• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

return of the Rat: the *NEW* official ESPN NFL 2005 xbox online league thread!

Fifty

I love it when players decide to stop playing during their games. It's very realistic. Sadly, I thought this was a general NFL sim, and not a Giants vs Vikings sim.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I love it when players decide to stop playing during their games. It's very realistic. Sadly, I thought this was a general NFL sim, and not a Giants vs Vikings sim.

You should have seen the game I had against DM,I'm up 10-0 and my DB's,etc are playing great and then all the sudden they decide they dont want to play any longer and they just let the receivers run right by them like usual...I swear I replayed one for Dm where my guy just stood in place while his receiver took off.

Then I have a game next vs Stooge where they play like Supermen and swat and intercept everything,this game is fucking bizzare.

Fifty

I played against Astro Ladders and at during two plays my RG didn't move. I think you've seen this before. The ol' "stand up and stare" trick. Works every time.....Works to give the DT a sack.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm praying Madden didnt some how become Ncaa since E3 or I'm going to cry..I'm not happy with these 2 football games :(

And yea Ive seen that stupid shit too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is funny, when we mention this on IRC or something of the sort, others say that we're complaining about things 'cause we suck, but the problems are pretty damned apparent.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Well I got torched by Owens,my DBs were literally running away from him on certain plays,bahahaha...

LOL!

Matrix

Fifty said:
Don't blame the DB AI! Who do you think you are? Me?

:p

I blame it more than you do! Who do you think you are? :p :p

Fifty

Based on the roughly 200 replays I do each game to point out the flaws of the game...I'd say I have a good chance at being named the biggest bitcher on GA. Heh....But kids, remember, bitching isn't wrong if you're right!

Matrix

Hey remember last game I think I had 300 replays...you even had to accept that message so we could continue playing,I'm right next to you in the bitching department.

Ramirez

I also lost one of my starting CBs in the Nickel/Dime formation for a week I think,had some shitty ass CB in for pretty much the whole game :( My DBs suck to begin with,losing one to injury is just salt in the wound =(

TheDuce22

Banned
Good game bog, ricky williams was tearing me up. Sorry about checking the roster when we started, I have never used the panthers.

Bog

Junior Ace
TheDuce22 said:
Good game bog, ricky williams was tearing me up. Sorry about checking the roster when we started, I have never used the panthers.

That was a really good game. If I had any kind of passing game, I might've had a chance. I think Fiedler went 3 for 13. Oh, and I really need to practice my Field Goals on Legend.

Matrix

Damn wtf Konex :|

Matrix

Wait are you playing him right now? whats the score and tell Konex to stop running with the QB or we will all cyber beat his ass.

Fifty

You're the cheeser, Malley! posting while playing a game. That's impossible! :0

Let's see the stats after it's over.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
naw he had started out the first drive with it..... he is ok now... it is actually a good game... he is pulling away though...

Matrix

Malleymal said:
naw he had started out the first drive with it..... he is ok now... it is actually a good game... he is pulling away though...

DONT LET HIM WIN! He will talk shit till he plays his next game and we all know Konex isnt good :(

Bog

Junior Ace
Is the Comish able to push the week along if everyone plays their games before the 7th?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fifty said:
5 INTS. Ouch. :(

Torry (100 rated) Holt was a non factor it seems.

Champ had clamps on the boy.... Bruce did his best... I have to focus on my run game thats what gets me my offense

ShadowRed

Banned
Bog said:
Is the Comish able to push the week along if everyone plays their games before the 7th?

If your next opponet has already played their current game you and he can play each other. You don't have to wait till the deadline is over to proceed.

Fifty

THIS IS A TRAVESTY! I beat Stooge (who played a good game, but got bad breaks) 63-33

Nice guy that I am or not, I want those freaking stats. I want them if it's a 3-0 game....It's a league, right? THE GAME FROZE ON THE "Reporting game results" screen after the game ended. I took a knee, waited for it to end. I didn't run up the score like a jackass, but then I get screwed out of that game because ESPN is pathetic.

It's like giving birth to a child. Watching him win the nobel peace prize and then settling for a normal child after a time-warp causes a distortion in the world.

Thanks Visual CONSHITS.

hgplayer1

hey FMT our game posted but without stats. did you do that or did it happen on its own?

Im glad to see some of you completed games and got stats in. its not a total loss I guess but itll be hard to continue to play games knowing the servers may or may not work right at any given time.

i just read in that madden thread that maddennation.com is reporting leagues for EA premium services or some shit like that. looks like VC is giving them all the firepower they need to be able to charge for league play.

