• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retail copies of MGS: Ground Zeroes to include additional bonus content over digital

RaikuHebi

Banned
Expecting this to be >6 hours for the main campaign seems a bit optimistic to me. I'm expecting 4-5 hours, with even 5 hours pushing it. Ground Zeros was originally in TPP as a prologue. Honestly, how long are MG prologues usually are? They sure as hell weren't 6+ hours affairs. This is a 4-5 hour demo given premium pricing.

Originally it was always a separate game.

My biggest worry is that the Ground Zeroes content will be amazing and it will make the wait for The Phantom Pain absolutely agonizing!

Hopefully The Phantom Pain will make it's debut in late 2014 so the wait won't be too bad. ;)

NeoROCK

GAF should seriously boycott this game.

Do it early in the generation to send a message to all developers and publishers, otherwise we'll get an entire generation of this. And it will get even worse from here.

MGS:GZ is just a prologue as it is..... and then they are chopping the game up. Playstation exclusive content, Xbox exclusive content, Retail exclusive content... Disgusting.

EVIL

It's really getting out of hand. You'll get exclusive on this system, from this retailer, from this distributor. Is it so hard to give everyone the same full game?

apparently, people only buy games when they are sure to get content other people don't get. Its ridiculous.

Conezays

I think anyone expecting more than 2 hours is going to be in for a big surprise...but hopefully I'm wrong. Konami will point to "experiences like 'Journey'" however asinine and baseless to prove their value proposition...that game is a beautiful and cinematic experience, etc. akin to Ground Zeroes...when offering a graphically intense and story-intensive game, the amount of hours spent playing is meaningless to its profound effect on gamers.

Then they will go on to tout how long and huge Phantom Pain is when the time comes.

I'm the biggest Metal Gear fan you'll meet. I buy all the stupid different versions of games, I have multiple copies of every game in the series and, honestly, I remember watching DVDs of MGS2 trailers over and over again, I was absolute fanatical about MGS3 and avoided all media on it to not spoil anything, my hype for Metal Gear Solid 4 was through the roof, for Peace Walker, through the roof, even the HD collections, I was excited to get a dual analogue Peace Walker and sweet HD versions of great games.

I really could not be less interested in MGSV due to the way the whole thing is being handled.

I Feel the same, konami is doing everything they could to get every penny out of the gamer. I will simply not buy the game until it's in the bargin bin or skip it completely.

Sotha_Sil

Let me get this right:

There are PS exclusive things. There are MS exclusive things. You can buy retail or digital, but retail on both versions has retail-exclusive things. And those retail-exclusive things are worth $10.

On top of that, the next-gen version costs more than the current-gen version.

And then, this is only part of the full game.

Fuck this shit. I'll buy a used copy of the GZ/TPP ultimate edition that will inevitably come out in a couple of years.

if Konami and Square-Enix were two drunk guys sitting at a bar next to each other it would probably be one of the most depressing conversations ever.

NomadFH

Neo Member
I didn't think they could possibly outdo themselves after the MGO2 beta that came with preordering MGS4. I broke down psychologically just trying to make all 4 of my usernames that konami thought I needed to have instead of just using PSN.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I didn't think they could possibly outdo themselves after the MGO2 beta that came with preordering MGS4. I broke down psychologically just trying to make all 4 of my usernames that konami thought I needed to have instead of just using PSN.

It was a post-modern example of how you need codenames if you're going to be a good infiltrator like Snake and Ocelot.

Spaghetti

hey konami

know where you don't have to worry about pre-owned sales eating your margins

steam

just say it's coming to pc. just say it. just once

I thought Kojima said something recently about wanting to re-invigorate the Japanese gaming market by outdoing what everyone else is doing.

This console exclusive content/retail exclusive content/next-gen extra 10 nonsense is absolute insanity and it falls directly in line with what publishers and game companies across the globe are currently doing - so how is this change Kojima-san?!?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I Feel the same, konami is doing everything they could to get every penny out of the gamer. I will simply not buy the game until it's in the bargin bin or skip it completely.

If the story campaign is as short as many are expecting, we wouldn't have to wait long for bargain bin prices.

jkh13

Neo Member
i2sf4qQBVY7AU.jpg

I hope we get this edition in the EU, I would pay good money for a limited edition like this. Is there any word on any limited edition bundles for the west?

Timu

Oh man, I wanted to go digital with this one, but if the bonus content is good enough then I may go for the retail versions.

mf.luder

I hope we get this edition in the EU, I would pay good money for a limited edition like this. Is there any word on any limited edition bundles for the west?

Far too early. We're all in an uproar over ground zeroes still and we don't even have a finalized idea of what we're paying for.

Odd that that pamphlet thing says peace walker.

Far too early. We're all in an uproar over ground zeroes still and we don't even have a finalized idea of what we're paying for.

Odd that that pamphlet thing says peace walker.

The "pamphlet" is actually a novelization of Peace Walker with new Shinkawa artwork.

It makes me wonder how many people actually played Peace Walker that they're making a book out of it for people to read before playing MGSV.

zychi

Banned
I'm still all in for last gen version and next gen versions. It's Kojima, I have no doubt that all of this stuff will be released in a substance-like version later on. GZ may only have an hour of gameplay in it, but if you cut out the cutscenes in most MG games, theres less than 3 hours of gameplay. I trust Kojima and what he's doing with this series and I'll blindly follow him wherever he leads this series until I am actually disappointed with it. Which, 8 games in, I have yet to be disappointed.

93xfan

Banned
It's really getting out of hand. You'll get exclusive on this system, from this retailer, from this distributor. Is it so hard to give everyone the same full game?

No shit. They made the content, so why not give it to everyone, rather than have everyone feel like they are missing out on something?

Top Bottom