• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

CallMeSHAFT

Neo Member
It took me way too long to realize Bucket Head was Joel McHale. Picked up on that little more than halfway in, which is pretty bad considering I'm doing a re-watch of Community ATM.

timshundo

Something feels diffent about this episode and i like it. It had heart.

Like you can only rely on poop jokes for so long. I cant imagine the quality of season 1 and 2 are sustainable. Sooner or later the showrunnners are gonna start to get crusty and will have to rely on more peoples ideas which the show becomes a vessel for and im all for that. Adventure Time went the same way after Pen Ward left. Some people didnt like it, some people embrased it. We’ll see how this goes!

Godcannon

Post credits almost stole the show, but Morty's possessed arm was SO good. Also liked the Mad Max World, since Fury Road is one of my favorites of recent.

Not crazy about the divorce stuff, just not funny enough, but if it somehow leads to something great then it will work fine.

big_z

v1F1hk3.png

Zubz

Banned
So with the fact the title card on all the commercials shows Rick and Beth in the shitty living room in the post apocalypse universe and they showed a Pocket Mortys version of Beth called "Wasteland Beth" on the commercial for next week's episode, I'm going to assume there's going to be a lot more of that place in the season?

I noticed the living room was used in the commercials but I thought it was just recycled assets. That said, you raise a good point with Wasteland Beth; they made sure to call the other avatar "Original Jerry" despite Cronenbergverse Jerry looking even more feral than she did.

I guess I can't be too pissed since Adult Swim itself is actually carrying it, but it would be nice if I hadn't spent the last hour trying to get the streaming to work for 12 minutes of content

SalvaPot

It was an ok episode, the first episode was just sooo much better, I felt this one was more plot than jokes and I am not sure if that is what I want out of Rick and Morty, I guess we'll see.

LotusHD

Banned
It was an ok episode, the first episode was just sooo much better, I felt this one was more plot than jokes and I am not sure if that is what I want out of Rick and Morty, I guess we'll see.

It's becoming more like Bojack Horseman in terms of mixing depression, plot, and jokes, which is fine by me, felt like it was always going down this path since the 2nd season anyhow.

---

The thread title is pretty amusing after today's episode.

F!ReW!Re

Thought that was pretty awesome.
Don't get the jokes fell flat comments, laughed out loud a couple of times;

Exhibit A;
”They don't have to keep trying to kill us if we join them. They're basically pussies."—Summer

Exhibit B;
"Looooooseeeeerrrrrr

Next week! Bring it!

HotHamBoy

Thought that was pretty awesome.
Don't get the jokes fell flat comments, laughed out loud a couple of times;

Exhibit A;
“They don’t have to keep trying to kill us if we join them. They’re basically pussies.”—Summer

Exhibit B;
"Looooooseeeeerrrrrr

Next week! Bring it!

Worst joke of the episode and they did it twice.

Shauni

I liked the episode, but I kind of get where people are coming from that didn't. It's definitely a shift from previous episodes, and there is something a bit...off about the characters it feels like, too. But that's mostly due to the new status quo, I guess.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I liked the episode, but I kind of get where people are coming from that didn't. It's definitely a shift from previous episodes, and there is something a bit...off about the characters it feels like, too. But that's mostly due to the new status quo, I guess.
From what I understand it's what going through a divorce is like. Sorta the same but kinda different.

Lupercal

Banned
Damn, what a terrific episode.
Lot's of little quick jokes/statements from Rick and Summer was actually good this episode.
Loved Morty's existential crisis speech and it finally got us caring a bit about Jerry.

If they're all like this, best season ever bitchessss.

Zelias

Banned
Episode was alright, not great, though maybe my expectations were set a bit too high after the stellar season opener. I feel like it might pick up on rewatches. Post-credits scene was great.

Anyway hype for Pickle Rick!

UberTag

So does Summer just have a face tattoo now?
I suspect it'll be gone next week. Just made sense for her to still have it when visiting Jerry because it was the first thing she wanted to do upon returning home.
Would have been silly for her to take the time to get it removed beforehand. I appreciate little details like that to reinforce a character's motivations.

The thread title is pretty amusing after today's episode.
By the end of this season, everyone will be focused on keeping themselves safe from Summer.

Violet_0

Banned
was an okay episode, the Mad Max reference should have ended after the first car chase and I don't know why they threw GoT in there as well. Jerry and the dog was the best scene

Ogodei

The humor in the episode mostly felt forced outside of Armothy and Robot Morty and Summer. The "loooserr" bits went too far into explaining the joke or just feeling like meanness for its own sake.

Tawpgun

I had this fear after episode 1.

They seem to be going for a more overarching plot, re-using old dimensions and conflicts.

I'd rather they have more one off episodes. Just basic random adventures. The over arching "plot" should be secondary.

PSqueak

Banned
Screw the haters, the episode was hilarious, and the Arm subplot was the best.

Also, poor robot morty getting killed after gaining sentience. Deliciously dark.

RyanW

I had this fear after episode 1.

They seem to be going for a more overarching plot, re-using old dimensions and conflicts.

I'd rather they have more one off episodes. Just basic random adventures. The over arching "plot" should be secondary.

I don't doubt there'll be more one offs but I'd say it'd be pretty hard to ignore something as big as episode 1 immediately after it happens.

Tawpgun

I don't doubt there'll be more one offs but I'd say it'd be pretty hard to ignore something as big as episode 1 immediately after it happens.

Yeah that's why I'm hoping it will go back to normal. But so far the vibe is they will be mentioning the divorce in every episode. Morty is all dressed up in the preview and I'm assuming it has something to do with that. The Season 3 trailer also gave that vibe.

I'm just hoping for interdimensional cable 3

was an okay episode, the Mad Max reference should have ended after the first car chase and I don't know why they threw GoT in there as well. Jerry and the dog was the best scene

Totally agree, "Max Max" dragged on too long. It's not as relevant anymore.

I mean, the growth from Summer was nice, but that could have happened with a more timeless reference point or plot.

Was still pretty good though, Hulkamania/Cena arm, and the wind made it enjoyable.

Top Bottom