• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revolution Controller Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

soundwave05 said:
As for those other genres ... as its been mentioned before Nintendo will be releasing a "classic" controller shell. You can slide the Revolution controller into it and it will have all the buttons you need to play any of those genres, no problem.

are you sure that he said you can change shell? Because I heard that you have to use GC controller, no?

link plz.

soundwave05 said:
You CAN play fighting games. Reading comprehension helps people. If anything this controller will kill the other systems for weapons based fighters (hello Namco and LucasArts).

And you can hold the controller horizontally :lol That's why the little b/a buttons are there, to mimic the NES controller.

That's Sarcasm, right?

puck1337

gutter_trash said:
It looks like Nintendo is saying a big FU the the entire Fighting Game genre.

I can't forswee playing a Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Tekken or Soul Calibur or any fighting game on the thing.... non-at all

If there was an option to be able to hold the controller sideways (like an old NES controller) then it would make things a tad easyer,, but i doubt it after seeing all the buttons layout.

and the free analog,,, WTF..... I want a solid firm grip on ONE controller,, not two flimsy grips on two seperate pieces.

Nintendo R.I.P.
Do you actually use stock controllers for fighting games? I know that I sure as hell don't.

Nope. You won't have to use any GameCube controller if you don't want to.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/15/news_6133335.html

You can watch Iwata's TGS speech there. Go to 15:15 into the video, Iwata addresses this issue directly.

They are releasing a shell case for the Rev controller which will let you play all old titles and multiplatform stuff no problemo.

You just slide the Rev controller into it and you're good to go. A pretty heads up move on Nintendo's part, as they could probably include this shell with the system or sell it for very, very cheap ... it's just plastic after all.

Iwata referred to it as a "classic" controller, so I'm hoping for a SNES diamond-button layout.

SantaC

soundwave05 said:
Nope. You won't have to use any GameCube controller if you don't want to.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/15/news_6133335.html

You can watch Iwata's TGS speech there. Go to 15:15 into the video, Iwata addresses this issue directly.

They are releasing a shell case for the Rev controller which will let you play all old titles and multiplatform stuff no problemo.

You just slide the Rev controller into it and you're good to go. A pretty heads up move on Nintendo's part, as they could probably include this shell with the system or sell it for very, very cheap ... it's just plastic after all.

Iwata referred to it as a "classic" controller, so I'm hoping for a SNES diamond-button layout.

ok that's good, I see no reason for using the GC controller then?

SantaCruZer said:
ok that's good, I see no reason for using the GC controller then?

Doesn't look like you'd have to. Seems to me that Nintendo included the GC ports to ensure backwards comp. with GC accessories like the bongo drums. Also never hurts to have a few auxiliary ports.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I typed this up in another thread, it's from Iwata's speech:

"But how will existing games be played with this controller? How can I play virtual console games, Nintendo games using Revolution virtual console features, some people might already be wondering about this. In order to prevent the console video becoming overly complicated, we did not explain how we would solve this. However, by taking advantage of the controller expansion feature you will be able to play the exisiting games, virtual console games, multiplatform games using what we call the classic style expansion controller. This is an expansion controller with the shape of existing controllers into which the freehand style controller can be inserted, so please rest assured all your favourite games will play well on Revolution."

There's a serious amount of poor information going around. I don't expect people who are only vaguely interested in the system to know everything that's been said, but you'd think they'd read up on it slightly before commenting!

Sunski

Kabuki Waq said:
i havent read the thread....but after looking at that controller I see no way to play:

2d fighting games(street fighter)
3d fighting games
FPS games
Sport sims

honestly i think nintendo went too far this time.

They can be played using existing Gamecube controllers.

They can be played using the classic controller expansion plugged into the Remote Control.

They can be played using new techniques and control methods using the remote control because isn't it nice to mix it up a bit now and again?

or in the case of Street Fighter - You can turn on any other console ever made and play it on there in some form.

gutter_trash said:

I can't forswee playing a Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Tekken or Soul Calibur or any fighting game on the thing.... non-at all

If there was an option to be able to hold the controller sideways (like an old NES controller) then it would make things a tad easyer,, but i doubt it after seeing all the buttons layout.

and the free analog,,, WTF..... I want a solid firm grip on ONE controller,, not two flimsy grips on two seperate pieces.

