• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider 4K comparison: Xbox one X vs PS4Pro vs PC

KainXVIII

A thread on a comparison video with both new consoles and PC which shows the 1X in a great light?
Must be made by a fanboy!

Quit this shit.

Why so touchy? Comparison is already proven to be compromised, so we better wait for DF.

leeh

Yeah, except the video is proven to be dubious at best.
With PC yeah, and presuming they picked the 1080p mode for the quality settings to make it show more comparatively over YT?

Doesn't mean OP is a fanboy for crying out loud, its the first video we've seen comparing all 3.

Skilletor

A thread on a comparison video with both new consoles and PC which shows the 1X in a great light?

Quit this shit.

PC version I'm playing doesn't look like that youtube vid. I don't give a shit about agendas, but this video isn't an accurate representation of the PC.

With PC yeah, and presuming they picked the 1080p mode for the quality settings to make it show more comparatively over YT?

Doesn't mean OP is a fanboy for crying out loud, its the first video we've seen comparing all 3.

Youtube can do 4k, tho.

Hallowed

Yeah, this is weird. The PC version looks shit, and I don't know how that's even possible.

I'm not buying this comparison - something is very off.

The post you quoted was about the video comparison. Not the thread.

King_Moc

Banned

Quit this shit.

The video title literally states the pc version isn't maxed out. And it's blatantly not shot at 4k. Maybe check for bias a little closer to home.

Space_nut

Xbox One X runs at 4k with better graphical settings and textures than pro at 1080p.

Gosh dang

Running the pro at 4kcb would make it look worse as it would just be base console settings

Dem 4k assets

Gurish

The differences in IQ between Pro and XB1X are very noticeable even through a 720P iPad screen, but I do need to see it properly on a 4K screen to really compare.

But yeah obviously makes sense that games will look better on the OneX.

Edit: wait Pro footage is at 1080P? seems from comments that it's a bad comparison. Guess we gonna have to wait to DF footage and analysis.

leeh

The post you quoted was about the video comparison. Not the thread.
I may of completely grabbed the wrong end of the stick.
giphy.gif

sirap

lolwut. I just played this game 10 minutes ago and it looks nowhere near as blurry as that footage. I wasn't even running this game at the Blade's native display, just standard 1080p with settings at Very High.

Space_nut

Bullshit regarding that. It would be a much better comparison. Comparing it with the soft as fuck 1080p is bullshit.

Nope

Textures won't look any better as well as other graphical effects. 4kcb on pro runs with less graphical features than 1080p. So it was a good thing they used the 1080p version of pro to show off since it's the mode with the highest graphical features it can do

Also pro don't use 4k assets

Looking forward to the professionals over at DF ripping these games to pieces with the PC, Pro and X comparison videos come November.

Should be enlightening :)

eso76

I can't wait till proper next gen cross gen games.

Videos comparing 7 versions of the same game.
PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS4Pro, Xbox One X, PS5 and XBOXOXO8X.

I'm sure DF can't wait either.

Oh and devs themselves.

bryanee

Nope

Textures won't look any better as well as other graphical effects. 4kcb on pro runs with less graphical features than 1080p. So it was a good thing they used the 1080p version of pro to show off since it's the mode with the highest graphical features it can do

Nope.

The 4K mode has always looked better on 4K sets and on 1080 displays.

Another comparison with what I assume is 4K mode on Pro as it looks a lot better than whats on display in the OP video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVsDH4EOLWE

Looking at that video, I really don't get these midlife machines. The difference between the versions are not game changing in any way and I don't think they would be even if you compared them to S and Slim models.

Do these niche products make any financial sense?

pswii60

4k mode on the Pro was by far my favourite. The super sharp and clean visuals combined with all that additional detail visible in the distance was far and away better than the enhanced visuals at 1080p.

RenditMan

Banned
Nope

No mate, just no.

Mr Moose

Nope

Well, you're wrong.

kuYuri

Yeah, I think suspect is a good word to use.

kH2xTmZ.png

I'm looking forward to playing this on X though, hopefully the input issues are sorted since Nixxes is working on the X-hanced version update.

So the person turns off Purehair on PC even though it's enabled on X1X. Then acts like the X1X version has definitively better hair even though they acknowledged the setting was turned off on PC.

lmao

Didn't they add improvements over the PC version for the Xbox?

Obviously PC can run everything Xbox can but maybe they didn't put as much effort adding those features to PC.

X1X version has added HDR and Dolby Atmos support. Theoretically, they can add these features to PC (not sure about Dolby Atmos), up to Square Enix and Nixxes though to patch it in.

Caayn

This comparison seems... strange. XB1X footage we saw was alpha footage, PS4 Pro is running in 1080p mode and PC doesn't seem to be running with all settings maximized.
X1X version has added HDR and Dolby Atmos support. Theoretically, they can add these features to PC (not sure about Dolby Atmos), up to Square Enix and Nixxes though to patch it in.
Windows 10 has no problem with handling Dolby Atmos audio.
Looks identical to me but viewing it on a phone. Not worth the extra 500 for that small of a change at least.
Did you by any chance buy a PS4 Pro?

Yeah um...if it's not DF or NX Gamer, I'm not taking it seriously. However, come November, the boys at DF and NX Gamer are going to be busy, busy, busy with comparisons. It's going to be interesting.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Didn't they add improvements over the PC version for the Xbox?

Obviously PC can run everything Xbox can but maybe they didn't put as much effort adding those features to PC.

what about HBAO+ and VXAO? they can add this on AMD hardware? :)

Top Bottom