• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Entertainment trademarks 'Titan' [Titanfall]

First Person Spellcaster where you play as a mage fighting 50 feet tall monsters called Titans
The game starts in the middle ages and ends with a twist ending showing the Titans appearing in the modern world leading up to Titan II: Modern Spellfare

DO IT RE-SPAWN!!! TURN THE GENRE ON IT'S HEAD!

xJavonta

Banned
I mean, even if Titan is a code name, why would you want to confuse the consumer?

Can't tell if they're just trolling or making a huge mistake
I hadn't even heard of this Blizzard game before this thread. I doubt a normal consumer has.

Why not?

What if Sony announced the ps4 to be the Durango. Same thing.

The amount of people who would even be able to connect the dots between Titan the Respawn game and Titan the Blizzard MMO codename is so small. Yes it might be a lot of people here on the gaming side of the internet, but it's a small percentage of who will be the target for the game.

Finally a titan game.

252px-WarlordTitanicus.jpg

Oh... wait... no...

monome

First Person Spellcaster where you play as a mage fighting 50 feet tall monsters called Titans
The game starts in the middle ages and ends with a twist ending showing the Titans appearing in the modern world leading up to Titan II: Modern Spellfare

DO IT RE-SPAWN!!! TURN THE GENRE ON IT'S HEAD!

You should find the Destiny's artworks and burn your cock while furiously masturbating as Destiny is pretty much that, except devs did not bother with the first half-assed medieval setting and just switched to modern during the design phase.

+1 point for Spellfare, that sounds dirty.

electro

Banned
E3 2013 can't come soon enough - this really will be one of the biggest shows in years. Sony and Microsoft will unleash their next gen consoles, and Nintendo will be in tow with some much needed software such as Mario U and Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Wind Waker HD and whatever else they're cooking up. Hopefully Vita and 3DS will also get some love.

Third-party titles will also be interesting - can't wait to see some new IP.

shandy706

Weird name for a FPS. Unless it has more of a Halo vibe than a CoD one.

Why do people keep comparing it to Halo or CoD?

I thought they latest rumors were that it involved giant mechs and ground troops. I don't really associate Mechs with either of those above games.

Dabanton

I thought they latest rumors were that it involved giant mechs and ground troops. I don't really associate Mechs with either of those above games.

Like I said in another thread it sounds a lot like Battlefield 2142.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Two new always online scifi FPSes, one from the creator of Halo, the other from the creator of COD. This is gonna be fun.

GavinGT

Banned

He's just referring to the settings. But I'd be surprised if it didn't retain a lot of the CoD feel even with the giant mechs and online-only.

Skunkers

Sounds like between Destiny, Titan, and BlizzTitan, the online military shooter trend everyone bemoans will finally be replaced... by space marines... again.

Gorillaz

Skyfall was probably the only time "fall" worked well in a title. Hope it's just called titan.

Either way I'm pumped tho

GavinGT

Banned
Titan vs. Destiny. Who picked the worse name?

No colons or dashes make them better than a lot of names these days.

I feel like Destiny is the more unique name, but also the weirder choice for a product hoping to appeal largely to teenage boys.

JoshHood

Top Bottom