Nintendo R.I.P.

Your name alone allows me to ignore your statement.

Ranger X

Ok so can someone explain to me how i play Goldeneye with that thing?

Also, with this controller, i agree they say "fuck you" to fighting game but what is the more dramatic is that they say fuck you to multiplatform games.
Next gen there is going to be even more multiplatform games... and they will be designed for the PS3 or 360. The Rev version will control wierd or not receive a version.

It leaves the Revolution a Nintendo games platform where it's again Nintendo that will produce the more games for. The controller is also very "Nintendo style" since they can now sell you an add-on for each different game and make more $$$$ again out of you fools. Believe me Nintendo won't bankcrupt with this design + Nbots.

SantaC

Mama Smurf said:
I typed this up in another thread, it's from Iwata's speech:

"But how will existing games be played with this controller? How can I play virtual console games, Nintendo games using Revolution virtual console features, some people might already be wondering about this. In order to prevent the console video becoming overly complicated, we did not explain how we would solve this. However, by taking advantage of the controller expansion feature you will be able to play the exisiting games, virtual console games multiplatform games using what we call the classic style expansion controller. This is an expansion controller with the shape of existing controllers into which the freehand style controller can be inserted, so please rest assured all your favourite games will play well on Revolution."

There's a serious amount of poor information going around. I don't expect people who are only vaguely interested in the system to know everything that's been said, but you'd think they'd read up on it slightly before commenting!

I guess Matt C missed this, or did he. Well that sounds great.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wyzdom said:

Also, with this controller, i agree they say "fuck you" to fighting game but what is the more dramatic is that they say fuck you to multiplatform games.
Next gen there is going to be even more multiplatform games... and they will be designed for the PS3 or 360. The Rev version will control wierd or not receive a version.

It leaves the Revolution a Nintendo games platform where it's again Nintendo that will produce the more games for. The controller is also very "Nintendo style" since they can now sell you an add-on for each different game and make more $$$$ again out of you fools. Believe me Nintendo won't bankcrupt with this design + Nbots.

Do you guys read before posting?

Why didn't they turn the controller into this?

powerglove.jpg

Damnit, It would have looked so cool :lol

Even the damn box says it's REVOLUTIONARY.

Wyzdom said:

What part of classic controller shell is so hard for you to understand?

At least the controller is wireless standard, unlike "Microsoft style".

GoldenEye would control better using this setup than it would using any console controller.

Kabuki Waq said:
I see no way to play:

FPS games

The controller is PERFECT for FPS games! Since the only thing near its obvious perfection is the mouse+keyboard setup: I'll compare and contrast.

The wand or pointer or whatever is like the mouse on PC, but more accurate and quicker IMO w/ the trigger underneath. The anologue is like the keyboard, you have strafe and foward/back. (Keep in mind the latter two could be done w/ the pointer alone, although I'm not sure if it could be done as effectively)

Shao

Coming from soneone who doesn't like fighting games anymore, this could easily play a beat em up Tekken style. Might even be better then the conventional style.

As I said in another thread - jab right or left indicates right or left attacks, a indicates punches and b kicks. Now imagine jabbing right + a 3 times before right and up plus a to do an uppcut, you could then do up-up-b to perform some kind of whirlwind kick.

Hold a and pull stick back to charge, push forward to unleash fireball or something.

Theres a combo right there which gets you into the game more doesn't it? I'm tired of stupid fireball d-pad moves which kill your thumb.

Games like Silent hill, Resident Evil and maybe even Devil May Cry could have excellent versions on the Rev. Walk and aim at the same time, shine a flashlight o swing a sword/shoot a gun. Seriously for these games how many buttons do you need?

Tim the Wiz said:
The controller is PERFECT for FPS games! The wand or pointer or whatever is like the mouse on PC, but more accurate and quicker IMO w/ the trigger underneath. The anolgue is like the keyboard, you have strafe and foward/back. (Keep in mind the latter two could be done w/ the pointer alone, although I'm not sure if it could be done as effectively)

Yeah I don't get this, I can understand being curious how it would control for certain games, but a FPS?! :lol

Some people are really, really dense.

The controller could be a friggin' gun and some people would still wonder how to use it with FPS games.

mrkgoo

gutter_trash said:

Nintendo R.I.P.

