• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment trademarks Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet in the United States

Cory Barlog's rumored sci fi project?
Neil Druckman's project?
Thinking Think GIF by Originals

mortal

Gold Member
I would've just gone with "Heretic" or "The Heretic." Much more memorable.

Interesting to have a new IP, assuming that it is one and not Destiny related DLC. Wonder which studio is behind this one.

I had Chat GPT write the plot for the game for us:
Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet" is set in a distant future where humanity has colonized various planets across the galaxy. The game follows the journey of Aria, a skilled space explorer with a mysterious past. Aria discovers ancient relics on a remote planet that suggest the existence of a powerful being known as the Heretic Prophet, who was banished centuries ago for challenging the ruling intergalactic council.

As Aria delves deeper into the mystery, she uncovers a dark conspiracy orchestrated by the council to suppress any knowledge of the Heretic Prophet's existence. Along the way, she encounters a diverse cast of characters, including rebels fighting against the council's oppressive regime and mercenaries hired to silence anyone who seeks the truth.

Aria must navigate treacherous landscapes, engage in intense space battles, and solve intricate puzzles to piece together the truth behind the Heretic Prophet's exile and unlock the secrets of ancient civilizations. Along the way, she grapples with her own identity and discovers that she may have a connection to the enigmatic figure she's been searching for.

As the game progresses, Aria's quest takes her to the heart of the council's stronghold, where she confronts the true extent of their tyranny and the lengths they'll go to maintain their power. With the help of her allies, Aria must challenge the council and unleash the power of the Heretic Prophet to bring about a new era of freedom and enlightenment across the galaxy.

Hmmm, Heretic Prophet, sounds like it might be the long awaited Phil Spencer simulator.

Jokes aside we know Cory is working on something sci-fi and ND is rumored to be too, we literally have no clue what Bluepoint, Bend or Housemarque are doing either.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Hopefully for something unexpected like a new Level-5 (Rogue Galaxy) collab. I just don't see this being the name for SMS's new IP.

JaksGhost

It follows the Uncharted name scheme:
Series Title: Uncharted
Entry Title: Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception, A Thief's End

Horizon, too with Zero Dawn and Forbidden West being the entry titles.

Question is is Intergalactic the series name?

Last edited:

CamHostage

This could be the "Ooze game" leaked by IconEra and talked about by DuskGolem; it's a UE5 scifi action game made by a partner developer through XDEV (supposedly People Can Fly).

wd9B2C9.jpg
]
EARLY LEAKED SCREEN

Sony London also has a project in the works, but its more mystical-fantasy online co-op action in what seems to be an alternate modern Earth, so the title doesn't fit as far as we know this project.

2jfqmsR.jpg

But, who knows...

Last edited:

StueyDuck

As a bajillion people on the internet have suggested its most likely corys IP.

Either way I like what the game name invokes, space heresy, evil empires, possible dune/Warhammer influences.

Overall the name is wank though. I imagine it will eventually just be named like "prophet" or something.

Top Bottom