• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP PSN account. Hello Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I see this as Sony First step of dropping the unpopular Playstation name and brand.

Maybe Vita will get a rebranding soon too.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Dear Sony,

I just want to change my user name, that is all. Don't make me create a new account for the Vita.

Signed,
A couple of people here and there.

BHK3

Banned
So...I'm a member of SEN+ now!?

Bison approves.
yesc.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Next Sony console not called Playstation.

Exactly what I thought as soon as I read this news. Sony may consider the PlayStation brand tainted and will come up with a new name.

Nintendo should follow suit before keeping that terrible Wii U name.

NIN90

I see this as Sony First step of dropping the unpopular Playstation name and brand.

Maybe Vita will get a rebranding soon too.

The Playstation brand is pretty huge over here in europe as far as I can tell. People don't play videa games, they play Playstation.

Guy Legend

No way they drop the Playstation name. It's about unifying their online service across platforms and devices....not changing the name of their gaming hardware platform.

It probably means the Network will be used on other devices, such as cellphones and tablets. That's the only reason I could think of for the name change.

Haunted

It probably means the Network will be used on other devices, such as cellphones and tablets. That's the only reason I could think of for the name change.
Yeah, I guess that's an alternative explanation. Kaz said he wants Sony to focus more on gaming on mobile phones (sadly).

Carl

Video and Music Unlimited both use the PSN platform and spread across tablets, TVs, mobiles, and Blu-Ray players. Obviously it's not Playstation centric anymore.

If this is for an across the board Sony brand thing, why not just call it a SONY account/SONY Network? Why the forced acronym?

Raonak

Banned
As soon as the sony online network got named, i figured PSN would be merged into it sooner or later.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They better not ditch the PlayStation brand after building it's reputation over the past 18 years. That would just be dumb.

Smart but it really should just be one word that be attached to the end of pretty much anything like LIVE.

If it was me I would have continued the Unlimited brand thing they have going,

Call it Sony Unlimited.

They already have Videos Unlimited and Music Unlimited,

Eventually rename PSN to PlayStation Unlimited at some point.

Pretty sure its what the marketing foke call creating a cohesive brand.

They better not ditch the PlayStation brand after building it's reputation over the past 18 years. That would just be dumb.

Not what they are doing... Now the Playstation Store / other playstation stuff is just part of SEN just like Vidzone and the Music / movie unlimited stuff.

PlayStation isnt going anywhere..

Top Bottom