• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime [PS4] If ICO and Wind Waker had a baby

Made a cover for the game. Thanks @Zajora for the 3D-Template.

As I haven't seen an official placeholder-Cover yet and I love this games artwork I thought I post it here as well. Feel free to use/edit.

Look in the Custom Cover Art Thread for the full-resolution Printable.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78006073&postcount=2389

Gorgeous :)

This game probably held the most interest on my facebook wall. It simply looks fantastic! It reminded me allot of oban star racers

Yeah, I agree with this as another thing it made me think of.

Amir0x

Banned
I've been wanting to say this since I saw this video at Gamescom:

holy shit. I mean, wow. I hope TequilaWorks can pull off the gameplay to be as amazing as the visual direction. I never played their other game.

Except... Deadlight really wasn't good. At all.

This certainly looks a lot more promising, however.

My point is, Globox was trying to provide evidence that Deadlight was "trash" by telling us it has a review metascore of 68 -- which is by no means a bad score. I've not played the game so I can't comment, but there's this silly notion among some gamers that anything below a 7 out of 10 is bad.

ZoddGutts

My point is, Globox was trying to provide evidence that Deadlight was "trash" by telling us it has a review metascore of 68 -- which is by no means a bad score. I've not played the game so I can't comment, but there's this silly notion among some gamers that anything below a 7 out of 10 is bad.

Plus who's to say they won't improve. Klei Entertainment really up their game when they released Mark of the Ninja, their previous two games 'Shank' were really shallow games, Mark of the Ninja on the other hand was one of the best indie games of 2012. Rime will be Tequila Works second game, here's hoping they'll get better.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

holy shit. I mean, wow. I hope TequilaWorks can pull off the gameplay to be as amazing as the visual direction. I never played their other game.

Deadlight? This is a giant step up. They're being backed by Sony and it shows. A project like this will see their full ambition hopefully.

hurzelein

I would pay money for a good researched and interesting to read Tequila Works/ Rime artstyle influences / Developer interview / Cel-Shading-Comic-Drawn-Looking-Games Special.

I was wondering where your post was, then I saw 'banned', oop, lol

Bundy

Banned

One thing, which is really fascinating imo, is: A lot of these Gamescom Games (Helldivers, RIME, Resogun, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, Shadow of the Beast, etc.) are all SONY IP's.

Solidino

new screen

Ei9W65y.jpg

Famassu

You can bet your ass it's gonna be the case. 100% guaranteed.
Only if you ignore everything said about the game. It's open-world and has day/night cycle as well as Metroidvania-like advancement. Doesn't sound like a 2 hour experience unless every day/night cycle is, like, 2 minutes long, the island is ridonculously small and there are only a few abilities. I'd expect at least anything between 5 to 10 hours.

Only if you ignore everything said about the game. It's open-world and has day/night cycle as well as Metroidvania-like advancement. Doesn't sound like a 2 hour experience unless every day/night cycle is, like, 2 minutes long, the island is ridonculously small and there are only a few abilities. I'd expect at least anything between 5 to 10 hours.

I had not heard this. It sounds awesome! Can't wait to find out more about it over the next however many months. Much more interested in games like this than Ryse, Killzone, Driveclub Motorsport, etc.

MDSLKTR

I confused the developer with the guys behind guacamelee lol. Deadlight was good, one of the few indie games I bothered finishing on pc.

is there going to be a giant creature in this game that helps you?

how come i haven't heard of this game till now? i will buy a ps4 just for this

Sony has too much Ammo in 2014. Still haven't seen ALOT of Infamous. Still haven't seen alot of Driveclub. Everybody's gone to rapture, Galak-Z, Rime, The Witness is still a mystery, etc. Still don't know the release date to War Thunder US, Planetside 2, Final Fantasy XIV, DriveClub, or pretty much any other game in 2014 sans a couple.

Rime is looking incredible though. Great pic there. Wallpaper worthy.

Top Bottom