Ok, I keep hearing this comment OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, and despite the comments that peripherals are planned for the controller (shell, extra buttons, who knows - it's not the point, heck, they could just release a SNES pad that plugs into the wand), something else occurs to me:

It's not like the Gamecube couldn't handle any of these titles, but apart from Soul Calibur, what fighters did te GC even get? People are complaining it can't play games that are probably highly unlikely to even appear on the console? Sure, I love fighting games, but I never saw Nintendo as one to be strong in that genre in recent times, whatever the controller looked like. So the Rev may not be so hot for traditional fighters (and that's not necessarily even true), but that's the point. It has a new control method. It's probably not so hot for a lot of traditional gaming experiences. But if you wanted traditional gaming experiences, surely you go and buy a traditional gaming device.

If fighting games was such a huge swinging vote for someone, wouldn't that person already be getting something like PS3? Why are they even concerned with Nintendo?

Ruzbeh

Banned
The Bookerman said:
Why didn't they turn the controller into this?

powerglove.jpg

Damnit, It would have looked so cool :lol

Even the damn box says it's REVOLUTIONARY.
They could actually make something like that... the remote would slide onto the glove. :D

Oogami

Banned
At the end of day, the games are what really matters.

And Nintendo still haven't shown any actual game for their new console. Already a bad move.

June- Show console. KTHXBYE.
Sep- Show controller. KTHXBYE.

Just too slow and ridiculous.

Is it really that hard to just show one or two games? Or least, tell us the specs? Hello? With nothing shown, this can mean they're not ready. And we still pretty much know nothing. I saw the video and yeah there is a lot of potential, but who are going to be making all those games? Who is going to make survival horror for you when you've just lost RE? Who is going to make fighting game for you with this kind of controller, and you've just lost SC3 as well? Who's going to be making all those cooking, fishing, dentistry games when you don't have any 2nd or 3rd party support to speak of, and while your first party are too busy making portable games? If GCN is any indication, we would be lucky to get more than 2 first party games a year. So what's after the first party games? Nintendo, you do need Rare, Silicon Knight, and Factor 5. But you let them go and they're gone. So what will you do now? You should buy someone out while you still can, but you're not doing that!

Give us the confidence in your new system. Show us the games. No, just tell us the games that you got is good enough. But you can't even do that. Without the games, no matter how great the controller is, could be wasted potential. So when will we know about the games? Next year?

With these depressing notes getting out of the way, I'm excited to play WaveRace and Pilotwings on the REV. :D But of course, we don't even know if we're actually getting them! *more complaining continues*

Yoschi

Wyzdom said:

I don't think Nintendo wants to suck the money from our pocket's like you're saying it, remember they said they would make the Revolution as cheap(in terms of money) as possible. They made the DS cost not very much, so why would they do with the Revolution/Controller.

I think the Revolution price will be between 180$ and 299$ max

Ruzbeh

Banned
Oogami said:
They showed the console back in May. Dude. At an event called 'E3', ring any bells? Yeah? May. I agree that we're getting info too slow... this info can't come soon enough! WE WANT MORE!

That steering wheel mock-up could really work. I mean it is gyroscopic and if it could read you "driving" in mid-air...I'm sorry but that would be killer IMO. Every kid in the world pretends to drive with an imaginary steering wheel, why not give them a fucking controller that allows them to do that inside a game.

The possibilities with this controller are HUGE.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oogami said:

And Nintendo still haven't shown any actual game for their new console. Already a bad move.

Just too slow and ridiculous.

Is it really that hard to just show one or two games? Or least, tell us the specs? Hello?

My thoughts as well. Controller? Cool, now show me some fucking cool ass games to sell me on it. Enough of this waiting, waiting, waiting BS. GAME ME!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
old?

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8244

eToyChest: Is this the final design for the controller? Or is this like how we saw the DS initially at E3, and when it finally came out it had been redesigned to make it more comfortable?

PK: No, this is not the final design. You won’t see that until the release is here, but we are getting much closer. Just like what was seen with the DS the designers are continuing to work on the controller.

In other words, Nintendo product engineers are hard at work hammering out the ultimate look and durability of the controller as well as its ergonomics. I think its safe to say we are in good hands with this endeavour.

eToyChest: Will all games use the Revolution’s unique controller, or will players be able to use the GameCube controller, for example, on new Revolution games?