I predict in the next couple years there wont even be a Sega/Visual Concepts football game on the market. its a shame really but I will not buy their game next year.

no, i did it HG. i gave you the win by default, but no stats. it sucks but oh well.

from now on dudes, if you finish a game and it doesn't report, if the winner wants the default victory no problem. if both parties are cool with playing the game over, that's fine. but, if the game is at half time, and you're up by only a couple scores, i can't just give you the forefit if it disconnects you because a comeback is possible. however, if you are COMPLETELY dominating the game at half time, and your opponent admits it and says theres no way a comeback would have happened, i'll give the forefit.

but, if at all possible, TRY to replay the games to get the stats in. i know there will be hard fought victories that wont register stats, and in those cases just take the victory, but half the fun is the stat tracking so i'd like to get as much of it as possible.

also, check out the official league Power Rankings page (at the top and bottom of the league page). the link is here: http://mesmerized.org/jeff/powerrankings2.htm

i'll be updating them every week that goes by in the league to keep the rankings current. lots of thanks go out to konex for designing the sweet layout!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Fifty, it really sucks because the total points for is the tie breaker in this leauge.. we both would have had a healthy score going for us there, but now have a goosegg. Im gussing that the leauges went down at some point during the middle of our game, thats what happened last time I played in a tourny game.

In any case, our game was seriously screwed up... I think you threw 2 or 3 picks, and I threw about 4 or 5 plus the fumble... some were legit, but others seemed really off. On my pick that McKenzie took for a TD he was supposed to be dropped back into a zone a solid 5 yards behind the pass that he picked, but he went superhuman and came out of nowhere to jump that route... on one of the ones I threw, Driver was on a comeback route where he turned outside, and your CB jumped the route to the inside, and for some reason the ball got thrown there instead of where Driver turned... ugg.

Anyway, I let the game get way out of hand.. I got pretty fumed and started doing stupid shit in the middle of the 3rd quarter... the way I saw the game was I was down 2 scores (at that point) and was showing no signs of stopping you at all.. Im guessing if I had kept up with the run and punted the ball more I would have probably lost by a closer margin, but whatever.

Also, I nearly broke my controller when KGB got hurt. I was sure with my luck he was gone for the year :p

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
i just read in that madden thread that maddennation.com is reporting leagues for EA premium services or some shit like that. looks like VC is giving them all the firepower they need to be able to charge for league play.

I predict in the next couple years there wont even be a Sega/Visual Concepts football game on the market. its a shame really but I will not buy their game next year.

Fucking A so now we have to pay for leagues in Madden. Anyhow as far as no VC/SEGA sports games I say good ridence to bad rubbish. They should have pulled a 989/MS and not released tthis years and concentrated on next years game. This game isn't even worth 20 bucks. I guess you get what you pay for.

Fifty

StoOgE said:
Fifty, it really sucks because the total points for is the tie breaker in this leauge.. we both would have had a healthy score going for us there, but now have a goosegg. Im gussing that the leauges went down at some point during the middle of our game, thats what happened last time I played in a tourny game.

In any case, our game was seriously screwed up... I think you threw 2 or 3 picks, and I threw about 4 or 5 plus the fumble... some were legit, but others seemed really off. On my pick that McKenzie took for a TD he was supposed to be dropped back into a zone a solid 5 yards behind the pass that he picked, but he went superhuman and came out of nowhere to jump that route... on one of the ones I threw, Driver was on a comeback route where he turned outside, and your CB jumped the route to the inside, and for some reason the ball got thrown there instead of where Driver turned... ugg.

Anyway, I let the game get way out of hand.. I got pretty fumed and started doing stupid shit in the middle of the 3rd quarter... the way I saw the game was I was down 2 scores (at that point) and was showing no signs of stopping you at all.. Im guessing if I had kept up with the run and punted the ball more I would have probably lost by a closer margin, but whatever.

Also, I nearly broke my controller when KGB got hurt. I was sure with my luck he was gone for the year :p

You're a good sport :D I noted in the first half that our DBs were playing like all stars out there, when they usually have their heads up their asses. I wish this game was consistant!

Matrix

Guileless said:
Matrix, can you play earlier today? Let me know.

When do you want to play ? I'm going to be out for a couple of hours,but I'll be back by 3 pm eastern time.

Matrix

Ok I'll log on around 3 pm eastern time,see ya then.

ps- no mic here

90% of this league is full of cry babies. I'd rather you throw your 2K5 discs in the garbage than listen to all of this crying.

p.s. If a game doesn't count you should have to replay it.

90% of this league is full of cry babies. I'd rather you throw your 2K5 discs in the garbage than listen to all of this crying.

give me a break dude. you want people to NOT complain about legit problems? that's ridiculous. this game is broken in a million ways and you want people to "stop crying about it"? what a fucking joke. you're just mad because madden is going to outshine espn hardcore, even though everyone leading up to it said "twice as good and half the price!" sorry VC, you just can't win this fight

Top Bottom