• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retronauts Prime 59 - The Finale!

The 3 things I remember most from the survival horror show:

1.) Jenn's slurred speech
2.) A character named Jessifer
3.) Flaming grandpa rape

I mentioned the System Shock 2 thing in an earlier post in this thread, I remember Sharkey talking about playing Castlevania and trying to whip a spider and it wouldn't die because it was an actual spider on his TV. That and I think the Mountain King memory revealed that Sharkey's an arachnophobe!

The Fatal Frame story where Sharkey took a picture of a ghost and it was James Mielke from that contest! XD

Speaking of Jessifer, Shane mentioned Illbleed with its trailer where the voiceover guy said YOU WILL SHIT WITH FEAR.

F it, gonna load up my archive into my iPhone and listen to my favorites!

(Actually, I'm missing one episode that I would prefer to have and that's the Bionic Commando one. Can anybody here share one that'll jump straight into the Podcast section of iTunes? I'm OCD like that >_>)

Hearing about the Sonic episode, might just load that up for shits and giggles too.

They mentioned my SNES thread on the show. Yay, I'm famous. Heh.

Great show though. And too bad it's gone, but I actually have a ton of shows I haven't heard yet, so the podcast lives on. Sort of.

Quackula

Hearing about the Sonic episode, might just load that up for shits and giggles too.

That one's probably my favorite of the call-in episodes actually. I love when they get the call from the guy talking about how his older brother used to make him play Tails, and then right afterward they get a call from a guy who talks about making his younger brother play Tails.

silentQ

Thanks for all the memories Retronauts Crew been listening since day one heres hoping for a revival maybe independently! I have to say I like a lot of the episodes mentioned here as favs but I am surprised the the Game Boy Advance episode isn't mentioned as somebodies story I forget who about playing Gameboy Advance during 9/11 to relieve stress really was a great story.

Thanks Again to the Retronauts Crew and Good Luck to Everyone at 1up!

This reminds me of the golden months of 1up, 1 podcast a day... retronauts on thursdays? I think?

Tuesdays GFWLive
Wednesdays Legendary thread.
Thursdays Retronauts.
Fridays 1up Yours.

:(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh god damn it. Retronauts introduced me to both podcasts and 1up. 1up in turn introduced me to yelling about video games on Neogaf. So thanks, Retronauts.

Also I listened to the clip show they put out for the first time. It's an ok substitute for the lack of This Year collection. Jenn's song was hilarious.

RETRONAUTS RETRONAUTS RETRONAUTS RETRONAUTS RETRONAUTS RETRONAUTS

Noahd42

Banned
A list of my favorites would be:

11/01/06 - PS1
01/25/07 - Game Music
02/01/07 - History of the Arcade
05/03/07 - Neo Geo
08/23/07 - Survival Horror
10/24/07 - Chrono Trigger
11/01/07 - Mario
01/31/08 - Sega Saturn
02/14/08 - Phantasy Star
03/13/08 - Final Fantasy VII
08/21/08 - Famicom 25th Anniversary
09/04/08 - Sega Dreamcast
10/08/08, 10/15/08, 10/22/08, and 10/29/08 - Sega Genesis Parts 1-4
11/26/08 - Chrono Cross
12/10/08 - Persona
08/04/11 and 08/18/11 - Super Nintendo 20th Anniversary Parts 1 & 2
09/29/11 and 10/06/11 - B-List Japanese RPGs
10/20/11 - Silent Hill
04/26/12 - Working Designs
08/17/12 - The Wizard

and pretty much all the Years in Review podcasts (01/24/08, 01/09/09, 01/07/10, 01/13/11, 01/12/12, and 02/08/13)

thanks for this list. there are a few i've missed over the years. I'll have to catch up.

Fox Mulder

They mentioned my SNES thread on the show. Yay, I'm famous. Heh.

Great show though. And too bad it's gone, but I actually have a ton of shows I haven't heard yet, so the podcast lives on. Sort of.

Lol, I heard the snes thread too. Funny hearing long time collectors balk at prices new people just getting in are paying.

It's just how it is now.

Top Bottom