• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment trademarks Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet in the United States

I would've just gone with "Heretic" or "The Heretic." Much more memorable.
You would have gotten a letter from Raven's, id's, Bethesda's, Activision's, so in the end MS's lawyers.
So probably not as memorable as you think, if you forgot that there were already two Heretics.
It follows the Uncharted name scheme:
Series Title: Uncharted
Entry Title: Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception, A Thief's End

Horizon, too with Zero Dawn and Forbidden West being the entry titles.

Question is is Intergalactic the series name?
Makes sense. Not feeling it though. Intergalactic and Heretic are both just too unusual in everyday use and feels automatically pretentious. Maybe would need a trailer to associate some actual visuals with these words. Did not feel it with Horizon though either, while its first trailer was great.
Not super important anyway, but I guess the good simple names are already taken, so everyone comes up with convoluted word salads.

Dazraell

Intergalactic sounds really generic. That said, I thought "Horizon: Zero Dawn" title was generic too in the past, yet it spawned a very successful franchise

Ar¢tos

My interest based on title is -5.
Someone should get Hyperion Cantos license and make a game (or series of games) out of it, if they want to tackle Sci-fi.

mortal

Gold Member
You would have gotten a letter from Raven's, id's, Bethesda's, Activision's, so in the end MS's lawyers.
So probably not as memorable as you think, if you forgot that there were already two Heretics
lol potential trademark disputes doesn't make the simpler name any less memorable for me.

lol potential trademark disputes doesn't make the simpler name any less memorable for me.
In that case: I like Doom, they should use that. lol
I guess in reality it is a kinda abandoned IP, but I doubt the right holder(s?) would allow it nevertheless. GT so Atari would then also be involved. So quite a list of parties that had their hands on the two games.

Isn't Heretic also part of the factions in Warhammer Space Marine? Together with the use of Intergalactic Games Workshop might also be concerned when someone uses that word and infringe on their IP.

Came in expecting the Beastie Boys and did not get disappointed, well done GAF

Happy If You Say So GIF

Perrott

Gold Member
Firesprite's horror game is rumored to have spaceships...
Nah, it's allegedly set on an island in a contemporary setting.
This could be the "Ooze game" leaked by IconEra and talked about by DuskGolem; it's a UE5 scifi action game made by a partner developer through XDEV (supposedly People Can Fly).
Dusk later clarified that the leaked sci-fi RPG was being made internally now (so maybe the partner working on it had been acquired) and still from Europe, so that project might be Housemarque's upcoming new IP.

All that said, I feel Intergalatic: The Heretic Prophet its Cory's game.

We'll know in May.

Last edited:
Top Bottom