PK: Yes, all Revolution games will use the new controller. Nintendo’s idea is that it’s all about creating the free and new experience, and the controller is central to that.

SantaC

Doc Holliday said:
old?

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8244

eToyChest: Is this the final design for the controller? Or is this like how we saw the DS initially at E3, and when it finally came out it had been redesigned to make it more comfortable?

PK: No, this is not the final design. You won’t see that until the release is here, but we are getting much closer. Just like what was seen with the DS the designers are continuing to work on the controller.

In other words, Nintendo product engineers are hard at work hammering out the ultimate look and durability of the controller as well as its ergonomics. I think its safe to say we are in good hands with this endeavour.

eToyChest: Will all games use the Revolution’s unique controller, or will players be able to use the GameCube controller, for example, on new Revolution games?

PK: Yes, all Revolution games will use the new controller. Nintendo’s idea is that it’s all about creating the free and new experience, and the controller is central to that.

ok so they're still working on the controller, that's good.

Oxymoron

I'm cautiously optimistic about the controller. I know Nintendo games will rule on this, but I just hope it doesn't kill them.

Also, new av get!

Thraktor

Kabuki Waq said:
i havent read the thread....but after looking at that controller I see no way to play:

3d fighting games
FPS games
Sport sims

honestly i think nintendo went too far this time.

FPS games are a no-brainer, and Metroid Prime 2 was even demonstrated at the keynote using the new control method.

3D fighting games don't take much thought either, just put one controller in each hand and beat the crap out of stuff, (or, for the more weapon-inclined among us, simply use the controller as a sword-hilt)

Sports sims I am quite quizzical about, baseball, etc. are pretty obvious, but something like FIFA is a bit puzzling. I suppose we'll get to see in a while if EA deliver on their promise of bringing their sports titles to the platform first.

And, to be honest, I don't actually care much that the controller will be useless for 2D fighting games. There's nothing that the PS3 and XBox360 can do with the genre that the SNES couldn't do more than a decade ago, and to be honest I don't really see the point in fitting the controller around long-stagnant genres, anyway.

Ranger X

Yoschi said:
I don't think Nintendo wants to suck the money from our pocket's like you're saying it, remember they said they would make the Revolution as cheap(in terms of money) as possible. They made the DS cost not very much, so why would they do with the Revolution/Controller.

I think the Revolution price will be between 180$ and 299$ max

Nintendo is already selling you 35 different redesigns of the same Gameboys. They also dare to sell you the same game MANY times. Look also at the connectivity shit.
This is the side of Nintendo i don't like. And a controller where you can "add" parts instead of a controller that can do everything right off the bat is an INVITATION to this Nintendo type of business crap. Now they can sell you a controller for cheap, and 13 add-ons for cheap too! = you pay more in the end but you don't realise it because it was all in small transactions.

Yoschi

Oogami said:

They want us to get exited about it first, i showed the video to my friends and they didn't even ask about a video from a game. They just were like: "That Controller is really interesting" or "I really want to try that game-genre out". They didn't even complain about the controller-design, and they were never really Nintendo-fans

Oogami said:
With these depressing notes getting out of the way, I'm excited to play WaveRace and Pilotwings on the REV. :D But of course, we don't even know if we're actually getting them! *more complaining continues*

You're right, I loved Pilotwings on SNES and am so exited about a Revolution-release !!

YakiSOBA

Thraktor said:
And, to be honest, I don't actually care much that the controller will be useless for 2D fighting games. There's nothing that the PS3 and XBox360 can do with the genre that the SNES couldn't do more than a decade ago, and to be honest I don't really see the point in fitting the controller around long-stagnant genres, anyway.

Uh, Guilty Gear X?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Alright, so people don't want to read information apparently. Well it's spread out, who can blame them. So here it is:

Here's the main controller:

04-thumb.jpg

Pretty obvious generally. What you can't see is that it can detect movement. As Reggie explains:

Obviously left and right, but you can also move in and out, pitch and yaw.

You can also turn the controller on it's side for a very quick and easy NES controller.

The bottom is an expansion port. This is essential for understanding why it can play half those games you think it can't. More later.

The first and likely main use of the expansion port is for an analogue stick attachment:

fps.jpg

What you can't see in this pic is the two triggers below the stick. According to Iwatat's speech, Nintendo plan to pack this attachment in with the system.

With the analogue stick attachment, the Revolution controller has as many buttons easily to hand as a Dual Shock minus the D pad.

For an idea of the size:

dpfqc8.jpg

That's not the only expansion though. The one we know of makes the controller work for traditional games. Yes, even though for many genres the normal set up doesn't hinder things anyway, Nintendo are still providing a normal controller feel. From Iwata's speech:

But how will existing games be played with this controller? How can I play virtual console games, Nintendo games using Revolution virtual console features, some people might already be wondering about this. In order to prevent the console video becoming overly complicated, we did not explain how we would solve this. However, by taking advantage of the controller expansion feature you will be able to play the exisiting games, virtual console games, multiplatform games using what we call the classic style expansion controller. This is an expansion controller with the shape of existing controllers into which the freehand style controller can be inserted, so please rest assured all your favourite games will play well on Revolution.

What other expansions are to come? Who knows? The good thing about the expansions though is that it can allow so many different games. Worried about your fighters? A 6 button (or whatever) expansion removes all that worry, assuming you're not using an arcade stick anyway.

So is it true that the new set up will make a few genres great and screw the others? Not even close (unless I mention it, I'm talking about the normal controller and analogue stick combo, not even the classic style expansion controller mentioned above):

RPGs - Not a problem.

FPSs - Better than ever.

RTSs - Better than ever.

Fighters - Problem. Easily solved by releasing an add on with face buttons (as many as the game needs, shoulder buttons if it wants it) OR using the classic style expansion controller OR using the arcade sticks you guys seem to love anyway

Platformers - Not a problem.

Racers - Not a problem/better than ever.

Action/adventure - Better than ever.

Flight games - Better than ever.

Puzzlers - Not a problem.

God games/puppy sims - Better than ever.

Music games - Probably needs an extra peripheral but always has. A game like Samba however, you'd just need two normal Revolution controllers.

Party - Not a problem.

Sports - Well...you tell me. Don't play them much. If they'd work, fine. If not, one of these solutions will work. Either a different expansion, or the classic style expansion controller.

Extreme sports - Like the above, except given the Revolution's ability to detect tilt and things, could be better than ever.

Shmups - Not a problem.

I am of course talking in console terms, not PC.

I think that clears up most of the confusion. If anyone suggests anything else, I'll edit.

xabre

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:

3d fighting games
FPS games
Sport sims

Well I suggest you read the thread because nothing there cannot be done.

Just on 2D fighters like street fighter though, the genre that everyone thinks is so undoable, I came up with a unique little control scheme -

2D fighting games under this scheme would be primarily played through a combination of motioning attacks with the remote, movement and jumping with the analogue stick controller and only two primary attack buttons, punch and kick, with the Z1 and Z2 buttons on the rear of the analogue stick controller.

This scheme would work by pressing either the punch or kick buttons and replicating the light, medium or hard variants with the remote through motioning. For example, pressing punch in addition to a quick thrust of the remote in the direction of an opponent could simulate a hard punch, or a kick in addition to a slower thrust could be a light kick. More complex movements could be used to simulate special attacks, through methods such as a down-up motion plus kick done at the appropriate speed to simulate the power of the kick or through a variety of other motions. As the analogue stick is used to move back and forward as well as up and down, using it in addition to remote motioning adds even further complexity, more so than any traditional joystick plus six button scheme because you now have access to that in a far more intuitive way as well as access to another axis (analogue stick) to make things yet more complex.

That's it, a classic 2D fighter replicated through remote controller motioning (not great movements mind you, short subtle movements are perfectly sufficient), an analogue stick and a grand total of two buttons. Of course the other six buttons on the remote (four way D-Pad plus A and reverse side B buttons) as well as the remote tilt function which could well be used for plenty of other things as well.

MutFox

Banned
Any "HARDCORE" Fighting game fan would say that almost every Pad out now SUCKS for the genre.
(In my eye's the best fighting game pad was the N64 controller,
6 Face buttons lined up like the arcade + a NON-Webbed Digital Pad, and it recieved like NO fighting games.) :lol

Only 4 face buttons on normal controllers??
That sucks for Capcom fighters.

Any person that is actually serious about playing Fighting Games would have an Arcade Joystick.
(I have my X-Arcade Stick, and am Happy as hell with it.)

