• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix |OT| ft. 100+ Minigames, Story Mode, and more!

pHand

Karate Man Returns (GBA) uses the original Japanese version's vocals, which were also originally in English. The other Karate Man games use the DS and Wii English vocals.

It seems that the Wii games keep their existing localizations, so you get to "enjoy" "Let's go read a bunch of books!" all over again.

Space/Cosmic Dance got new Engrish vocals for the directions. It literally sounds like someone from Intelligent Systems dubbed it in.

And I vote that the full "Tokimeki no Story" gets added to the OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d84HikrUDRI

Edit: Credits song was instrumentalized.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
have you tried bobbing your head.. makes you feel like a goofy idiot but it's so fun.

This actually kind of helped, haha.

The tutorial said to not focus what's on screen---do pros close their eyes and just listen?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Q: Does this game use touch control like the DS game?
A: Nope, not at all. Everything is controlled with buttons, including the returning games from Rhythm Heaven DS.

Might be worth updating the OP, as in the Cafe you can choose to use the touchscreen instead.

Kinsei

Banned
I go to sleep and this is announced? Sleep is the most evil thing ever. Ugh, Now I have to wait until the stores open to get a Nintendo Eshop code.

zroid

Banned
The bottom screen sure adds a whole new layer to this game

definitely think it's going to help people improve their skill in the long run

Definitely a shame about the lack of lyric localization, but I'll take what I can get. So glad this came out here~ And I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far. It really seems like the "ultimate" Rhythm Heaven experience.

I thought I had really good rhythm until the bottom screen told me otherwise.

Hylian7

Really bizarre how they just went "fuck it, we just translated text and used old English vocals, here you go". eShop only was unexpected too, but makes sense since the series hasn't sold well in the West. Dual audio is a godsend though. Now I don't have to endure the awful vocals from the DS games.

Took this game's launch as an excuse to grab a $50 eshop card. Picked up this, pocket card jockey, and the Oracle games on sale. It feels great to be buying games for my 3ds again!

FSLink

Banned
yeah I LOVE the bottom screen telling you if you're early or late in your peripheral vision.

I actually usually disable it in the JPN version because it distracts me.

Blah can't get this until I go back home since I didn't bring my 3DS on my trip. Is there any English footage of Space Dance?

Kinsei

Banned
I actually usually disable it in the JPN version because it distracts me.

Blah can't get this until I go back home since I didn't bring my 3DS on my trip. Is there any English footage of Space Dance?

If you do that does the game still let you know when the skill star is coming up? If so then I'll do the same.

Oh man, that sudden release. Europe ASAP pls. Played it through in Japanese and was amazing, but I can't wait to try and make some sense of what's going on.

stalker

Oh man, digital only? That's a shame. Retail please Europe.

Yes, I want this game but I will not buy it on the eshop, even less at the suggested $ price.
Anyway I doubt it will be physical in Europe, the DS game was one of the few Nintendo games that reached bargain bin price and stood there for a long time.

I'm so happy the ds games aren't touch anymore.

I couldn't get into RHG because of the vertical control scheme and touch controls and I preferred the original for that reason.

Intel_89

Hopefully Europe gets a boxed copy. I want... No I need this game!

B3kxHEI.png

Holding on to this and the many amazon listings for dear life
please don't throw us a curve ball NoE :(

ryushe

Already imported and played this game to death, but I'm super tempted to double dip cause it's just so good.

That and now I can make sense of the admittedly unnecessary story.

Top Bottom