrowa

As they should. A handheld game is never worth $50, let alone one that came out a long time ago. They're not adding nearly enough to charge full price and not $20.
A game's quality is measured by which plattform it was released on? That's bullshit. I put 40 hours into the 3DS version, that's more than enough to charge 50$ for.

The problem in this case is not that it was a 3DS game, but that it's offering not enough for a year old port.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
As they should. A handheld game is never worth $50, let alone one that came out a long time ago. They're not adding nearly enough to charge full price and not $20.
It has the production value, content, and length of the other console REs. let's not forget to mention that it's leagues better than RE 6. Sure, the game shouldn't be priced this high but it has nothing to do with it being a handheld port and everything to do with it being a late port. Should be 30 dollars.

kunonabi

Which is good, the game is fantastic and didn't need any major changes.

It needs to overhaul the chapter system, beef up hell mode back to what it was in the demo, and tweak the weapon upgrades.

It's far too easy to just run past everything, take a couple hits(if you manage to screw up your dodges), finish the stage and just get your health back at the start of the next chapter.

The difficulty in general is too low and the ammo/enemy placement could use some work. I didn't even scan anything and I still had a surplus of ammo for everything.

The handgun is way too overpowered once you start upgrading it. Hunters shouldn't be going down like flies against a dinky little pistol.

SykoTech

If you paid $60 dollars for RE6 which is a bad game, I don't see the problem of paying $50 for a superior game..

I'll never understand this "logic". Most people think Journey was better than every game released in 2012. That doesn't mean that they should have been okay with paying $50 for it or something.

Quality alone doesn't determine what people are willingly to spend, especially since its largely subjective. It's perfectly reasonable for people to see $50 for a year late 3DS port to be too much.

Top Bottom