• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption |OT|

megalowho

Man, put a bunch of time into this over the weekend. Great game but I think I'm done, or at least burnt out on it for now. Have purchased most everything in the shop with just a few fish left but not sure how to proceed. One more area and some Jetpack Joyride-like challenges would give this even more legs, but it's a lot of fun to chip away at over a weekend as is.

Zia

I didn't quite pick up what the reference was to be honest? Was it Indy? I assumed it was something, but didn't know what or realized what reference was the hat's name.

They're all Spelunky items, hence the sort-of "roguelike" system of obtaining them.

usea

I tried to buy this game for a coworker since it's his birthday. Apple won't let you buy shit unless you install itunes or own an ios device. WTF. No way am I installing itunes. Sorry, I had to gripe.

Loved the flash version of this game, love vlambeer. I can only assume this version is amazing.

I tried to buy this game for a coworker since it's his birthday. Apple won't let you buy shit unless you install itunes or own an ios device. WTF. No way am I installing itunes. Sorry, I had to gripe.

Loved the flash version of this game, love vlambeer. I can only assume this version is amazing.

Uhhh...how else would you buy it?

Naka

I absolutely love this game. After seeing all the praise on Twitter I broke down Friday night and bought it. I have definitely put a few hours into it and just want to keep playing. I'm on the 4th level,
The Maelstrom
and only need 1 more fish against the current objective.

What' the consensus on best gun? I'm using the auto shotgun but feel there is probably a better option. I'm saving for the Bazooka I suppose. I still need to grab the Infinity Line as well after just purchasing the largest fuel tank.

Tash

Anyone else got his "species caught" bugged out? It doesn't update with fish and shows as empty on all my levels :/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I really want to hear what the hell was the "accusations of racism" claim about this game? It makes literally zero sense to me... because it's using angular, origami-like visuals?

What' the consensus on best gun? I'm using the auto shotgun but feel there is probably a better option. I'm saving for the Bazooka I suppose. I still need to grab the Infinity Line as well after just purchasing the largest fuel tank.
Auto Shotgun is the best until you can afford bazooka. In fact, I'd say under some conditions auto shotgun is the best period. It requires more shooting time, but you can move it around faster than bazooka allows.

Naka

I really want to hear what the hell was the "accusations of racism" claim about this game?

Auto Shotgun is the best until you can afford bazooka. In fact, I'd say under some conditions auto shotgun is the best period. It requires more shooting time, but you can move it around faster than bazooka allows.

Cool, good to know, thank you. I think I'll buy the infinity line next instead of the Bazooka then.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

You can hand him $3

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
I really want to hear what the hell was the "accusations of racism" claim about this game? It makes literally zero sense to me... because it's using angular, origami-like visuals?
There was a twitter kerfuffle because the store guy had what Wikipedia calls a "conical Asian hat", represented in game by a triangle.

Naka

Just got the ending to the story, pretty cool! I'm still 14 fish shy of getting everything in the fish-o-pedia though. I haven't reached 1km in Maelstrom yet so I assume I will find a few more once I get that deep. I hope they put out more content for this game eventually, it really is addicting!

Alright, I've got one fish left to get and I can't find it. In the Encyclopedia, it's between the Footstache and the Moray (near the bottom), and its description is "????? LOCATION UNKNOWN"

I don't have much trouble getting to 1000 in Maelstorm, but haven't been able to find whatever the hell this thing is. Help?

Vyer

Alright, I've got one fish left to get and I can't find it. In the Encyclopedia, it's between the Footstache and the Moray (near the bottom), and its description is "????? LOCATION UNKNOWN"

I don't have much trouble getting to 1000 in Maelstorm, but haven't been able to find whatever the hell this thing is. Help?

I don't have the moray yet but after the footstache is the Mimic Fish. Found it at maelstrom when I got the footstache (at night)

Zia

tZhElkr.jpg

"So, like, I'm a fish and I'm flying through the cosmos."

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just got the ending to the story, pretty cool! I'm still 14 fish shy of getting everything in the fish-o-pedia though. I haven't reached 1km in Maelstrom yet so I assume I will find a few more once I get that deep. I hope they put out more content for this game eventually, it really is addicting!
This. It's a great game I just want more content.

-More fish to try and catch
-More places to fish
-Some new twists on gameplay possibly.

heringer

Did you use both fingers for the dual minigun? Seems to me that's much better than the auto shotgun.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The praise for this game absolutely confounds me. Nothing about this game strikes me as special, at all.

Edit: I don't remember the game that came out a long time ago that stole from this game that just came out, but I had more fun with that one. Maybe the entire gameplay concept is just old to me now.

Is there some kind of option to mute the sound in this game or at least use your own music while playing?

I pretty much thought that was standard in all iOS releases but can't find it here.

Naka

Is there some kind of option to mute the sound in this game or at least use your own music while playing?

I pretty much thought that was standard in all iOS releases but can't find it here.

Vlambeer acknowledged on Twitter this was an oversight on their part. He mentioned a fix will be coming but they are on the road with PAX and GDC so it wouldn't be until after that.

https://twitter.com/Vlambeer/status/313725610449043456

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The praise for this game absolutely confounds me. Nothing about this game strikes me as special, at all.

Edit: I don't remember the game that came out a long time ago that stole from this game that just came out, but I had more fun with that one. Maybe the entire gameplay concept is just old to me now.

I tried the other game today. It's fucking awful. The controls are shit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Cool thing is my friend and I went to school with Greg, my friend knew him from design classes. I've met him once, cool dude. Glad to see him get success.

Let me guess, you're not a big fan of arcade games?

It's simple arcade gameplay, but getting higher scores (ie deeper depths) does require skill.

Beyond that the game has a great visual style, and the music is fantastic. It's also got a fun progression system, unlocking new items and areas to fish.

It's clearly not a "big" game, but what it offers for $3 is fantastic IMO.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the main story and made it to the top 5
% lol
on the depth leaderboards.

I haven't obsessed so much about an iOS game since Super Hexagon.

yurinka

Sadly my iPod was stolen because I'd buy it. Sounds great, and loved Super Crate Box. Hope they release it for Android or Vita soon.

Megatron

I'm still on the first fishing spot. I was given the option to move but I wanted to stay and keep fishing for a while. Now I can't figure out how to move to the next spot. Anyone know how?

Top Bottom