• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 announced

Kaako

Felium Defensor
MrPliskin said:
:lol

Ted Price looks so dreamy in that photo!
Ted always looks dreamy. Hahaha Fersis bring the old avy back mayng. :D
When are they gonna show it though, when?

MrPliskin

Banned
Well, I'd assume that the next time we'll hear about it or see it will be at the VGAs.

James Stevenson spoke briefly about Resistance 3 playtests around the studio, and for that...

...I hate him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
UTl1p.png

hmmm, we need to analyze that picture and see what info about the game we can find. I can only assume that the big shape on the title screen
is the splatter Hale's brains left when Capelli put one in his dome...creepy huh?
Hey JS, get Ted on the horn and we'll do lunch; I'm free.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
For the love of god ditch the Halo style two weapon swap-out system and bring back the weapon wheel.

Or failing that I'd settle for 4 weapons of my choosing.

keuja

I don't know why people hate R2 so much.I loved it, especially the MP. With all the crazy weapons and huge level, I found it more fun than KZ2.
So R3 day one!

.la1n

keuja said:
I don't know why people hate R2 so much.I loved it, especially the MP. With all the crazy weapons and huge level, I found it more fun than KZ2.
So R3 day one!

you may find R3 disappointing then because I can assure you they won't release anything resembling R2 after the fan backflash.

.la1n said:
you may find R3 disappointing then because I can assure you they won't release anything resembling R2 after the fan backflash.
I don't know about that. I liked R2 and I think there are some things and mechanics that were in 2 that will still be around. I know there was backlash but the game was did much better critically than Rfom did. I don't think this is a total scrapjob.

Cornbread78

BobTheFork said:
I don't know about that. I liked R2 and I think there are some things and mechanics that were in 2 that will still be around. I know there was backlash but the game was did much better critically than Rfom did. I don't think this is a total scrapjob.

Absolutely, dispite teh hate, there were some great things they did with R2.

M3Freak

Banned
BobTheFork said:

You believed the game reviews?? WTF.

FAIL!

Fersis, wouldn't you know it, but I'm pretty late to this party. Was hankering for some nice sci-fi shooty-shoot, both offline and online, and realised "Hey, I really liked RFOM...a ton of people bagged R2, but it looks great and the multiplayer looks fantastic". Thus, it's coming in from Play-Asia as we speak.

Pretty excited for it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pylon_Trooper said:
Fersis, wouldn't you know it, but I'm pretty late to this party. Was hankering for some nice sci-fi shooty-shoot, both offline and online, and realised "Hey, I really liked RFOM...a ton of people bagged R2, but it looks great and the multiplayer looks fantastic". Thus, it's coming in from Play-Asia as we speak.

Pretty excited for it.
Send me a PSN Message if you want to play some Co Op.

R2 Co Op >>>>>>>>> R2 Competitive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> R2 Campaign.
(At least for me)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
Send me a PSN Message if you want to play some Co Op.

R2 Co Op >>>>>>>>> R2 Competitive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> R2 Campaign.
(At least for me)
Correct.

Melchiah

BobTheFork said:

Yes, but did it do better saleswise? I suspect no. And of course R2 did better critically, as it was an answer to those critics' complaints about RFoM. They got what they wanted, whereas the fans were ignored.

Cornbread78

Oneself said:
I thought a tiny little screenshot was leaked or something.

No. Nothing.

Yeah, we can only hope JStev. feels pity upon his loyal fans and gives us even a piece of concept art for the game......

Melchiah said:
Yes, but did it do better saleswise? I suspect no. And of course R2 did better critically, as it was an answer to those critics' complaints about RFoM. They got what they wanted, whereas the fans were ignored.
WEll I was under the impression that is DID sell better world wide just because Rfom was a launch title and didn't have the benefit of a bigger base.

BobTheFork said:
WEll I was under the impression that is DID sell better world wide just because Rfom was a launch title and didn't have the benefit of a bigger base.

Wiki has Rfom @ 2.5 million and the 2nd not even over a million for WW. Take it for what it's worth.

Yoshichan

BobTheFork said:
wow, I'm surprised. That's a hell of a drop.
Release title.

Massa

BobTheFork said:
wow, I'm surprised. That's a hell of a drop.

RFOM is still one of the best selling PS3 games and one of the few first party games to crack a million in the US (if I'm not mistaken only God of War 3, Uncharted 2 and possibly GT5P did that).

Resistance 2 sold very well, just a tad below Killzone 2 if the leaked numbers I remember seeing were right.

Top Bottom