• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respect the English language... please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
icycalm said:
I am a new member. I have been posting on the Insert Credit forums and their English is not so bad. It's been hard work trying to make sense out of many of the posts here...

Don't come to a new forum and make requests and criticisms like these. It won't have the affect you desire unless you desire to be hated. I already don't like you. The forum has been running just fine before your ass signed up so please shut the fuck up. It's other Junior Members like who who do most of the butchering of the english language, maybe you assholes can have a meeting to discuss how you can better yourselves in a way that might make the vast majority of you less irritating.

icycalm said:
Hey, I am down with that! I intend to enjoy my stay - especially if the hate-mongers decide to get off my back. (It's not going to happen anytime soon, I know)

You started the fire, you gunna git burrned.

Show me one redeeming post you've made.

icycalm

Banned
Lemurnator said:
You started the fire, you gunna git burrned.

Show me one redeeming post you've made.

I am sorry that you say you already don't like me. That, however, is your problem and not mine. Good luck.

I don't need to "redeem" myself in your eyes, either. Again, sorry if you are offended by this.

As for the fire, I am rather enjoying all of this unwanted attention by the hate-mongers of this forum. I never tried to insult anyone. All I wanted to do is make a polite request. I guess all the third graders got upset and are now venting their frustration on me. Look at how many of them are doing their best to insult me. And failing miserably, I might add.

icycalm said:
I am sorry that you say you already don't like me. That, however, is your problem and not mine. Good luck.

I don't need to "redeem" myself in your eyes, either. Again, sorry if you are offended by this.

As for the fire, I am rather enjoying all of this unwanted attention by the hate-mongers of this forum. I never tried to insult anyone. All I wanted to do is make a polite request. I guess all the third graders got upset and are now venting their frustration on me. Look at how many of them are doing their best to insult me. And failing miserably, I might add.
mario_jerkoff.gif

explodet

Who knows tomorrow brings
World few heart survive
All know, way feel
When real, keep pray alive

Road long
Mountain in way
Climb step every day

Love lift up where belong
Where eagle cry, mountain high
Love lift up where belong
Far from world know
Clear wind blow

FnordChan

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

Edit: And, while we're at it, another fave:

"English can most charitably be described as a generous, expansive, and flexible language; a less charitable description would characterize it as drunk and disorderly." - Teresa Nielsen Hayden.

FnordChan

fart

Savant
jooey said:
did no one catch that?! this could have been half a page, locked and done with!
i figured drinky crow's crow radar would catch it so i didn't have to look like him making fun of it. oh well, lesson learned.

I was sleeping! Besides, you and MAF did an admirable job of being me for the evening. The only thing lamer than a Tim Rogers/Erik Jon Waugh self-congratulatory clusterfuck is the one where one of their groupies sprays his weak, watery load all over the face of our forum. :(

Beer, macaroons, and split infinitives all around!

fart

Savant
i agree drinky, there aren't enough anime girl fighting games. ok now let's talk about jacking off as a metaphor for game design.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
No, I'm pretty sure he was serious. We have people who measure these things. Oddly enough, homo-eroticism is up 35%. I don't quite understand that one.

:lol

This is one of the best forums around for spelling and grammar. We should have directed him to gamefaqs or one of a thousand other places.

There's some twat I've seen on a couple of other forums called the Spelling Bee who claims his only job is to correct people's spelling and grammar. Only he spelt grammar "grammer" and missed the apostrophe in "it's" when meaning "it is". Ah, what a great day correcting that was.

Jim Bowie

Mama Smurf said:
:lol

This is one of the best forums around for spelling and grammar. We should have directed him to gamefaqs or one of a thousand other places.

!! That is a very good idea! I wish I came up with that earlier. I would have directed the pretentious twat to FYAD.

darscot

People that can't comprehend broken english piss me off. When they complain it's basically them saying I'm too stupid to think. If you don't spell it out for me perfectly I'm lost.

Live abroad for a week, then let me see you bitch.

Socreges

Banned
icycalm sent me this private message, which I will now share with everyone:

Since you are one of the few people who replied to this thread and who doesn't seem to hate me, I was wondering if you tell me how they managed to insert "I, Jnyr Membur" under my username.

Did a moderator do it?
Wow, if I'm one of the good guys after mocking him and then suggesting that he's gay, you guys must have SERIOUSLY hurt his feelings. :lol

Brannon

I was wondering if you ***would*** tell me how they managed to insert "I, Jnyr Membur" under my username.

Fixed. It's the way of the internets; those who correct another's grammar and spelling will be doomed to suffer mistakes of their own. If only SuperSaiyajinGoVegeta90210 was here to defend us from the onslaught of the defenders of the English language...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jim Bowie said:
Your original plea was to kindly respect the English language. All I ask is that you do the same, less you be marked a hypocrite. Please, I beg of you, respect the English language by not using blanket statements, passive writing styles, and insipid vocabulary. The English language is a wide, wonderful language. Please take good care of it.
It's quite apparent he's still in high school. Once you move on to higher education, they give away the dark secret that composition is far more important than impeccably correct syntax, whatever that is.

BTW, it's "lest you". ;)

Chipopo

Banned
The warm glow of icycalms pillaged and charred corpse has made this ritualistic Gaming Age slaughter a particularly enjoyable one. Thanks guys, and who brought the S'mores?

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
icycalm said:
I am a new member. I have been posting on the Insert Credit forums and their English is not so bad. It's been hard work trying to make sense out of many of the posts here...

Already banned, but when you come in an the first thing you do is mention a forum drowning in egos and Tim Rogers copycats, you're not bound to make any friends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom