• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REZ infinite now out on PC, with full VR support, 20% discount at launch (19.99).

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Developers come to Dead End Thrills and provide them with special builds of their games with access to controls that allow them to take screenshots otherwise impossible to achieve as a player, and their list of 'clients' include major publishers. They aren't just some nobody website, so it's completely plausible that they would be on a mailing list that would happen to give out this kind of information.

What good would it do for them to lie about a press release, when they have an actual standing within the games community?

I didnt say he's a nobody website. But such (release) info tend to be need-to-know basis. He's not a press member/journalist so its also possible he is in a seperate mailing list.

even if he's on the mailing list and got the info, and he now sees his client teasing something on twitter, its rather logical to think that he shouldn't go ahead and spoil the tease at his client's twitter. It take too much work for that leak to happen.

Dead End Thrills' twitter also act as his personal twitter account too.

Of course it'll have Oculus/Vive support. It will be beyond idiotic to not include the best method to experience this game.
Do we have actual reason to doubt it won't?

For some odd reason I already thought it was on PC with VR support, here's hoping it will.

Pachael

What good would it do for them to lie about a press release, when they have an actual standing within the games community?

I'd like to think this was a poor decision, since this could have been done as part of a marketing tease by Sega Europe (?) Like what they did for Vanquish PC.

Then they and the title will share the spotlight. Now it feels like a surprise is ruined.

robotrock

Banned
I'd like to think this was a poor decision, since this could have been done as part of a marketing tease by Sega Europe (?) Like what they did for Vanquish PC.

Then they and the title will share the spotlight. Now it feels like a surprise is ruined.
I don't think SEGA has much to do with Rez anymore

I think this has more to do with Sony's involvement with REZ Infinite.

Probably that they're allowed to release it on PC after a full exclusivity period... But they're not allowed to talk about a PC version until very shortly before release.

Much like how people have been thinking that Sony has been making deals for platform-announcement embargoes for non-PS4 versions of JRPGs now that Steam and GOG have appeared to be credible threats to PlayStation's monopoly on the genre.

D3VI0US

They'd be dumb not to put this on Steam/Vive, they would sell so many copies and this game deserves as wide an audience as possible.

Played the 360 version a ton, wouldn't mind a PC VR version... but hopefully with motioncontroller support... maybe the game would simply be to easy then but I don't care!

Lakuza

will definately buy this is it comes out with full vr support (including motion controllers).Never played rez but heard great things about it :)

will definately buy this is it comes out with full vr support (including motion controllers).Never played rez but heard great things about it :)

I own it on PS4 so I have no desire to buy it again on PC, but I absolutely hope it has VR support as well so everyone else can experience it.

HvySky

I've never played Rez, but I always just assumed it was already on PC. This seems like a pretty big deal if it's never been on the platform before.

Tain

This would be such wasted potential without VR support.

I mean, PC Rez is great and I hope it happens regardless but now that I've played Rez in VR I want to play Rez in VR with a different world-scale.

MaDKaT

Hope it's true and will support but what I really want is Rez VR. That I will gift to a number of folks I know.

Let's see, I've bought:

• Rez (PS2, US)
• Rez (PS2, JP with Trance Vibrator)
• Rez HD (XBLA)
• Qubed! (360, Multi Pack with Rez HD)
• Rez Infinite (PSN)
• Rez Infinite (IAm8Bit's shitty Physical Release and their nice Vinyl Release)

Yeah I'd buy Rez on PC. And on XBO.
AND ON SWITCH, PLEASE?

SMG

I hope all this leads to a new game following in what Area X stated. Loved that, worth the cost of the game itself.

Let's see, I've bought:

• Rez (PS2, US)
• Rez HD (XBLA)
• Rez Infinite (PSN)

AND ON SWITCH, PLEASE?

Is there a Dreamcast version of WiiUoutside.jpg?

I don't blame you tho. 30 fps :scust:

Let's see, I've bought:

• Rez (PS2, US)
• Rez HD (XBLA)
• Rez Infinite (PSN)

AND ON SWITCH, PLEASE?

Did you ever consider going for the Japanese PS4 box set? At the time I thought it was too expensive but now its gone I neeeeeeed it!

http://www.iam8bit.jp/items/5428943

Top Bottom