• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETARDED LIE DAY ALERT: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition for PS3/360?

lupin23rd

Fear not good people of GAF, there is in fact another RE4 SKU coming out, but it's not this Classic Edition in HD.

Soutahouse's blog this morning is showing RE4 Wii Edition The Best coming out in May in Japan. So for those of you who want to buy it AGAIN, here's your chance!

cvxfreak

lupin23rd said:
Fear not good people of GAF, there is in fact another RE4 SKU coming out, but it's not this Classic Edition in HD.

Soutahouse's blog this morning is showing RE4 Wii Edition The Best coming out in May in Japan. So for those of you who want to buy it AGAIN, here's your chance!

Ah, I was expecting a budget priced BH4 Wii in Japan in the next few months too.

lupin23rd said:

Thanks for the heads up but I'll just wait it out for Classic Edition.

PatzCU

I would definitely buy this if it were real.

I got the GC version last summer, and it just looks like absolute shit on my HDTV.

This isn't that surprising coming from Capcom.

I guess if you make one of the best games ever you're allowed to milk it, it just takes a bit of the integrity out of it.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
I bought te game for gamecube and never beat it because I planned on buying a wii. I never found a wii so if it does indeed come out for PS3 in HD, I'll buy it if it's budget priced and maybe play through it this time around.

Pachinko

I dunno I'd grab something like that if they farmed out a port to someone else to cheaply upgrade it to RE5's graphics engine , redo some textures, upgrade some models , kind of a ninja gaiden sigma level port.

Yeah I'm aware it's obviously fake though.

For 20 bucks a bare bones port with a 1080p 16XAA 60 fps tune up would even suffice.

Pachinko said:
I dunno I'd grab something like that if they farmed out a port to someone else to cheaply upgrade it to RE5's graphics engine , redo some textures, upgrade some models , kind of a ninja gaiden sigma level port.

Yeah I'm aware it's obviously fake though.

For 20 bucks a bare bones port with a 1080p 16XAA 60 fps tune up would even suffice.
I've seen screen shots of the PC version turned up really high and damn does it make it look pretty. So I would be willing to spend 30 bucks on it.

I like how Capcom copy and paste artwork from RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles to make the cover :lol . It´s fake but it will be nice if Capcom can do that at least for the 360 users that never played the game.

-Rogue5-

I want a PSP version of RE4... I know they could do it with a decent level graphic fidelity (Chains of Olympus showed that). Plus it uses a single analog-stick control scheme.... It'd be pretty spectacular I'd imagine.

The aiming in wii is so superior to the analog stick aiming that I don't think that i could go back to the old control. So I wouldn't buy it. I guess if it was gorgeous I would just have to buy it. After all, I'll buy RE5 day one and thats not going to have a pointer for aiming.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Leon S. Kennedy said:
The aiming in wii is so superior to the analog stick aiming that I don't think that i could go back to the old control. So I wouldn't buy it.

(neutral) Leon S. Kennedy
(Today, 01:49 AM)

Wii's is the definitive version, finally 100% confirmed.

-Rogue5- said:
I want a PSP version of RE4... I know they could do it with a decent level graphic fidelity (Chains of Olympus showed that). Plus it uses a single analog-stick control scheme.... It'd be pretty spectacular I'd imagine.
That's actually a great idea.

Kittonwy

Banned
cvxfreak said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.the-horror.com/

So you're going to buy it?
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
kbear said:
How many people here haven't played RE4 yet? You realize that the 360/PS3 versions of this would be the exact same game, + whatever that extra content is. But the main game would play the exact same way. At least with the Wii version you got a new control method and from the impressions I've read, it changed the gameplay quite a bit. Nothing would change for the 360/PS3 version.

I know this is fake but let's assume for a minute it's real. And let's also assume it sells really well, a combined 2 million for 360/PS3. Do you understand the consequences of this? It would open the floodgates to last-gen ports to 360/PS3. Why spend 10 or 20 million on a new next-gen IP or true sequel when you can just port your last-gen game and make a bundle for cheap?

That is EXACTLY what a lot of publishers would want these days, spend $2-3 mil porting something that will get you a million copies, hell IF Capcom is doing it I doubt it would even be much of a port-"up", just up the res on the textures and let the fans eat it up for the fourth time. The floodgates were already open as far as Capcom is concerned.

kbear

Kittonwy said:
That is EXACTLY what a lot of publishers would want these days, spend $2-3 mil porting something that will get you a million copies, hell IF Capcom is doing it I doubt it would even be much of a port-"up", just up the res on the textures and let the fans eat it up for the fourth time. The floodgates were already open as far as Capcom is concerned.
Agreed.. and I love Capcom, I do. They're easily one of the best and most consistent devs for next-gen so far (Dead Rising, LP, DMC4, RE5, SF4, Bionic Commando, etc.) But I hope this practice doesn't become widespread.

I don't know why in the hell they just don't go ahead and release it already. They could release it before RE5 so people could play through it again. If they made the game true widescreen, added another Ada-like side mission, and touched up the graphics it will certainly sell over a million copies.

It's not like they haven't whored the game out already.

Firestorm

Too bad. If it were in 720p, I'd sell my Wii Edition and buy it. Wii version feels unplayable in its current state on HDTVs =(

Barakov

If this is real I will buy it.

If this is fake I'll fantasize about buying it.

IF this is a April Fool's joke....somebody fucked up.

Xapati

Absinthe said:
I don't know why in the hell they just don't go ahead and release it already. They could release it before RE5 so people could play through it again. If they made the game true widescreen, added another Ada-like side mission, and touched up the graphics it will certainly sell over a million copies.

It's not like they haven't whored the game out already.

This. Heck I know I'd buy it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Kittonwy said:

There's only one issue: Very few games are good enough to pull it off.

FightyF

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
why would the cell phone photographer not take a steady pic?

Exactly what I was thinking.

I haven't played RE4 yet...so I would definitely check this out if it was cheap. Even if it's in HD at 60fps...I wouldn't pay full price for it. I can always get a used copy for the PS2 and play it upscaled on my PS3. Sure, it's not the same as HD, but it would be cheap.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I own the GC, PS2 and Wii versions, but I would totally buy a port for the Xbox 360 / PS3 if it is done well. I almost bought the PC version so I could play the game in higher resolution with AA / AF, but the port job turned out to be awful so I stayed away.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Kittonwy said:

I, personally, would totally support a flood of "port-ups" of awesome last-gen games. There were so many amazing looking games last-gen that would have benefitted a ton from a higher resolution and some anti-aliasing. I can only dream about playing higher-res versions of RE4, God of War, FFXII, Okami, etc.. with some added content.

Hell I already own most of the Koei Musou games on the 360, so I would totally support more port-ups. Koei only upped the texture resolution, added some bloom and let the games output at higher resolutions, but the difference is amazing in my opinion.

Top Bottom