• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - News and Info Thread

I love railshooters/lightgun games/ guided first person experiences. I just hope this turns out good. Out of all the railshooters I've played, Umbrella Chronicles was definitely was the weakest. It just felt so boring. Though, I do see that game as a test...and this is the REAL game we're getting. And this game will probably sell too.

I played House of the Dead Overkill and Dead Space Extraction earlier this year, and they were fantastic games, which I'd like to see do well. Last I heard, Overkill was on track outsell 2 and 3 returns (1 million), but it looks like Extraction completely bombed. Such a damn shame too, because it was fantastic! Unfortunately, it seems Dead Space Extraction was a test and EA will probably be cutting mature-oriented support from the platform.

I have no doubt that Darkside Chronicles will sell though. It seems this time, Capcom deserves it.

Sadist

Rush2thestart said:
I played House of the Dead Overkill and Dead Space Extraction earlier this year, and they were fantastic games, which I'd like to see do well. Last I heard, Overkill was on track outsell 2 and 3 returns (1 million), but it looks like Extraction completely bombed. Such a damn shame too, because it was fantastic! Unfortunately, it seems Dead Space Extraction was a test and EA will probably be cutting mature-oriented support from the platform.

I have no doubt that Darkside Chronicles will sell though. It seems this time, Capcom deserves it.
What?

I only heard it performed well in Europe and it kind of underperformed in America.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
cvxfreak said:
Particularly, those who disliked UC's zombie reactions, fixed-pace gameplay, difficulty with head shots, and inconsistent visuals will find their complaints addressed.

Woot.

duckroll said:
It might be the end of RE Chronicles, but there's still hope for:

- Onimusha Chronicles
- Dino Crisis Chronicles
- Devil May Cry Chronicles

DMC Chronicles would probably be a lot more arcadey than UC/DSC, and perhaps more fitting for the genre...

Nemesis_

- Onimusha Chronicles
256px-SWK_front_cover.jpg

Sadist said:
What?

I only heard it performed well in Europe and it kind of underperformed in America.

Yeah it underperformed in America at first, but I guess the sales picked up after they dropped the price. Don't remember where I heard it from though: an NPD insider or a Sega interview.

I do know for a fact that Sega themselves said the game was profitable, so it was a success.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So hows the framerate looking at this point?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I haven't been following this game, who are the composers again?

I'm pretty sure Takada and Fukuda aren't involved, right?

edit: So it's Uchiyama and some dude i've never heard of. After playing PN03, at least I know it'll be atmospheric.

cvxfreak

Why would I wanna rebuy those games when NSMB Wii comes out that day? :D

Not buying. Really!

Collector's Package pre-ordered on Amazon JP!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dresden said:
I wish they had used the awesome, jackass Leon from RE4 instead of the dull, stoic Leon from Degeneration.

...Leon was dull and stoic in RE4. He had a few cheesy one-liners though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So fyi, Capcom's spendin' some money on this one.

OOH campaign must have started today, I saw a bunch of subway 1-sheets in NYC on my ride home.

Couldnt take a pic, but it's a cute girl sitting on her couch using the Wii Zapper to shoot at a zombie on the livingroom TV. Her boyfriend evidently has since turned INTO a zombie and decided he was hungry, as he's sitting next to her on said couch about to jump on her for a snack, holding a wii mote (wrist strap is on!). This is what happens when girls play games... no one cooks! Guys gotta eat.

Oddly enough... the girl has a stupid grin on her face.

The tagline is "Let your darkside out" or something like that

John Harker said:
So fyi, Capcom's spendin' some money on this one.

OOH campaign must have started today, I saw a bunch of subway 1-sheets in NYC on my ride home.

Couldnt take a pic, but it's a cute girl sitting on her couch using the Wii Zapper to shoot at a zombie on the livingroom TV. Her boyfriend evidently has since turned INTO a zombie and decided he was hungry, as he's sitting next to her on said couch about to jump on her for a snack, holding a wii mote (wrist strap is on!). This is what happens when girls play games... no one cooks! Guys gotta eat.

Oddly enough... the girl has a stupid grin on her face.

The tagline is "Let your darkside out" or something like that

I just saw a few today when I took Bart in San Francisco.

Pennywise83 said:
The launch trailer:

Great trailer, but did anyone else notice...
that Alexia transforms into her first form when she fights Chris and Claire at the end of the game. Maybe they have cut her encounter with Wesker in the mansion replica. I know the scene was cheesy, but it was my favorite scene in CVX, and if its gone im going to be disappointed.

After UC, Capcom would be hard-pressed to get me to purchase this one.

I've seen the pics and videos, and I've yet to see how DC is a significant improvement over its predecessor.

cvxfreak

1138 said:
Great trailer, but did anyone else notice...
that Alexia transforms into her first form when she fights Chris and Claire at the end of the game. Maybe they have cut her encounter with Wesker in the mansion replica. I know the scene was cheesy, but it was my favorite scene in CVX, and if its gone im going to be disappointed.

I don't think that's what occurred.
Normal Alexia is shown, but then the editing work next shows Leon and Claire, before showing mutated Alexia.

cvxfreak said:
I don't think that's what occurred.
Normal Alexia is shown, but then the editing work next shows Leon and Claire, before showing mutated Alexia.

I rewatched the trailer, and it looks like what you said is true. It seems like the game will have high quality CG sequences this time, so it would be a shame if they had cut the scene.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Phife Dawg said:
People need to reconnect their Dreamcasts I guess (if they ever owned one).
Xbox was part of the same gen as Dreamcast. The point stands.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wark said:
Looks nice. :D
I'm not a fan of the headshot collage school of poster/package design, but I still like it.

TAJ said:
Xbox was part of the same gen as Dreamcast. The point stands.
It was? XBox was released like 3 years later. I think DC wasn't even in production anymore at the time XBox was released. That and the fact that XBox had distinct technical advancements over DC.

DC was a strange beast in the sense that it was released in-between gens (PS/N64 - PS2/Cube/XBox). The premise of PS2 was what held back DC imo (among other things of course).

So I think the point does not stand.

On topic: Nice trailer :D .

Top Bottom