The only reason people are complaining is that they've become used to using the shoulder buttons for fighting games,
but seriously, they SUCK.

SantaC

Mama Smurf said:
Alright, so people don't want to read information apparently. Well it's spread out, who can blame them. So here it is:

Here's the main controller:

04-thumb.jpg

Pretty obvious generally. What you can't see is that it can detect movement. As Reggie explains:

You can also turn the controller on it's side for a very quick and easy NES controller.

The bottom is an expansion port. This is essential for understanding why it can play half those games you think it can't. More later.

The first and likely main use of the expansion port is for an analogue stick attachment:

fps.jpg

What you can't see in this pic is the two triggers below the stick. According to Iwatat's speech, Nintendo plan to pack this attachment in with the system.

With the analogue stick attachment, the Revolution controller has as many buttons easily to hand as a Dual Shock minus the D pad.

For an idea of the size:

dpfqc8.jpg

That's not the only expansion though. The one we know of makes the controller work for traditional games. Yes, even though for many genres the normal set up doesn't hinder things anyway, Nintendo are still providing a normal controller feel. From Iwata's speech:

What other expansions are to come? Who knows? The good thing about the expansions though is that it can allow so many different games. Worried about your fighters? A 6 button (or whatever) expansion removes all that worry, assuming you're not using an arcade stick anyway.

So is it true that the new set up will make a few genres great and screw the others? Not even close (unless I mention it, I'm talking about the normal controller and analogue stick combo, not even the classic style expansion controller mentioned above):

RPGs - Not a problem.

FPSs - Better than ever.

RTSs - Better than ever.

Fighters - Problem. Easily solved by releasing an add on with face buttons (as many as the game needs, shoulder buttons if it wants it) OR using the classic style expansion controller OR using the arcade sticks you guys seem to love anyway

Platformers - Not a problem.

Racers - Not a problem/better than ever.

Action/adventure - Better than ever.

Flight games - Better than ever.

Puzzlers - Not a problem.

God games/puppy sims - Better than ever.

Music games - Probably needs an extra peripheral but always has. A game like Samba however, you'd just need two normal Revolution controllers.

Party - Not a problem.

Sports - Well...you tell me. Don't play them much. If they'd work, fine. If not, one of these solutions will work. Either a different expansion, or the classic style expansion controller.

Extreme sports - Like the above, except given the Revolution's ability to detect tilt and things, could be better than ever.

Shmups - Not a problem.

I am of course talking in console terms, not PC.

I think that clears up most of the confusion. If anyone suggests anything else, I'll edit.

Good post. Clears up a lot of problems.

dkeane

How awesome would it be to play Ikaruga or Silver Gun with this controller. It would be so much fun. I can't wait to see some insane uses of this thing.

AssMan

Banned
Was it mentioned that you can connect the mouse like controller to the remote and make it "one" to play more conventional games?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Saw the picture, thought it was horrible.

Watched the video, thought at first well, they look ridiculous... but then as the film progressed, I realized this really IS an incredibly cool and innovative way to play games. The analog stick attachment, the steering wheel attachment. It's brilliant.

I'll have to play with the Rev controller first, and for now the Xbox 360 controller's the best gamepad ever made, but the Rev controller truly is revolutionary.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Playing Zelda with that thing is going to be amazing.

Something like that does look harmless enough where pretty much anyone can use it. I think Nintendo made the right move.

Yoschi

Wyzdom said:
Nintendo is already selling you 35 different redesigns of the same Gameboys. They also dare to sell you the same game MANY times. Look also at the connectivity shit.
This is the side of Nintendo i don't like. And a controller where you can "add" parts instead of a controller that can do everything right off the bat is an INVITATION to this Nintendo type of business crap. Now they can sell you a controller for cheap, and 13 add-ons for cheap too! = you pay more in the end but you don't realise it because it was all in small transactions.

I have to agree with you somehow, we are consumer whores in the point of keep buying the same shit again and again but that's our fault too. I we don't want to buy it again, we don't have to.
Here an example what I exacly meaned:
If I only want to buy a console with a game I have to pay(Nintendo):
Rev ~250$ + Game ~50$ = ~300 $
(Sony):
PS3 ~400$ + Game ~50$ = ~450 $

I have 150 bucks left If i buy a Revolution, could spend those on something or just keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom