• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP PSN account. Hello Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

Apath

And to celebrate this announcement, Sony has announced a one-time offer for current PSN users to change their PSN ID? :D

Orca

Consolidating all their services at long last, from the sounds of it. Not a bad idea, if they've made sure all those services have their security flaw patching up to date.

Dueck

Banned
Sen is not pleased
NInYV.jpg

Somebody's got a rapist wit!
rwit.jpg

I can't believe they are renaming it. I think it may hinder the brand recognition.

Carl

On February 8, 2012, your “PlayStation®Network account” will be renamed a “Sony Entertainment Network account” or a “SEN account” in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 system software and PlayStation®Vita system software updates

Can't wait for a new firmware next week!

Orca

Not like he can't start doing stuff now, he's effectively in charge once they decided.

That was two days ago, it's a little early to have rolled out something large - especially given how slow Sony's many wings have been at flapping together in the past.

Emitan

That was two days ago, it's a little early to have rolled out something large - especially given how slow Sony's many wings have been at flapping together in the past.

It was announced two days ago and heavily rumored before. We don't really know how long he was decided to be the new CEO.

Interesting doesn't matter if they change the name I guess there doing it to bring the ps3 and vita into one group or something.

Carl

Interesting doesn't matter if they change the name I guess there doing it to bring the ps3 and vita into one group or something.

Doing it to integrate the PSN platform more. Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited both use PSN but they call it SEN. SEN has also been running PSN for quite some time. This is just finishing the transition off.

Vire

Uhhhh k?

Seems a bit strange to change it this late the game.

Not a fan of the way the acronym sounds either. Whatever...

Top Bottom